Yellow | Extension For 5 Years Equal:

Take the needle off the record for crying out loud. You along with the others that don't work for YRC couldn't care less if WE, the men and woman who actually work for the company take another 5 years of concessions. You're not having to deal with the pay cuts, nor the pension issues WE face. You just want the company to remain open for your own selfish reasons. That would be that if the company closed the doors the pension funds would be flooded by new retirees trying to get whatever they can and in turn break the funds all together. So scram! Sit on the sidelines and let the active members discuss these issues WE face.

"Can You Feel The Love Tonite?"

Actually- I WAS leaving. Not Now..... :biglaugh:

NO....he means the company lied when they signed that MOU and that THEY would abide by it!.....KK

Put that aside for a moment and look at the reality of the situation in the real world.....Do you honestly believe that YRCF is lying about the need for an extension?.... If you say yes, then you do not understand the gravity of the current situation....notice I said "Current"....The economic environment that we are still experiencing has not allowed the Company to financially be where they had hoped to be....when your looking into what the future may hold as far as the freight markets go, it is easy to reason that projected growth may be different from actual growth..We live in a fluid economy....and sometimes that means the situation can change....overall I think most would agree that the the agreed to concessions has been for the best, as the company is still operating and your all still working.....

On the other hand if you feel that the Company is not lying about the need for an extension...then what is all the fuss about? ...IF it is needed to remain afloat under the current contract.....to me...it seems that is a better alternative to giving up and laying down....I hear so many whine about the Union....how do you think the Union will ever regain any influence if we keep losing employers and members? ...I can't see ANY good coming out of a shut down.....Once again...I ask.. to all those who wish for the Company to fold.....Why wait?... Leave now...What keeps you here? ... you don't have to wait for the Company to Shut down to go and find that "better job" that you think is out there with your names on them....

KK, I know you have been around here for a long time, and by and large I have usually agreed with many of your posts... but on this issue I'm going to have to disagree with your position....

whew! still laughing at your weak attempt to personalize my statement from a lie to hurt feelings. I kinda think your the one with the hurt feelings and the only advice I can give you is start brushing your teeth and the feelings you now have wont hurt as often. and the need for additional feelings will be greatly reduced. I see your type often at truck stops. in Mcdonalds speak you are a Mcnasty.Sorry if the truth hurts yell OUCH! Since your not capable of realizing you were and are being lied to I figured I would talk in a way your capable of understanding...

Typical response from someone that is unable to think rational thoughts.....instead of making your case in an adult manner....using adult reasoning abilities, you find it necessary to lower yourself to the level of a mere spoiled child.....hence the immature and juvenile attempts at insulting me....You lack the necessary intelligence to be able to insult me...

I see your type often at truck stops. in Mcdonalds speak you are a Mcnasty.

This comment makes my point.....instead of a grown up response...this is the best you can do? It doesn't insult me...it just makes me feel sorry for you that you think that these comments are "clever"... I find that sad......Maybe you should stop hanging around at the truck stops and McDonalds.....perhaps that your problem.....

I figured I would talk in a way your capable of understanding...

Judging from the quality of your posts you are far below any ability to be able to have an intellectual conversation with me or anyone else that actually possesses the ability think beyond just the surface........Perhaps someday if you ever aspire to a higher level of understanding you might be able to actually talk to me....

Hey your scared I understand we all are ,but we can't just keep giving them what they want . We still have over a year on or current contract ,and we're being threatened with a shut down . I personally don't think voting no will shut down the company. We have a good company that can make money for the share holders and the banks ,and the teamsters .

I'm not scared.....I'm only being pragmatic ....I understand your concern about "giving them what they want"...I further understand about having a year on the contract.....however, the current problem apparently is a maturing payment on a loan and the issue of refinancing the current debt at a more sustainable level..If those issues can't be resolved....it's likely there won't be another year....From what I understand it is the lenders, not the Company, that is actually in the "drivers seat" as it were....Moreover I feel that this Company will eventually turn around...it just needs more time to do so....The Lenders are not Stupid ....if they think the Company is worth giving more time to.....with the appropriate conditions, then why would anyone seriously consider that the "vote no" people on here are so much smarter and wiser?... To me voting yourself out of a job is one thing...but your also voting others out of a Job along with you..

We have a good company that can make money for the share holders and the banks ,and the teamsters

We can only do that if the Company remains operating.... a no vote at this time would likely put it's future in serious jeopardy....and once the Vote is cast and counted and it does cause the Company to Close...there is no going back.....Remember the teamsters at Hostess? ..Gambling with your own future is one thing....but gambling with every ones future is quite another...

Take the needle off the record for crying out loud. You along with the others that don't work for YRC couldn't care less if WE, the men and woman who actually work for the company take another 5 years of concessions. You're not having to deal with the pay cuts, nor the pension issues WE face. You just want the company to remain open for your own selfish reasons. That would be that if the company closed the doors the pension funds would be flooded by new retirees trying to get whatever they can and in turn break the funds all together. So scram! Sit on the sidelines and let the active members discuss these issues WE face.
Whether you voted yes or no to the MOU, by remaining you accepted the terms. YRCF owes you NOTHING. I find it sadly disturbing that people who hate working for YRCF get angry when people who want to work here tell them to quit. If you don't like what has become of YRCF why do you stay? If YRCF shuts the doors the vast majority will NOT find better jobs. And any way you slice it you WILL likely take a pay and benefit cut.

I am not supporting bankruptcy...I would just like to know how much are we willing to give back "just to have a job?" Do we give back another week's vacation?....Our measly 5 sick days?.....another 5,10%?.... Tell me how much you are willing to give back to have the luxury to work in freezing cold temperatures or blistering hot temperatures, just to watch them give you ballcaps and **** their money away. With the first round of concessions, we were told this is all we need to right the ship. Was it? Or did they not come back again and again. All I ask is that you tell me when enough is enough. If you chose to give up more, then, atta boy.

I would just like to know how much are we willing to give back "just to have a job?"

That is an individual decision..... I have no way of knowing that.... What I can say , however, is that when a person reaches the point that they feel that is no longer worth it ...then they, as an individual, should move on ....get another job..that point is going to be different for everyone....and to have someone make that choice for you by voting to essentially bankrupt the Company is not going to make things better for anyone.....You should consider the greater scope of the impact a Shut down would have....and not just to your fellow employees...but for the overall health of the Union.....We need more Union employers and members...not less.....it's as I mentioned in previous remarks....the situation is broader in scope than each of us.....We should consider the consequences before hand.....

Tell me how much you are willing to give back to have the luxury to work in freezing cold temperatures or blistering hot temperatures

IF you reach the conclusion that you have given back enough.....then it is incumbent upon you to leave and get another job....not do what you can to make sure that those that still want and need the job follow you to the unemployment line...
Consider this.....If you wait until the doors close....it will be a lot harder for you to find another job as there are going to be a lot of unemployed YRCF workers vying for the available jobs....and quite likely you and the others will be working somewhere for a lot less than what you currently make..or would likely be making if further concessions were to be granted.. So if your concerned about "giving more"...Keep in mind...if the Company folds... you'll lose it all in that case.... ....

So yes...essentially a "no vote" is supporting the possibility of bankrupting the Company...

Use your vote wisely....

Why are you under the impression that there will be cuts? Everything I've been told by local union officials and every rumor I've heard is that they want an extension, that they will give us back something. Obviously, they want some language to curb absenteeism and it sounds like they want something in the way of work rule changes. As far as the alleged absenteeism problem (which they created by taking away vacation), they already have language in place to discipline for absenteeism. IMO, they don't like how many people have and use FMLA. Unless they have friends in the federal government, they won't be changing a damn thing about that. As far as any work rule changes, I won't even speculate as to what they want. I will listen and see if what they offer is something I can live with. So by you saying I'm ready to "vote away" everything, that's simply not true. I'm willing to listen to what they have to say and make an informed decision. That's something that many of the most vocal on this site aren't even willing to do.....

I agree ya gotta give them a listen. Does the national negotiating committe just listen to their side and bring it back or do they put proposals in on their own maybe for us, or what?
I take a position that we should have some kind of say, or things looking out that this dont happen again. If they want changes in absentee policies, the least we should have is some language that we watch every financial thing they do as best as possible so they cannot do this again. It would be foolish to close them, but also foolish to allow them to keep coming back. They need some books open constantlly for the IBT to watch so they cant cry emergency anymore.
What about the rumour about buying ABF?
If they had cash for that where did it go.
If they want to play games like that. No more secrets in their finances and coming back to us. THEY NEED "PARENTAL" SUPERVISION FROM US.

Slave, I can't even fathom that they had 'cash' to buy ABF!?! Just a sucker who would lend them more debt on ABF's equity. Would be another YRCABFABCDEFG eventual fiasco....

Lets see, last time it was what 30 days after we agreed to the 15% had just paid a golfer 7 mil to wear their logo.! If I remember it later went to 8 mil a year times how many years. The last COO for YRC as told to me by multiple YRC drivers was a total nightmare...! If it didn't work the first time, lets just do it again. Hoffa can stand in front of a YRC/Holland/New Penn/Reddaway tractors and how he saved our jobs....he gave them a blank check and a union made teamster pen to write those checks.! Absentee my A.., the P&D guys are exhausted by Friday, dock is operating at a slow pace due to they force everyone they can to the street. Pushing everyone to 12 plus hours, can't hire help due to all the bs that YRC does and the layoff and working part-times while men are sitting at home. Last year we laid off 12 and only 6 returned...wonder why ? I have a absentee policy...how about not working the guys until they drop.! I don't care, if you exhaust your man power things are going to slow down...were all pushing the limits...daily. Some of the crap they try...I wonder where it says we can't tell them how to run their business....they are operating on our money. The union has an interest in YRC, we have people on the board, as if that helped. We need to put our demand on the table to know exactly whats going on...no more of this behind closed doors s**t ! How can you vote yes or no...without all the facts ! I'm Holland, I don't care which company your working for, we are in this together...like it or not.!

I must admit I don't understand why the shut the doors down crowd needs the company to close its really very simple just quit and don't look back, I've quit jobs befor I didn't need the company to close I just left

I must admit I don't understand why the shut the doors down crowd needs the company to close its really very simple just quit and don't look back, I've quit jobs befor I didn't need the company to close I just left

People are saying no extention. If the doors close it will be management that does it.

Typical response from someone that is unable to think rational thoughts.....instead of making your case in an adult manner....using adult reasoning abilities, you find it necessary to lower yourself to the level of a mere spoiled child.....hence the immature and juvenile attempts at insulting me....You lack the necessary intelligence to be able to insult me...

This comment makes my point.....instead of a grown up response...this is the best you can do? It doesn't insult me...it just makes me feel sorry for you that you think that these comments are "clever"... I find that sad......Maybe you should stop hanging around at the truck stops and McDonalds.....perhaps that your problem.....

Judging from the quality of your posts you are far below any ability to be able to have an intellectual conversation with me or anyone else that actually possesses the ability think beyond just the surface........Perhaps someday if you ever aspire to a higher level of understanding you might be able to actually talk to me....

Oh, sorry I see your the sensitive type.you also seem to suffer from a very self centered personality.you can dish it out but you can't take much back because of insecurities. When people like you try to show how intelligent they are,the inadvertently expose who they really are.p.s. post your zip code & some of us on here will find a free toothbrush give away for you.

I agree ya gotta give them a listen. Does the national negotiating committe just listen to their side and bring it back or do they put proposals in on their own maybe for us, or what?
I take a position that we should have some kind of say, or things looking out that this dont happen again. If they want changes in absentee policies, the least we should have is some language that we watch every financial thing they do as best as possible so they cannot do this again. It would be foolish to close them, but also foolish to allow them to keep coming back. They need some books open constantlly for the IBT to watch so they cant cry emergency anymore.
What about the rumour about buying ABF?
If they had cash for that where did it go.
If they want to play games like that. No more secrets in their finances and coming back to us. THEY NEED "PARENTAL" SUPERVISION FROM US.

I'm concerned over the popular belief that YRC had money in the bank to purchase ABF. In 2009, ABF was one of he companies actively campaigning for the closure of YRC, telling customers that we were so close to bankruptcy that they should diver their fright to ABF or risk having it stuck in the pipeline, and most recently the company suing YRC and IBT over the concessions. ABF has a real interest in seeing YRC go under.

Given the timing of the YRC offer for ABF there are two options. 1) YRC could have been trying to induce a strike vote or at least a nasty and protracted negotiations process over ABF's contract. 2) YRC was interested in acquiring the equipment and property of ABF before putting everything up for sale to try to raise additional operating cash. Between selling off assets and the diverted freight, I'm sure some hotshot MBA was arguing that they could generate the cash to meet any interest obligations regardless of the increase in total debt.

Also the books are open. IBT owns 25% of the company and has the responsibility to demand transparency, additional audits, and overall accountability. I know we like to blame management, but they are all hired by the board and the shareholders. I hate to say this, but if IBT has elected not to watch the books over the past few years then they are the ones that have been negligent. Who owns a quarter of a company and doesn't look at the financials?

I'm concerned over the popular belief that YRC had money in the bank to purchase ABF. In 2009, ABF was one of he companies actively campaigning for the closure of YRC, telling customers that we were so close to bankruptcy that they should diver their fright to ABF or risk having it stuck in the pipeline, and most recently the company suing YRC and IBT over the concessions. ABF has a real interest in seeing YRC go under.

Given the timing of the YRC offer for ABF there are two options. 1) YRC could have been trying to induce a strike vote or at least a nasty and protracted negotiations process over ABF's contract. 2) YRC was interested in acquiring the equipment and property of ABF before putting everything up for sale to try to raise additional operating cash. Between selling off assets and the diverted freight, I'm sure some hotshot MBA was arguing that they could generate the cash to meet any interest obligations regardless of the increase in total debt.

Also the books are open. IBT owns 25% of the company and has the responsibility to demand transparency, additional audits, and overall accountability. I know we like to blame management, but they are all hired by the board and the shareholders. I hate to say this, but if IBT has elected not to watch the books over the past few years then they are the ones that have been negligent. Who owns a quarter of a company and doesn't look at the financials?

The IBT doesnt own 25% of yrcw. It was given to the members as stock in 401k accounts. And a lot of members sold that stock off long ago

The IBT doesnt own 25% of yrcw. It was given to the members as stock in 401k accounts. And a lot of members sold that stock off long ago

So the members of IBT owned 25%, by proxy their bargaining unit, the IBT, owned 25% of the company. Doesn't change anything.

If they don't own 25% now is their own fault - and I'm not even sure if that's true. Many members continued to purchase additional shares in the company. Why didn't the IBT continue to purchase shares to maintain that threshold? Why didn't IBT offer a buyback program for the teamsters who wanted to sell to ensure this power remained? This was their ticket to ensuring corporate responsibility and best management practices.

So the members of IBT owned 25%, by proxy their bargaining unit, the IBT, owned 25% of the company. Doesn't change anything.

If they don't own 25% now is their own fault - and I'm not even sure if that's true. Many members continued to purchase additional shares in the company. Why didn't the IBT continue to purchase shares to maintain that threshold? Why didn't IBT offer a buyback program for the teamsters who wanted to sell to ensure this power remained? This was their ticket to ensuring corporate responsibility and best management practices.

The ibt didn't purchase more because they never held any shares. The members held the shares in 401k's.

Amen. You cant count income you never had in the first place as lost income. Right now you don't have that 123k because you're not sure the company will be open for that long. That's like saying your house is worth $250,000 when everything in your neighborhood is selling for $100,000. It's only worth what you sell it for...the same as your labor.

When we agreed to the last round of concessions, we essentially accepted a new job at lower pay. Obviously, this was still a better alternative for almost everyone on these forums than looking for a new job or else you most certainly would have quit then. Unfortunately given the state of the job market, more concessions at YRC is still better than what most of us would find elsewhere.

If I agreed to a new job at a new pay rate, why does my check stub show my old rate next to my "new" rate. They sure like to let me know what I "would" have made at this new job.

If I agreed to a new job at a new pay rate, why does my check stub show my old rate next to my "new" rate. They sure like to let me know what I "would" have made at this new job.

First, the IBT could have used our dues to purchase stocks to maintain the 25% ownership. Just because they didn't hold the stocks doesn't mean that they should have ignored the need to maintain that power. Just because they never were given any doesn't mean they can't buy stock on the market. Seems like a better bargaining position to say that not only do we represent 25,000 employees we also represent 25% of the ownership of this company. If we as teamsters no longer own 25% of this company then the ball was dropped somewhere.

Second, I'm pretty sure the IBT negotiators demanded that number be there as a hedge for the future. If the economy would have improved, you can be sure that in 2015 the union would have been reminding us all to look at our check stubs. But again, it's looking at money that we never received so it doesn't count and I'm afraid that fixating on that number is what is going to make any negotiations so difficult this time around. Our labor is only worth what someone will actually pay us for it. If I thought I could have left YRC and made more than that .85 cents on the dollar I most certainly would have.