FedEx Freight | Fed ex insurance and joke of a raise

Thanks Red. Yes I've gone above the local level, perhaps beyond where some would consider reasonable, in the effort to leave no stone unturned. I won't go into details of private conversations, but the effort has been (and continues to be) made.

While the conditions of the wheel (wheels?) have been improved (without added grease), the targeted application of the grease has not made it's way to the bearing race, for the wheel (or wheels) in question.
It seems atleast you understand how the process works...instead of complaining, you do address the issues with the proper channels/people and don't just complain to hear yourself complaining...like most drivers do. Kudos to you!!

I'll disagree, if conditions have improved then the "wheel" is getting some grease, just not where the "wheel" would prefer to have it...perhaps to the bearings. In due time, I believe the bearings will get some grease too, as long as the "wheel" continues to use the proper channels. If the "wheel" chooses a "different route", it's quite possible the bearings will give out, causing the wheel to fall off.
Just my opinion.

Coincidence, absolutely . Contributing factor most certainly not. IMO. Truckingboards has absolutely no impact on decisions made by corporate. Nada !!! Just my opinion. But my opinion none the less. I would like to think they are smart enough to open some sort of format/dialogue for communication. One that could/would have some impact. Maybe they will in time.
Our company provides a plethora of tools for employees to address their concerns and issues and I would guess that this is where most of the changes originate from. Most who post on social media, including TruckingBoards, do so to complain, vent, etc...and I'm sure FedEx, as well as other companies, would rather their employees address their concerns in house rather than on social media for the world to see.
I will concur that our company, as well as most, does have a dept that monitors social media but to what extent or impact it has on the decisions that are made by corporate are questionable at best. Most decisions take time to address/implement and I would say most are already in the works before the complaints show up on social media, making most of the changes pure coincidental rather than a contributing factor.
Just my opinion.

We have a driver at a barn get a write up for what he had posted on FaceBook about FedEx. Someone is watching.

Our company provides a plethora of tools for employees to address their concerns and issues and I would guess that this is where most of the changes originate from. Most who post on social media, including TruckingBoards, do so to complain, vent, etc...and I'm sure FedEx, as well as other companies, would rather their employees address their concerns in house rather than on social media for the world to see.
I will concur that our company, as well as most, does have a dept that monitors social media but to what extent or impact it has on the decisions that are made by corporate are questionable at best. Most decisions take time to address/implement and I would say most are already in the works before the complaints show up on social media, making most of the changes pure coincidental rather than a contributing factor.
Just my opinion.
Excellent post. One of your best IMO.

We have a driver at a barn get a write up for what he had posted on FaceBook about FedEx. Someone is watching.
We actually have a "Social Media Guidelines for Employees" section in our handbook that I'm guessing most employees don't even know exist!! There are consequences for not following these guidelines.

I'll disagree, if conditions have improved then the "wheel" is getting some grease, just not where the "wheel" would prefer to have it...perhaps to the bearings. In due time, I believe the bearings will get some grease too, as long as the "wheel" continues to use the proper channels. If the "wheel" chooses a "different route", it's quite possible the bearings will give out, causing the wheel to fall off.
Just my opinion.
Oh, but Red... If not greased properly, and (lets just say) 3 out of 4 wheels start squeaking, they could "require" an upgrade to super "premium" synthetic "grease". :poke:

I'll agree that today, (it seems) the wheel is more likely to fall off, than be greased (on par with the other 3) during scheduled maintenance. Perhaps moving (rotating) the wheel to a different axle (on the same vehicle) would be the best bet. Maybe? Wanna swap locations?
:6799: :wee:

Train, are you inadvertently advocating the benefits of 3rd parties? :poke: Maximum results, Train? :biglaugh:
Well, I understand what you are saying and I suppose it's just a play on words. Let me put it this way. If the company was having major electrical problems they would most certainly call an electrician. A plumbing problem most likely a plumber would be called. A/C problem? An HVAC man. Running a company with their current business model requires flexibility they have had over the years to build this company. And although it's not without some issues it most certainly has worked for the most part. To run as efficiently as OD they need that flexibility. It's an absolute must if they want an operation ratio like the best run LTL company in business today.

