FedEx Freight | gallop polls

Managers got the results back two weeks ago.. In the past, they will spend a couple of weeks discussing around the company and regions.. Then actions plans are set for centers.. after this, preshifts will take place with employees and set action plans for specific shifts and departments, also discuss overall scores and areas that centers and management need to improve.

You should see and hear something in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks a lot gtrdone, its nice to have someone keeping us informed!!!:1036316054:

If we could post anonymously here, I could post a real good reply to this thread, but just like the poll itself, nothing is anonymous. I love my job, I love my job, I love my job.

snake thats not true the company has nothing to do with this place its our oasis palm trees no trucks sand beach what more can you ask for

i hear a lot of talk on these post bashing management, how people dont make enough money, how benefits are no good....let me ask, what is the average pay per week for a road driver, dock worker, office worker?? if you didnt have insurance with this company how much would it cost you? how much time do you get for vacation or personal days. and how does this compare to other companies?

and how does this compare to other companies?
Last time I really talked comparisons with a Conway driver, they were higher in pay, they paid less for medical, and had more personal/sick days. Down side was they were losing pension and going straight 401K.

Not positive, I think Overnite/UPS Freight has a better total pay package than we have.

It's the same thing every year. Can't believe managment actually thinks we fall for it.

Throughout the year we hear how good we are. "We're the best"."We're the greatest". "We're the biggest".

Month before pay raise time, we get the "total package" speeches. "Our beni's are a large part of our pay package". "Our pay and beni's are comaparable to competition". "We should be very happy".

Then when the big day comes. They make the big announcement. The dust settles. Everybody in the room just sits with blank stares on their face's. We're still behind the rest of the pack.

Might not be the same at your barn. But pretty much explains our's. Year,after year, after year...........

Engaged customers, the only thing our customers want is the best price they can get.

These polls hammer out the same core questions every year. Some of the questions can be broadly interpreted, I see very little guidance coming from Gallup on how these questions should be interpreted. It seems like they ask the same questions year in and year out hoping everyone will get fed up with them and give out high marks. We can listen to everyone say how reputable a company is but when you look back over the past 5-7 years of reputable companies, ie:Enron, World Com, who can you really trust.

Springsteen once said: blind faith in your government can get you killed. Well blind faith in corporate america could get you to the poor house.

Gallup may be impartial, but they were not ordered to do this survey from an outside source. They are doing the survey at FedEx's request. The number one rule when dealing with customers is: THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT:butt kiss:

''Busy work ?''

I truly think that the whole thing means very little to anyone , it's just something for people to do.

At my last job, the company gave us the polls and told us it was optional to call it in. It's annonymous, but how is that the case when if you didn't call it in, they new about it and called you to the office to ask you why you had not called yet and asked you to sit down and call. If you refused they bugged you. I made the call, pressed one for every question. Doesn't matter how bad it comes, nothing ever changes. Just a fact of life in corprate America. The rich get richer while we poor folks get poorer!

Oooooo.......
We have a meeting on Tuesday about this.
I don't think it went good in our barn.

We had this in our preshift today. I think all of the results for our center was under the company average. I guess we are going to vote on 2 topics chosen by what is most important to the drivers.(city) The we will have 2 captains for all of the drivers to go to and give their thoughts about the topic. Then the captains report to management. Every 2 weeks we will move on to another to issues. It's a start, but usually nothing is ever followed through so time will tell

Smokestack is talking to you Lord.

We had this in our preshift today. I think all of the results for our center was under the company average. I guess we are going to vote on 2 topics chosen by what is most important to the drivers.(city) The we will have 2 captains for all of the drivers to go to and give their thoughts about the topic. Then the captains report to management. Every 2 weeks we will move on to another to issues. It's a start, but usually nothing is ever followed through so time will tell

Good Lord please help me get through this . :BS:

The less you do,,, the more you make,,,, The more you do,,, the less you make......
I keep forgetting that you have to go to college to learn the trucking business. I didn't know they teach you at college how to drive a truck, a forklift, and how to load trailers. Maybe if I find that college I can get paid to play golf all day! lol !!!!!!!!:hysterical:

What kind of results are you guys seeing ?
Ohhhh man ours is not good , not good at all !

we were supossed to get our results monday and have meetings and set up teams and a whole bunch of other stuff but so far we had nothing done.i think we probably had very poor results my center is extremely screwed up and its going to take a lot of time to fix it.
i think fedex needs to realize that red shirts not only need to be good at what they do they also need to be good with people.we have a red shirt at our center saying thing like don't put anything on the dock put it right in the trailer thats why the city drivers have pallet jacks.he can also be quoted as saying if they don't like the way their trailer is loaded they can go work somewhere else.
RESPECT goes a very long way when you start talking down to your drivers and treating them without RESPECT the whole company will suffer.at my center i think we do between 600 and 400 out bound bills a night if you start pissing off all your city drivers their performance will suffer causing late depatures that will screw up hubs that will screw up other centers operations and one bad monday outbound will screw up a whole week for our region because the problems will just continue to snowball all because one red shirt has no RESPECT for his drivers and thinks of them as turds floating in the bowl.
one more thing if road and city drivers don't perform red shirt bonuses don't perform.:nutkick:

we were supossed to get our results monday and have meetings and set up teams and a whole bunch of other stuff but so far we had nothing done.i think we probably had very poor results my center is extremely screwed up and its going to take a lot of time to fix it.
i think fedex needs to realize that red shirts not only need to be good at what they do they also need to be good with people.we have a red shirt at our center saying thing like don't put anything on the dock put it right in the trailer thats why the city drivers have pallet jacks.he can also be quoted as saying if they don't like the way their trailer is loaded they can go work somewhere else.
RESPECT goes a very long way when you start talking down to your drivers and treating them without RESPECT the whole company will suffer.at my center i think we do between 600 and 400 out bound bills a night if you start pissing off all your city drivers their performance will suffer causing late depatures that will screw up hubs that will screw up other centers operations and one bad monday outbound will screw up a whole week for our region because the problems will just continue to snowball all because one red shirt has no RESPECT for his drivers and thinks of them as turds floating in the bowl.
one more thing if road and city drivers don't perform red shirt bonuses don't perform.:nutkick:

Good points..

But, Salary bonuses are not based off of hourly performance.. Hourly bonuses are based off of hourly performance.

Salary bonuses are based off of Company and individual goals.. O/R, growth, shipment count.. etc. etc.

I understand where you are coming from though..

Got a couple openings at my barn for city.. 14W you know where I am.. come on down.. I need a fishing buddy! :1036316054: