Holland | Hoffa's Teamsters 1959

Never once said its family -- I know full well it's a business.

It's not perfect either -- but unions are a thing of the past. Welcome to the gig economy.

Companies can't afford to float a bunch of fat slugs and carry their weight just because they have tenure in the company. Skills and results are the future.

Wouldn't be surprised to see you applying to work on an OD dock in 15 years when your Union retirement runs out.

I'm going to venture a guess that it will be sooner than 15 years. Unfortunate yes, but more likely than not.

If you are talking about CSPF you are probably correct , however there are many many more that are and will be fine. your 401k is one stock market crash away from being just like CSPF

Which fund is the biggest? CSPF. If I worked at a union shop that's where my pension would be. And by the time I'm eligible for retirement in another 30 years or so that fund will be long gone. That's another thing, you can't pick which fund you're in, unless you relocate.

There's a difference between being fired and economically terminated. The first post you quoted me on was on being fired for cause. The second is about the layoff issue. I don't agree with how OD handles layoffs. They should step up and pay the unemployment and call back in seniority order. But don't twist my words. If you get fired here you earned it. If you get economically terminated you didn't. But are they going to listen to me? Nope.
Sure I'm listening to you that's why I quoted your posts. I waited over a week but you didn't respond to my safety net questions. I figured you were avoiding my post and just let it go. But after I saw the layoff posts on the OD forum I though your comments were appropriate for this thread.

Yes there is a difference between being terminated for cause and being economically terminated. But that wasn't the safety net questions I asked you. To get fired for hitting a bridge or stealing is one thing. But I questioned your so called safety net at OD over layoffs v/s RIFs and being at will employees without a union contract who can be terminated at any time without cause..............

Heck everyone has to work and I have nothing against OD employees. It's there policies that I dislike. The fact that they terminate rather than layoff and you have to reapply and start over is a lousy policy. The fact that they don't pay overtime is a lousy policy. The fact that your line haul delay pay is below industry standards and short changes your road men. If you guys are okay with it then that's your business. But as a "dinosaur" 69 year old retired Teamster it goes against everything I knew during my 41 years of working in the LTL freight business................As for my applying for dock work at OD that's unlikely. My back couldn't handle the work anymore.

Sure I'm listening to you that's why I quoted your posts. I waited over a week but you didn't respond to my safety net questions. I figured you were avoiding my post and just let it go. But after I saw the layoff posts on the OD forum I though your comments were appropriate for this thread.

Yes there is a difference between being terminated for cause and being economically terminated. But that wasn't the safety net questions I asked you. To get fired for hitting a bridge or stealing is one thing. But I questioned your so called safety net at OD over layoffs v/s RIFs and being at will employees without a union contract who can be terminated at any time without cause..............

Heck everyone has to work and I have nothing against OD employees. It's there policies that I dislike. The fact that they terminate rather than layoff and you have to reapply and start over is a lousy policy. The fact that they don't pay overtime is a lousy policy. The fact that your line haul delay pay is below industry standards and short changes your road men. If you guys are okay with it then that's your business. But as a "dinosaur" 69 year old retired Teamster it goes against everything I knew during my 41 years of working in the LTL freight business................As for my applying for dock work at OD that's unlikely. My back couldn't handle the work anymore.

I wasn't avoiding replying to your post, I must have missed it originally. So I do apologize for that.

I agree 100%, the policy of terminating someone and making them reapply is a lousy policy. I don't agree with it. Nor do I agree with their nonpayment of overtime. I have been very vocal about my opinion on overtime to the city men. As a road man, the delay pay issue isn't a big deal to me, I don't get delayed regularly for long while on the road so I don't worry about it. They raised it from 7.50/hr to 10 this year, which although still not much in the grand scheme, is still a 33% increase. When I already make over 85,000 a year to drive a truck, the overall compensation is more than adequate for the effort I put in to get it. I do also have an issue with the way all ltl companies devalue your time while waiting at home and make a mockery of safety in regards to their extraboard drivers. But, with all this being said, I am one person. They aren't going to listen to me. The union will never be a reality at OD, even if there is ever a drive for it. The company will find a way around it. It's the current business climate we live in. The union's day of dominance is long gone, and the union's leadership is really the only place to lay blame for that.

