FedEx Freight | Fedex vs Vitran

Management told us last year that if we had another acqusition there would be no dovetailing. The new company employees would be offered on a need basis only and as new employees. I have this on tape.
I dont think we dream of fedex buying vitran. If i wanted to work for purple i would've applied there. It just sucks being kept in the dark. If they wrer to sell i doubt they would take all the drivers anyway.

And Mike Moss told me to my face I'd have a choice of which pension plan I wanted to stay with.
Do you think it's any coincidence that we don't have a bound and printed employee handbook?

The other day, I heard a commercial on the radio....FXF is doing freight to and from South America....First I heard of it...

I dont know point of entry or exit....is it Laredo....?.. anybody know

South America is probably loaded into a container and placed on a ship in Miami or a gulf port

i read this entire thread and it's making me laugh. At first, there was some joking about the idea of fedex buying vitran and some boasting of how it was'nt going to happen. Then many of the key fed ex executives defect and head to vitran overnight and now there's everything from hunches, questions, head scratching and scenerios. Even the tone of a few people have gotten defensive in light of these events. Lol. Seems like alot of you second quessing yourselves at the thought. Alot of the vitran drivers have been with the company along time so some of you might get bumped down the seniority list when they dovetail certain terminals. Enjoy. :popcorn:

fedex is getting vitran up to date with their operation. That is why all the big wigs are going over there. They will do the same thing they did with watkins, wait and see. Vitrans stock sucks right now,fedex will by cheap and then make money. Fedex lost the hell out of money when they bought watkins then after merge about 1 1/2 years made a killing get the big picture people its going to happen. And by the way possiblity only a few road drivers the rest will be contract drivers.contract drivers is only a possiblity vitran will happen. Wait and see

I doubt you guys buy us. Why would fx put all these resources into vitran when they can easily move all our freight to your docks and move it while keeping maybe 20% of the vitran work force? why would they want a new HQ built in pittsburgh? Lastly, my understanding is that the way in which the fx management left caused some holes in the fx operation. fx would not risk its bread and butter to rush help to vitran.

I am not real concerned about it no matter what happens. There are so many directions the flying v could go, but I doubt being bought by fed ex is one.

I heard that at least one FedEx executive left on bad terms. As in, "I got my bonus, I'm outta here."

The defections to Vitran are NOT over yet!!! And to those that think Fred is gonna buy Vitran, I say... STOP SMOKIN' THE PURPLE CRACK!!!!!

The defections to Vitran are NOT over yet!!! And to those that think Fred is gonna buy Vitran, I say... STOP SMOKIN' THE PURPLE CRACK!!!!!

With the recent profit at freight and Fedex's ability to raise capital... it is more likely that Fedex would swallow a LARGE fish. Like privately held Estes, or maybe even Conway freight. (A Good opportunity for reducing the FEDEX workforce) and making UPS FREIGHT meaningless! I mean Watkins has assumed control now. I think now we all see that OLD AF management left because they knew they were about to be eliminated as a progression of a LARGE takeover. (Middle Management is always trimmed). And they will need another 2 day carrier to dismantle soon. They are just getting started on the acquisitions. The network will double in size within the next year thru a purchase or 2. just my opinion, I Do NOT speak for FEDEX. Vitran is like AF before the teamsters strike of 1994. Just a struggling venture with a vision. Keylon and Co. all grew up in the LTL business at AF, And they are trying to start the next AF... will it work? Who knows. But a good core management team is in place now.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the recent profit at freight and Fedex's ability to raise capital... it is more likely that Fedex would swallow a LARGE fish. Like privately held Estes, or maybe even Conway freight. (A Good opportunity for reducing the FEDEX workforce) and making UPS FREIGHT meaningless! I mean Watkins has assumed control now. I think now we all see that OLD AF management left because they knew they were about to be eliminated as a progression of a LARGE takeover. (Middle Management is always trimmed). And they will need another 2 day carrier to dismantle soon. They are just getting started on the acquisitions. The network will double in size within the next year thru a purchase or 2. just my opinion, I Do NOT speak for FEDEX. Vitran is like AF before the teamsters strike of 1994. Just a struggling venture with a vision. Keylon and Co. all grew up in the LTL business at AF, And they are trying to start the next AF... will it work? Who knows. But a good core management team is in place now.

Yet another post that should've started: "GREETINGS PEOPLE OF EARTH! WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF THE PLANET NONSENSICAL!"

WNJ SCM quit earlier in the week and today the NEW SCM quit. Both are hdg to Vitran supposedly the WNJ SCM was offered more money and I mean considerably more to jump ship. So far they say there have been about 31 folks bailing out. Guess they see the writing on the wall.