ODFL | Fired while on comp?

Just One More? Did you guys get those stupid JOM stickers too? Yeah.... as a grown man I'm going to go around begging for freight with stickers. Funny listening to these sales reps try to push this on us and then they're gone a month later working for R & L.

Right, I feel like I am begging for a starving company.

Our service is faked, I did some checking and we are no where close to what we claim. Turns out the managers bonus is also based on service and they need 99.2% to get a full bonus. The managers cheat it by adding appointments or showing it trapped. From what I'm told, our region VP even sends out reminders to the managers like "163 late shipments in the region yesterday, make sure they were coded correctly". That means senior leaders are in on the cheating. Things are certainly changing when we cheat to help our pockets.

Our terminal has a board when they claim to those who read it to have a 99.9 on time delivery and an OR of 75. If you can get the corporate office to believe it who am I to call you a liar.......

Debbie Downer? Is that what you folks in Corp told my buddy's family when he was killed by a hostler in our yard a few months ago? My attitude changed when I saw how that was swept under the rug. Sweet tribute too, barely a sentence and a small picture mixed in with a bunch of guys receiving 2.0 awards in the newsline rag.
Billy I seen that.So Sad and so Sad in that what I thought would have been a honor to him was for OD to use this has a teaching tool,But,No they kept it under the rug.Yes,it has turned my stomach to.But,take this Billy.Since the accident I wear my yellow vest from the time I walk across that yard in the morning till I go back out that gate in the evening's and when I'm ask'd why I wear it I let them know why I do.It's to honor your friend and keep the word out to other's that it's never enough to stay safe out there.I explain to any OD employee that ask me why and I tell them the truth.

Then explain to me why you pull a driver or drivers off there routes and send them in.Because they don't want them over 50 hours on Thursday.Then you going to send a driver 1.5 hour drive to pick up one skid.Same with me send me 45 minute drive to get one skid then miss the second pick up because they had already left for the day.Common Since would have let those drivers in the area service the customer and forget the 50.Looks like we spend more money and time running around to me.Sorry,but I'm not the only one who see's this.

I did not know my dispatchers were clones of yours. same thing here

Our terminal has a board when they claim to those who read it to have a 99.9 on time delivery and an OR of 75. If you can get the corporate office to believe it who am I to call you a liar.......
Wonder how many appointment and trap shipments?

Just One More? Did you guys get those stupid JOM stickers too? Yeah.... as a grown man I'm going to go around begging for freight with stickers. Funny listening to these sales reps try to push this on us and then they're gone a month later working for R & L.
We got donuts and cookies with our stickers just saying....lol:guinesssmilie:But no milk

Billy I seen that.So Sad and so Sad in that what I thought would have been a honor to him was for OD to use this has a teaching tool,But,No they kept it under the rug.Yes,it has turned my stomach to.But,take this Billy.Since the accident I wear my yellow vest from the time I walk across that yard in the morning till I go back out that gate in the evening's and when I'm ask'd why I wear it I let them know why I do.It's to honor your friend and keep the word out to other's that it's never enough to stay safe out there.I explain to any OD employee that ask me why and I tell them the truth.

I've done the same since our uniforms are so dark. I also feel like yelling at the hostlers & drivers about how dangerous running wide open in a busy yard can be when they fly by me, but you know how fragile some are when they have to take advice from someone else. The driver we loss, really was one of the better people OD has hired. Though he was on linehaul, he was always very friendly even after a long night and well loved by the all he came across. I didn't care about yard times when we ran into eachother, because the conversation was always genuine.

So we have a guy that got hurt pretty serious about a yr ago. He's had surgery on his arm and he's been here 20yrs. He was about 1-2months from being released(what I've heard) and OD decides to just fire him...Why? Can they do that? Would they do that? Can anyone actually retire from here? What kind of company is this? I also heard theyd just pay out some lawsuit and take the loss. Is this going on anywhere else? Is this how they are?
Let's get back to the start of this mess of a thread, There's not much detail here,The only man I've heard of being fired while on comp refused light duty.Perhaps this is what took place here? Even if you fired the guy OD's still on the hook for his injury,doesn't make a lot of sense.

