XPO | Group of XPO workers, labor officials to gather in protest of company practices

I have never liked the no ot rule in the south. Never understood why.
It is not a rule. Back in the day when before the Con-way was one whole company every region had it's own policies, pay scales, and vacation scales. At one time there were 25 different pay scales now what I hear they are down to 5. The OT pay was and is still different. I heard of them all after 8, 40, 50, and none. That has been the one thing the former Con-way Exc's did not fix. When XPO bought us they left those policies in place for right now. I have a feeling they are going to change some will like it and others wont.
I do read a lot about how OD is the golden child in LTL freight and everyone want to be like them, but from what I hear they only get OT after 60hrs

You use yrc company's as a example, what about ups package/ freight? Or abf for that matter we are now back to where we were 4 years ago as of 7/1/16 Yes the vacation is pathetic & I don't see it staying that way because they cant attract any talent. As for getting 3 weeks vacation after the first year of employment I'm having a hard time believing that....
You really can't us UPS in this, UPS freight has it's own separate contract and has NO ties to the MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT as far as I know.

The 3 week vacation is a fact after 90 days you get 2.308hrs for evey week for your first 8 yrs. 3.077 for 8 to 15yrs. 3.847 15 to 20 yrs. 4.616 for 20 to 25 yrs. and 5.385 for 25 and up.
At the end of your first 15 months of employment you will receive 120.016hrs of PTO time. The time is not use or lose it keeps accumulating and only stops when you reach the max PTO hrs which at 0 to 8yrs is 240hrs. WOW that's 30 days and that number can be meet only after 27 month of employment. To me it looks like the union is still in the stone age on this one.

That wreaks of selfishness on the part of the veterans at ABF. That should have NEVER been allowed to pass.
That's the way it works. I have worked in union shops that had different benefits for different years. I thought the union was to make everyone equal and no one was to receive special treatment for the company.

So all you have is CSPF as ammo? I would ask myself if i was you how about my health insurance or dont you care about outstanding medical insurance for you and your family at no cost or little cost to you.Not to mention rights in your work place is that not important to you.
:1036316054:
Well hell no we cant use any of that:6799:

It is not a rule. Back in the day when before the Con-way was one whole company every region had it's own policies, pay scales, and vacation scales. At one time there were 25 different pay scales now what I hear they are down to 5. The OT pay was and is still different. I heard of them all after 8, 40, 50, and none. That has been the one thing the former Con-way Exc's did not fix. When XPO bought us they left those policies in place for right now. I have a feeling they are going to change some will like it and others wont.
I do read a lot about how OD is the golden child in LTL freight and everyone want to be like them, but from what I hear they only get OT after 60hrs
Its comming, they take what they want and they will take it like they have everything else they wanted and everyone knows the things they have taken in the past pensions, 401s,etc.

So all you have is CSPF as ammo?
No pension will ever be doled out to most of us, so the pension argument between the nons and the union guys neutralizes itself. Both get nothing.(or very little)

I would ask myself if i was you how about my health insurance or dont you care about outstanding medical insurance for you and your family at no cost or little cost to you.
Nobody argues the fact that the Union guys have the best insurance, hands down. No debating that. But the fact still remains that the -15% pay cut costs a union line haul guy that should have made 100k for the year, down to 85K. And that 15K dollar loss easily pays for a non union guy's insurance. The typical weekly premium for a non-union family insurance plan is usually UNDER $60 per week. So.......$60 per week, times 52 weeks, equals$3,120.00 for the year. And the 15% pay cut cost the union guys $15,000.00 for the year. So who is better off?

Not to mention rights in your work place is that not important to you.
The myth that the non-union guys walk in each day with their tail tucked between their legs waiting for their next beating is horseshit. Not to mention, I read on the union forums where they get their "rights" trampled on a daily basis.

:coffee1:

You really can't us UPS in this, UPS freight has it's own separate contract and has NO ties to the MASTER FREIGHT AGREEMENT as far as I know.

The 3 week vacation is a fact after 90 days you get 2.308hrs for evey week for your first 8 yrs. 3.077 for 8 to 15yrs. 3.847 15 to 20 yrs. 4.616 for 20 to 25 yrs. and 5.385 for 25 and up.
At the end of your first 15 months of employment you will receive 120.016hrs of PTO time. The time is not use or lose it keeps accumulating and only stops when you reach the max PTO hrs which at 0 to 8yrs is 240hrs. WOW that's 30 days and that number can be meet only after 27 month of employment. To me it looks like the union is still in the stone age on this one.
My pension is the same as ups package along with sick & personal days, days off differ due to the nature of their business. Your right about the union being in the stone age about the vacation deal....

No pension will ever be doled out to most of us, so the pension argument between the nons and the union guys neutralizes itself. Both get nothing.(or very little)

Nobody argues the fact that the Union guys have the best insurance, hands down. No debating that. But the fact still remains that the -15% pay cut costs a union line haul guy that should have made 100k for the year, down to 85K. And that 15K dollar loss easily pays for a non union guy's insurance. The typical weekly premium for a non-union family insurance plan is usually UNDER $60 per week. So.......$60 per week, times 52 weeks, equals$3,120.00 for the year. And the 15% pay cut cost the union guys $15,000.00 for the year. So who is better off?

The myth that the non-union guys walk in each day with their tail tucked between their legs waiting for their next beating is horseshit. Not to mention, I read on the union forums where they get their "rights" trampled on a daily basis.

:coffee1:
Are you retired from a union company?

Surely you don't expect an answer about something personal do ya?
No chance. Sorry.
It's already been proven multiple times that when someone posts anything personal on here, they will spend day after day defending themselves against ridiculous accusations.
Although I would like to answer.........not happening.

Surely you don't expect an answer about something personal do ya?
No chance. Sorry.
It's already been proven multiple times that when someone posts anything personal on here, they will spend day after day defending themselves against ridiculous accusations.
Although I would like to answer.........not happening.
Going on 22,000 posts who cares... many people know who I am & I could care less....If your reply to it back it up....

No axe to grind at all, but I do expose facts from both sides, union and non.
And quite frankly, I don't care who from either side I offend. If the truth hurts, I really don't care.
Attack the facts, not the poster.

:rulz:

What you post, are you union? What company did/ do you work for? Seems that you have a axe to grind with union company's
The truth is that I jump all over from forum to forum, and when people know what you do for a living or where you work, when they disagree with you, they bring out the personal stuff and tell you to go away, call you a troll, etc. etc. I learned that years ago.
I am a free ranging poster because not a single person on here knows what I do for a living.
But trust me......I have connections (friends) in low places.

No axe to grind at all, but I do expose facts from both sides, union and non.
And quite frankly, I don't care who from either side I offend. If the truth hurts, I really don't care.
Attack the facts, not the poster.

:rulz:
Not attacking anyone, just don't hide behind a screen....I work for ABF out of 184 Scranton/ Wilkes Barre Pa. city driver, and quite frankly I don't care if you know who I am.... I never mentioned my name

I didn't ask where you work, since it doesn't matter to most of us. I don't hide behind anything that I post, but I am smart enough to keep my private information private.
A lot of people give up too much personal information, then they can't/won't speak freely since they fear retaliation.
If you disagree with something that I've posted, prove otherwise.
I don't post b.s. when it comes to specific issues, I post facts, even though some people dislike hearing the facts.

I didn't ask where you work, since it doesn't matter to most of us. I don't hide behind anything that I post, but I am smart enough to keep my private information private.
A lot of people give up too much personal information, then they can't/won't speak freely since they fear retaliation.
If you disagree with something that I've posted, prove otherwise.
I don't post b.s. when it comes to specific issues, I post facts, even though some people dislike hearing the facts.
Kind of hard to carry out a conversation/debate with someone you know nothing about, and I will leave it at that. This is not my forum so I wont continue to clutter this board....

I agree. But you don't need to know anything personal about anyone, if you are debating their posts and not debating them on a personal level.
:1036316054:

:6781:

I can't wait to see what happens to that wonderful teamster health insurance after the Cadillac tax kicks in after next year. I hope for y'alls sake it stays the same but it would be hard to imagine any of the companies able to afford an extra 50% per policy.

I can't wait to see what happens to that wonderful teamster health insurance after the Cadillac tax kicks in after next year. I hope for y'alls sake it stays the same but it would be hard to imagine any of the companies able to afford an extra 50% per policy.
What makes you think it will be a 50% increase?