FedEx Freight | First Look - Kenworth T680

These are not like the old AutoShifts, these are UltraShifts, much different setup than the push button KWs and Volvos. Trust me.

roog

Just ask RC he knows it all. Love that CB jabber.

With not being able to fluidly speak Spanish or Punjabi, I don't have much use for the CB anymore. Steering wheel holder is a derisive term used amongst my peers. Very much like using the term "Good Buddy", Good Buddy.

Seems as though those driving skills RC refers to do not include fuel conservation.

It is apparent that your advanced driving skills are on a par with your knowledge of what goes on during the night in winter on Donner.
The driving skills I referenced are all about fuel conservation. It's called progressive shifting, up to speed faster with less fuel consumption. But then again, it is an advanced skill that possibly some day you could learn.

Well sir, I'm just curious but what's Punjabi?(A language I guess you're referring to???)
With not being able to fluidly speak Spanish or Punjabi, I don't have much use for the CB anymore. Steering wheel holder is a derisive term used amongst my peers. Very much like using the term "Good Buddy", Good Buddy.

We have a large amount of Sikh drivers on the I-5 corridor. They come from the Punjab region of India and Pakistan. Punjabi is their native language.

Richard Cranium said:
It is apparent that your advanced driving skills are on a par with your knowledge of what goes on during the night in winter on Donner.
The driving skills I referenced are all about fuel conservation. It's called progressive shifting, up to speed faster with less fuel consumption. But then again, it is an advanced skill that possibly some day you could learn.

I don't think there is a group of drivers out there that use progressive shifting more than local P&D. I don't think too many of us are jamming through every gear while bobtailing through town or pulling an empty. You must do all your progressive shifting on the 3 block trip from the Sacramento yard to the freeway. Or maybe on one of those 4300 foot summits on I-5.
Progressive shifting over Donner. I don't think so.

I don't think there is a group of drivers out there that use progressive shifting more than local P&D. I don't think too many of us are jamming through every gear while bobtailing through town or pulling an empty. You must do all your progressive shifting on the 3 block trip from the Sacramento yard to the freeway. Or maybe on one of those 4300 foot summits on I-5.
Progressive shifting over Donner. I don't think so.

OMG! Cody, you poor, misguided, clueless son of a....for the first time in my life, I'm speechless. RC, step in here and tell this lost soul the error of his ways. I would cry my eyes out for you Cody, except I realize it would be of no use. The very reason the company is buying automatic transmissions is because the city drivers over-rev the engine all day long. Obviously, you're a driver trainer!!!! <<<read clueless idiot who tells other clueless idiots how to be even more clueless!!!

RC, NUKE this guy...I stand back and await your reply....

ST

silent trucker said:
OMG! Cody, you poor, misguided, clueless son of a....for the first time in my life, I'm speechless. RC, step in here and tell this lost soul the error of his ways. I would cry my eyes out for you Cody, except I realize it would be of no use. The very reason the company is buying automatic transmissions is because the city drivers over-rev the engine all day long. Obviously, you're a driver trainer!!!! <<<read clueless idiot who tells other clueless idiots how to be even more clueless!!!

RC, NUKE this guy...I stand back and await your reply....

ST

You, idiot, don't know the difference between progressive shifting and short shifting. Auto shifters short shift not progressive shift. That's how they save fuel. Talk about clueless. Maybe RC can explain that to you. The SOB comment not really helpful.

Last time I checked it was a road driver every time an engine has been blown up coming down Donner from over revving.

Last time I checked it was a road driver every time an engine has been blown up coming down Donner from over revving.

Last time I checked the writing on the interior wall of my colon.....

There, I fixed it for you.
Only engines I know of that were over revved were not drivers classified as road drivers. The most recent member of the 2900 club was a very recent graduate of our driving program. His job classification is dock/driver which I don't think places him in the road driver classification as he is neither a road bid driver or extra board driver.

Last time I checked the writing on the interior wall of my colon.....

There, I fixed it for you.
Only engines I know of that were over revved were not drivers classified as road drivers. The most recent member of the 2900 club was a very recent graduate of our driving program. His job classification is dock/driver which I don't think places him in the road driver classification as he is neither a road bid driver or extra board driver.

ST,
Sometimes I feel bad about engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, this is one of those times. It's not his fault they dropped him on his head so many times. I'll save my nuclear material for someone that might have a clue they've been nuked.

Last edited by a moderator: