XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

We haven't even gotten to October 2016 when they can "officially not have to guarantee wages and benefits anymore."
(Even though the 401k has been changed already.) We'll see what happens then.

They have already seen what a scared driver will do ( jump ship ) their not going to touch our wages or benefits unless they want the LTL portion to go completely under we're already pretty short on drivers , just wait and see it'll get better Jacobs likes his social persona too much and doesn't wanna look like a douche so it'll gain steam and when it does you'll be wishing it hadn't we'll probably be bitching about not being able to get time off .

We haven't even gotten to October 2016 when they can "officially not have to guarantee wages and benefits anymore."

They have already seen what a scared driver will do ( jump ship ) their not going to touch our wages or benefits unless they want the LTL portion to go completely under we're already pretty short on drivers , just wait and see it'll get better Jacobs likes his social persona too much and doesn't wanna look like a douche so it'll gain steam and when it does you'll be wishing it hadn't we'll probably be bitching about not being able to get time off .
I am starting to doubt. Things are not going well at my place. Too many drivers idle. Too much stupid, too much bs, not enough freight.

Except that they hate him in Europe right now. Cut jobs and closed terminals while piling on more work.

But you are right. We got a raise. So he holds us in some value, for now.

And I am shocked how so many of the young guys are hanging around. When they all figure this out and bail, we will be quite swamped. Already several formerly senior drivers that have slid back into positions of labor, and they ain't liking it at all. " I've been here to long to be doing this ! "

One thing done wrong was firing too many people in sales. The fired people got other jobs and took some of the national accounts with them.

Agreed. I also don't like what happened to the 401K. Hopefully it all evens out. If not, the freight will go somewhere and we will all be wearing a different color shirt in a different color truck.

Which he said was because Con-way was hauling stupid freight. If it don't make money it has to go.
I hear what your saying. I was
I dont work for you guys,but I dont think you are alone as far as work goes.For the beginning of summer,it seems slow everywhere.
I appreciate you saying that. It makes me feel better knowing that. I have never in my 13 years with this outfit seen it this slow going into summer. In years past we would be running like gamg busters and hiring like crazy. We used to have "rich" peoples problems. Oh the good old days and I am not even that old.

I was saying that I hear what your saying about getting rid of freight that doesn't pay but I thought that as capacity was freed up, XPO would use that capacity. It has been 7 months since the buyout and I guess patience is called for. I thought things would happen faster. What do I know, I drive a truck for a living and should leave running a multi billion dollar corperation to Brad and Tony.

I was saying that I hear what your saying about getting rid of freight that doesn't pay but I thought that as capacity was freed up, XPO would use that capacity. It has been 7 months since the buyout and I guess patience is called for. I thought things would happen faster. What do I know, I drive a truck for a living and should leave running a multi billion dollar corperation to Brad and Tony.

Pruning freight and balancing the vans means that the system can be moving more freight AND us LTL guys would still be working less. They anticipate organic growth. And eventually a foreay into economy service. Hard to say if this is all good or bad for us. But we will find out soon enough.

I'm seeing toBrotherhood" on display with each of your posts. You obviously don't care about the "brothers" in the Central States Pension fund.
I can just see the nons rushing toward their gates.........going to join the "brotherhood".
:nono h4h:
Actually for the defense of the IBT.Newly formed unionized workers arent being placed in the CSPF.They are being placed in the Western States Pension fund which by the way isnt doing too shabby.Just that darn CSPF is supposedly hurting