Last edited:
Oh, but Red... If not greased properly, and (lets just say) 3 out of 4 wheels start squeaking, they could "require" an upgrade to super "premium" synthetic "grease". :poke:

I'll agree that today, (it seems) the wheel is more likely to fall off, than be greased (on par with the other 3) during scheduled maintenance. Perhaps moving (rotating) the wheel to a different axle (on the same vehicle) would be the best bet. Maybe? Wanna swap locations?
:6799: :wee:
Or..those 3 wheels could be inspected to see why they're squeaking. If it turns out that they continuously squeak for no reason, then they're usually ignored or the owner becomes immune to the squeaking...kinda like the bells and whistles in the new tractors. If their squeak is legitimate, then they'll recieve some grease...eventually. If the squeaking continues after the greasing, then either they're ignored and/or replaced. To assume the owner would provide "premium synthetic grease" just because a majority of the wheels are sqeaking is a stretch, IMO, any grease is better than no grease.

A rotation of the wheels "could" be a good thing for the wheel AND the vehicle...sometimes a simple rotation will fix the problem. As for swapping, I think I'll pass...I've already received some grease!! (-:

Or..those 3 wheels could be inspected to see why they're squeaking. If it turns out that they continuously squeak for no reason, then they're usually ignored or the owner becomes immune to the squeaking...kinda like the bells and whistles in the new tractors. If their squeak is legitimate, then they'll recieve some grease...eventually. If the squeaking continues after the greasing, then either they're ignored and/or replaced. To assume the owner would provide "premium synthetic grease" just because a majority of the wheels are sqeaking is a stretch, IMO, any grease is better than no grease.

A rotation of the wheels "could" be a good thing for the wheel AND the vehicle...sometimes a simple rotation will fix the problem. As for swapping, I think I'll pass...I've already received some grease!! (-:
This wheel parallel has turned out very nice.

Last edited:

Pretty good, Red.:grin: Really, I mean that.

The only unknown in this modern era, is the technology that now allows the wheels to "talk" to one another, much like the transmissions and engines now speak to one another. This linking of various systems provides for a more efficient sharing of information and troubleshooting between the wheels themselves. Warning "alerts" can be sounded in unison, demanding immediate attention. :poke:

Kind of a stretch? :idunno:Perhaps, but interesting conversation, none the less. Gotta Run :smilie93c peelout:

I bet you have recieved plenty of grease :lmao::poke:

Pretty good, Red.:grin: Really, I mean that.

The only unknown in this modern era, is the technology that now allows the wheels to "talk" to one another, much like the transmissions and engines now speak to one another. This linking of various systems provides for a more efficient sharing of information and troubleshooting between the wheels themselves. Warning "alerts" can be sounded in unison, demanding immediate attention. :poke:

Kind of a stretch? :idunno:Perhaps, but interesting conversation, none the less. Gotta Run :smilie93c peelout:
Since we're now incorporating "new technology", we must first ask a VERY IMPORTANT question....is this a newer vehicle already equipped with this new technology or is it an older vehicle that's been retrofitted? The reason is...

If this is an older vehicle then the wheels are of an older version that are used to "rolling" a certain way. With this new technology, they may not be able to adapt to the ever changing world of "rolling" because they're used to doing things "their way" (we all know most "wheels" don't like change) which in turn "could" cause the wheels to squeak just for the sake of squeaking. It's possible that they can't communicate with this new technology which causes them to become agitated into squeaking, thus causing the uproar which leads to a little greasing. If they continue to squeak, the ECM communicates to the owner of the vehicle and suggest the wheels be replaced with a newer version.
(We all know retrofitting isn't as good as factory installed OEM systems)

If it's a newer vehicle, then the wheels are of a newer version and with this technology if one wheel starts to "squeak", the other three overcompensate for its squeaking. If the one wheel continues to squeak, the other three become agitated with his squeaking and communicate with the ECM that that wheel needs greasing or replacing because they're tired of picking up his slack...therefor with this "new technology" the theory of 3 out of 4 wheels squeaking is irrelevant.

I too enjoy the witty banter my friend...it does break the monotony!! :grin:

Last edited: