FedEx Freight | Fed ex insurance and joke of a raise

Yes, but many times those entities fail miserably. Big brother has miscalculated on many occasions. But maybe this time it will work in your favor. I don't wish bad on you CT I just want you to understand that sometimes things don't go your way. You win some and you lose some CT. You may have won in Chicago but just remember it doesn't always play in your favor. And for you to assume I'm not familiar with the Chicago case would make you starting to act a little defensive. Just because I don't work their doesn't mean I never read about that. I wouldn't act so presumptuous when it comes to what I know or don't know. Sorry Red, I meant to quote CT.
Hey Train i think CT was just letting anybody else that may not have known about Chicago not just you. Many troll on here and might not know what he was talking about.And you should never assume anything just spell it out if you get my drift."nuff said enjoy the weekend and stay safe

I understand what you are saying but I contend that much of what you are associating with getting from you know who you would have gotten anyway. They sure have felt no pressure to change the GPD in your region. Yes, sometimes the squeaky wheel does get grease. But sometimes the wheels are simply replaced.

We've been told that we need to have patience, Train. We're told that things like this take time, at a giant corporation like FedEx. In truth, I've tried to structure the discussion in such a way as to allow some time, but I'm just one person. There is/will be a point where patience can no longer be maintained. The market moves ahead, leaving our drivers behind (at my location), by an amount almost exactly equal to the GPD (bump) figure. I don't make this stuff up, and most local drivers are fully aware of the competitive wages and lack thereof. I'm pretty sure Corporate knows too.:poke:

You beat me to the punch...the squeaky wheel does get the grease but if the wheel continues to squeak then it gets replaced.

As for being replaced, that has been an assumed risk all along. But you must know, I'm not saying anything that's not being said by others in private or in the parking lot, etc. The only difference is I choose to say it publicly and/or to people who might actually have some influence to change it. If honest discussion is too uncomfortable, by all means, show me the door. At least I won't look back and say: Damn, I wish I'd said something to the right people, with the ability to fix it, before it was too late.

Last edited:
That's what I've been saying from day one. They knocked on FedEx's door. It's their ballgame. And it's their right to change the rules anytime they see fit. Play by their rules or move on. No one is twisting their arms to stay. The market pays what it pays. FedEx is not that far out of line. If they can get a better compensation then go for it. Because all the complaining in the world won't change a thing.
truck drivers are unskilled labor worth about 300.00 dollars/week!

truck drivers are unskilled labor worth about 300.00 dollars/week!
That's why I have no complaints with my employer ... I can make that in one day plus my healthcare and 401K with my vacation and personal days make my job a hell of a good deal. The FedEx drivers I talk to in Dallas are happy as hell. I just don't understand many of these guys. To me a buck or two is not worth making a change just to start over a the bottom somewhere else.

Last edited:
I never said they owe you anything. They pay you what the market bears or they risk losing good drivers to the competition. The competition is the driving force here. Simple as that.

In the time I've been at FedEx there are lots of drivers at my barn complaining about the company. But, not one of them has left for the competition. Not One. Tells me all I need to know.

In the time I've been at FedEx there are lots of drivers at my barn complaining about the company. But, not one of them has left for the competition. Not One. Tells me all I need to know.
I learned long ago that the ones that shoot their mouth off the most are no real threat. It's the quiet ones you need to watch. The ones that you never see coming. I'm talking in general and not so much about your post. Many guys just like to complain to fit in. To just go along and be part of the pack mentality. I've never been that way.

Last edited:
As for being replaced, that has been an assumed risk all along. But you must know, I'm not saying anything that's not being said by others in private or in the parking lot, etc. The only difference is I choose to say it publicly and/or to people who might actually have some influence to change it. If honest discussion is too uncomfortable, by all means, show me the door. At least I won't look back and say: Damn, I wish I'd said something to the right people, with the ability to fix it, before it was too late.
I agree and wasn't speaking to you directly but rather in general...sorry if I wasn't clear.
As for your situation...I agree with the premise that you're only saying what others think but do you really believe getting on here and sharing your displeasure will accomplish anything (although it would probably achieve more than any third party could IMO)? Have you tried going outside your local center, perhaps calling 1-800-The-Hill to discuss the issue?
I do believe the squeaky wheel WILL get some grease...eventually...but you also have to agree that if the wheel continues to squeak, it'll get no more grease causing the wheel to wear out and fall off on its own!!

Last edited:
I agree and wasn't speaking to you directly but rather in general...sorry if I wasn't clear.
As for your situation...I agree with the premise that you're only saying what others think but do you really believe getting on here and sharing your displeasure will accomplish anything (although it would probably achieve more than any third party could IMO)? Have you tried going outside your local center, perhaps calling 1-800-The-Hill to discuss the issue?
I do believe the squeaky wheel WILL get some grease...eventually...but you also have to agree that if the wheel continues to squeak, it'll get no more grease causing the wheel to wear out and fall off on its own!!
Getting on here is just a way to vent. This site is so insignificant in the big picture. Do corporates visit this site? Perhaps at times but do you think anything we would say on here would have any impact on their decisions. So many I truly believe think they are talking to Fred himself. This site is for entertainment purposes only. It would serve many to understand that. The suits just look at this site and laugh among themselves. Look at the number of members this site has. It's so insignificant. I just stumbled across this site by chance. Most LTL guys don't even know it's here. It is not a platform to get results. It's simply a place to come and vent. Period !!! The thought that this site would have any impact in the way top level management make decisions is absurd. You might as well shout at the rain. Cuss it out and demand it to stop and see what it does. Trust me, everything you say on here falls on deaf hears as far as corporate goes. If your looking for change try a different platform.

Last edited:
Getting on here is just a way to vent. This site is so insignificant in the big picture. Do corporates visit this site? Perhaps at times but do you think anything we would say on here would have any impact on their decisions. So many I truly believe think they are talking to Fred himself. This site is for entertainment purposes only. It would serve many to understand that. The suits just look at this site a laugh among themselves. Look at the number of members this site has. It's so insignificant. I just stumbled across this site by chance. Most LTL guys don't even know it's here. It is not a platform to get results. It's simply a place to come and vent. Period !!!

Again since you don't work here you have no clue as to what has changed do to feedback on here. Your making a generalization and it's true for the most part.

Again since you don't work here you have no clue as to what has changed do to feedback on here. Your making a generalization and it's true for the most part.
All I'm saying is truckingboards has nothing to do with change. Changes are made at the top with facts generated from professional outside sources. Not some trucking web site.

Last edited:

Thanks Red. Yes I've gone above the local level, perhaps beyond where some would consider reasonable, in the effort to leave no stone unturned. I won't go into details of private conversations, but the effort has been (and continues to be) made.

While the conditions of the wheel (wheels?) have been improved (without added grease), the targeted application of the grease has not made it's way to the bearing race, for the wheel (or wheels) in question.

Getting on here is just a way to vent. This site is so insignificant in the big picture. Do corporates visit this site? Perhaps at times but do you think anything we would say on here would have any impact on their decisions. So many I truly believe think they are talking to Fred himself. This site is for entertainment purposes only. It would serve many to understand that. The suits just look at this site and laugh among themselves. Look at the number of members this site has. It's so insignificant. I just stumbled across this site by chance. Most LTL guys don't even know it's here. It is not a platform to get results. It's simply a place to come and vent. Period !!! The thought that this site would have any impact in the way top level management make decisions is absurd. You might as well shout at the rain. Cuss it out and demand it to stop and see what it does. Trust me, everything you say on here falls on deaf hears as far as corporate goes. If your looking for change try a different platform.

You're probably right, as far as the current impact of this site. There was a time when it provided insight into the thinking of the drivers/employees at the various centers. In fact, it still does, to some extent. Though, most no longer (and never did) participate in the public forums.

The truth is, many of the improvements came directly from the pages of truckingboards. If you were able to listen to the 1st couple of installments of the Corporate communications videos, you would recognize the topics and terms from discussions on this very forum. Even the Direct communications, via video format, were talked about here, and provided proof that somebody was listening. Coincidence, you might say? Contributing factor, most certainly.

Since we don't have a format/mechanism/outlet for direct communication back to Corporate, we use this forum, and perhaps make some small difference. We use the tools we have, not the ones we wish we had...

You're probably right, as far as the current impact of this site. There was a time when it provided insight into the thinking of the drivers/employees at the various centers. In fact, it still does, to some extent. Though, most no longer (and never did) participate in the public forums.

The truth is, many of the improvements came directly from the pages of truckingboards. If you were able to listen to the 1st couple of installments of the Corporate communications videos, you would recognize the topics and terms from discussions on this very forum. Even the Direct communications, via video format, were talked about here, and provided proof that somebody was listening. Coincidence, you might say? Contributing factor, most certainly.

Since we don't have a format/mechanism/outlet for direct communication back to Corporate, we use this forum, and perhaps make some small difference. We use the tools we have, not the ones we wish we had...
Coincidence, absolutely . Contributing factor most certainly not. IMO. Truckingboards has absolutely no impact on decisions made by corporate. Nada !!! Just my opinion. But my opinion none the less. I would like to think they are smart enough to open some sort of format/dialogue for communication. One that could/would have some impact. Maybe they will in time.

Last edited:
Coincidence, absolutely . Contributing factor most certainly not. IMO. Truckingboards has absolutely no impact on decisions made by corporate. Nada !!! Just my opinion. But my opinion none the less. I would like to think they are smart enough to open some sort of format/dialogue for communication. One that could/would have some impact. Maybe they will in time.
I found out about this site from my old SCM he would get on here all the time.

All I'm saying is truckingboards has nothing to do with change. Changes are made at the top with facts generated from professional outside sources. Not some trucking web site.

And im saying your wrong they get a lot of info off here not saying it changes anything but it has. Last year when all this was going on nasvegas posted they needed a bump bid in Nashville the next day they did it. So i would say they are watching closely.

And im saying your wrong they get a lot of info off here not saying it changes anything but it has. Last year when all this was going on nasvegas posted they needed a bump bid in Nashville the next day they did it. So i would say they are watching closely.
Coincidence. Think what you want. This forum has maybe 10 or so regular posters. A grain of sand on the beach.