Let's get back to the start of this mess of a thread, There's not much detail here,The only man I've heard of being fired while on comp refused light duty.Perhaps this is what took place here? Even if you fired the guy OD's still on the hook for his injury,doesn't make a lot of sense.

Some people screw themselves up pretty good at this place moving around OD's heavy freight without the proper knowledge of how to do so or just plain being pressured by management to get er done. Then OD insults them by offering light duty when they can barely walk after a knee surgery at a reduced rate. No wonder they don't come running through the door when the insurance they've been paying for will pay nearly the same.

h
So we have a guy that got hurt pretty serious about a yr ago. He's had surgery on his arm and he's been here 20yrs. He was about 1-2months from being released(what I've heard) and OD decides to just fire him...Why? Can they do that? Would they do that? Can anyone actually retire from here? What kind of company is this? I also heard theyd just pay out some lawsuit and take the loss. Is this going on anywhere else? Is this how they are?
he signed an agreement to be terminated at will, Old Dominion did just that.

They do this kind of thing all the time. This is very similar to the several instances I've heard of and have had coworkers first hand tell me about with being on short term disability and being let go for not passing the physical fitness for duty test. Anymore if you're injured workers comp or not, you're in danger of not being able to return. Very dark side to OD when you really dig into these topics. I 100% believe the on time and claim numbers are being fudged. As a linehaul driver, just when i use to fill in for P&D I saw too many issues too believe the high numbers they claim.

They do this kind of thing all the time. This is very similar to the several instances I've heard of and have had coworkers first hand tell me about with being on short term disability and being let go for not passing the physical fitness for duty test. Anymore if you're injured workers comp or not, you're in danger of not being able to return. Very dark side to OD when you really dig into these topics. I 100% believe the on time and claim numbers are being fudged. As a linehaul driver, just when i use to fill in for P&D I saw too many issues too believe the high numbers they claim.

I know right? We destroy what seems like 1 out of 2 shipments too but our numbers are suppose to be better than everyone else!

I know right? We destroy what seems like 1 out of 2 shipments too but our numbers are suppose to be better than everyone else!
Our claims numbers are based on paid claims, not filed. If we denied the claim due to improper packaging it doesn't count against us. Wonder what the number filed looks like

Our service is faked, I did some checking and we are no where close to what we claim. Turns out the managers bonus is also based on service and they need 99.2% to get a full bonus. The managers cheat it by adding appointments or showing it trapped. From what I'm told, our region VP even sends out reminders to the managers like "163 late shipments in the region yesterday, make sure they were coded correctly". That means senior leaders are in on the cheating. Things are certainly changing when we cheat to help our pockets.

:stirthepot: BillyLo is just making a statement about what's going at that terminal, that's happen at the Atlanta Term. too and he is right about NC. If NC cared, Atlanta Term's. and some of the other Term's would be in better shape. You must be new at OD, wait a few years and you will see the light!!!!:shift:
Yeah, he will see the light in his pay check, when he looks at his overtime pay, Funny, there is none. Same pay rate for an 8 hr. day and the same pay rate for 9-10-11- or 12 hrs, the same, no overtime pay, really? Why would anyone want to work there? OD-Stands for Overtime Denied.

Yeah, he will see the light in his pay check, when he looks at his overtime pay, Funny, there is none. Same pay rate for an 8 hr. day and the same pay rate for 9-10-11- or 12 hrs, the same, no overtime pay, really? Why would anyone want to work there? OD-Stands for Overtime Denied.

I get OT after 40 in Washington and boy does OD hate that the state forces them to not screw me over so we get punished and can't work over 47 hrs a week or all management gets a spanking.