Central Transport | hand books

It also say's that we can only pallet jack up to 1250#. So when I move that 2000# pallet of water and hurt my back, they will probably say that I violated the rule and can not collect work comp.

i would be happy to only be held a week behind like vitran drivers. i thought we are the same company now? lol. guess not.

i would be happy to only be held a week behind like vitran drivers. i thought we are the same company now? lol. guess not.

New here, husband drives for Vitran (unfortunately). Since when are V drivers only held back a week's pay? He was hired AS a V driver and they held back TWO weeks. Does this company EVER do anything consistently? Wait...never mind. I already know the answer to that one.

Edited to add: he just told me that the office people at his terminal are only held back one week of pay. **sigh**

Last edited by a moderator:
New here, husband drives for Vitran (unfortunately). Since when are V drivers only held back a week's pay? He was hired AS a V driver and they held back TWO weeks. Does this company EVER do anything consistently? Wait...never mind. I already know the answer to that one.

Edited to add: he just told me that the office people at his terminal are only held back one week of pay. **sigh**
before vitran bought pjax, all the vitran drivers were one week behind while pjax drivers were two weeks. when vitran merged pjax into their company, they never changed the pay withholding differences. i do believe all drivers are held two weeks, except the "original" vitran drivers.

before vitran bought pjax, all the vitran drivers were one week behind while pjax drivers were two weeks. when vitran merged pjax into their company, they never changed the pay withholding differences. i do believe all drivers are held two weeks, except the "original" vitran drivers.

That explains why his pay is two weeks out, but why not the office people, some of whom were hired after him? This company has seriously got to get it together.

vitran terminals are on different pay scales, some places get o.t. after 45 hrs, some after 40 and some not at all. i do believe the canadian are union. this place is a mess, period. i don't even want to get into the 400 or so employess who got the pay adjustment last year.

vitran terminals are on different pay scales, some places get o.t. after 45 hrs, some after 40 and some not at all. i do believe the canadian are union. this place is a mess, period. i don't even want to get into the 400 or so employess who got the pay adjustment last year.

You mean the pay CUT, right? I'm honestly shocked that my husband's pay was increased - and even then, not by much.

Canadians are not union. 80% of Canada is owner operators anyway, they are not a true asset based LTL carrier in Canada.

last friday was pay for week of christmas here in wisconsin

Canadians are not union. 80% of Canada is owner operators anyway, they are not a true asset based LTL carrier in Canada.

in same town we have usf, dayton, and od that all pay overtime, conway is the only one with straight time (but get more per hour, basically they come out ahead until about 55 hours compared to what our overtime pays us, after that we make more per check)

farming and trucking are exempt from overtime here, but, vitran has to follow others or no one would do more than 45 hours here, no incentive at 18 an hour to work 60 hour weeks

Have not seen or heard of these handbooks as of yet in the central region. I really want to see what info they contain.

I heard the handbooks (stapled pages) contain threatening termination language to further escalate negative feelings toward human emotions. Never heard 1 positve sentence ever in 5 years. Fact not fiction, just threats and false promises.

Have not seen or heard of these handbooks as of yet in the central region. I really want to see what info they contain.

got mine, 88 pages, on the last page you need to sign and turn back in to show proof of receipt (so they can later say "we told you so")

I heard the handbooks (stapled pages) contain threatening termination language to further escalate negative feelings toward human emotions. Never heard 1 positve sentence ever in 5 years. Fact not fiction, just threats and false promises.

i will digest this weekend and let you know,,,, of course someone may say the statement about "at will" is a threat when actually it is just a statement according to employment law

i will digest this weekend and let you know,,,, of course someone may say the statement about "at will" is a threat when actually it is just a statement according to employment law
I just wonder how many tree's they had to cut down to get all the paper they wasted.

not a waste, although i do wish they just emailed it to me, i could store on my laptop and smart phone. BUT, in my state no handbook can be enforced unless you get the rules IN WRITING and SIGN for it, your state may be different. back when i was a rookie TM tried to suspend me for working over 57.5 hours (62 or 63 i think) I told him law says since we are a 7 day a week carrier the state says i can work 70/8 just like linehaul, he informed me of company limit, i said OK, now i know but was never told and never got a manual saying hours were less than the legal limit.

i owe i owe (very little) but it is off to work i go,,,,,,,,,,,,later

Come on down south and work for the flying 'V'! No overtime! Just lots of time. But dont you dare get near that 57 hour limit! If you do, the S.C. mgr starts sweating profusely!!! I'm sorry., N.W. I aint trying to agitate. just got off and am inhaling the first few of my 30 pack! I am really glad the weekend is here and the rain finally quit! That is the reason I stay around here. Paid by the hour,. off on weekends, and sleep in my OWN bed every night (unless she puts me on the couch)!!! Did I spell profusely correctly??? Did I spell correctly correctly?? I must be slipping..., I will be asleep in a few hours, when I wear out my welcome with the ole Lady... GOODNIGHT CRUEL WORLD!
in same town we have usf, dayton, and od that all pay overtime, conway is the only one with straight time (but get more per hour, basically they come out ahead until about 55 hours compared to what our overtime pays us, after that we make more per check)

farming and trucking are exempt from overtime here, but, vitran has to follow others or no one would do more than 45 hours here, no incentive at 18 an hour to work 60 hour weeks

Come on down south and work for the flying 'V'! No overtime! Just lots of time. But dont you dare get near that 57 hour limit! If you do, the S.C. mgr starts sweating profusely!!! I'm sorry., N.W. I aint trying to agitate. just got off and am inhaling the first few of my 30 pack! I am really glad the weekend is here and the rain finally quit! That is the reason I stay around here. Paid by the hour,. off on weekends, and sleep in my OWN bed every night (unless she puts me on the couch)!!! Did I spell profusely correctly??? Did I spell correctly correctly?? I must be slipping..., I will be asleep in a few hours, when I wear out my welcome with the ole Lady... GOODNIGHT CRUEL WORLD!
you might be on the couch if you go through that entire 30 pack tonight. lmao.

you might be on the couch if you go through that entire 30 pack tonight. lmao.

Gents, two awsome posts for certain.So downin a 30 pack. They don't sell nothing in the 3 0 size cept the cheap stuff. So you are drinkin either Natty Light, Keystone/Keystone Light( stones) PBR/PBR Light, Milwaukee's Best(aka the Beast), Old Milkwaukee, Hamm's, Old Style ( which I love). Suppose I missed a few.