How did this thread become a thread about you? Nobody mentioned you, or the scab outfit you run for.

Make sure you hit the report button, you'll be a hero again.

I was asking an honest question so I guess I'll add illiteracy to the list of your less redeeming skills. I see you're still butthurt about getting banned for saying something inappropriate...

I was asking an honest question so I guess I'll add illiteracy to the list of your less redeeming skills. I see you're still butthurt about getting banned for saying something inappropriate...

LMFAO, whatever you say scab.
If you think for 1 second I give a flying fck about getting banned, you are only massaging your scab ego. Save your BS for the OD scabs you work with on the OD forum.

Now hit the report button scab/rat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Why even debate with a scab? Let them and Song peddle their BS on the OD forum.

Why even debate with a scab? Let them and Song peddle their BS on the OD forum.
20-30 years ago I probably would have agreed with you. But now a days, at least in the trucking industry, a job is just a job. These guys have to work somewhere. The NMFA is dead thanks to Hoffa and Hall. There isn't hardly enough jobs for everyone at UPSF, YRC and ABF. And many have had their own bad experiences with the union working at former jobs. Take for instance the YRC drivers who were screwed over by that 404(????) rule.

You appear to be bitter and have issues with some on the OD forum. I only posted 1 on topic question on the OD forum. I was attacked by the gestapo and chased off that forum never to return. But I'm not bitter towards the OD drivers. I welcome debating them when I feel they are wrong. But it would have to be on a union friendly forum where all opinions are welcome. Not over there where it's ruled with a union hating iron fist.

20-30 years ago I probably would have agreed with you. But now a days, at least in the trucking industry, a job is just a job. These guys have to work somewhere.
I agree 100%. Some people think that if you don't belong to a union, you are a pos. People have families to feed, and there aren't enough union jobs to go around. I wish that everyone could have an opportunity for a union job, but I also wish that the union wouldn't have allowed themselves to become the lowest paid drivers in the industry.
How will that help organize new companies?

The NMFA is dead thanks to Hoffa and Hall.
Yep. And those who voted yes to concessions........multiple times.
:hide:

LMFAO, whatever you say scab.
If you think for 1 second I give a flying fck about getting banned, you are only massaging your scab ego. Save your BS for the OD scabs you work with on the OD forum.

Now hit the report button scab/rat.

Right you don't care because you bring it up every time you try to personally attack me. And since I've never once crossed a picket line I would also add unintelligent to your list of shortcomings... It's getting kinda long, not sayin'... You have a good day there driver...

Right you don't care because you bring it up every time you try to personally attack me. And since I've never once crossed a picket line I would also add unintelligent to your list of shortcomings... It's getting kinda long, not sayin'... You have a good day there driver...

Right, you're just a poor victim. Its all about you isn't it. You have a good day too, over there at scab village.

Save your BS for your fellow booger eating morons on the OD forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't avoiding replying to your post, I must have missed it originally. So I do apologize for that.

I agree 100%, the policy of terminating someone and making them reapply is a lousy policy. I don't agree with it. Nor do I agree with their nonpayment of overtime. I have been very vocal about my opinion on overtime to the city men. As a road man, the delay pay issue isn't a big deal to me, I don't get delayed regularly for long while on the road so I don't worry about it. They raised it from 7.50/hr to 10 this year, which although still not much in the grand scheme, is still a 33% increase. When I already make over 85,000 a year to drive a truck, the overall compensation is more than adequate for the effort I put in to get it. I do also have an issue with the way all ltl companies devalue your time while waiting at home and make a mockery of safety in regards to their extraboard drivers. But, with all this being said, I am one person. They aren't going to listen to me. The union will never be a reality at OD, even if there is ever a drive for it. The company will find a way around it. It's the current business climate we live in. The union's day of dominance is long gone, and the union's leadership is really the only place to lay blame for that.

Post this on the OD forum.

Right, you're just a poor victim. Its all about you isn't it. You have a good day too, over there at scab village.

Save your BS for your fellow booger eating morons on the OD forum.

You're a sad angry little man aren't you? I'm really sorry you feel that way. When you actually have something of substance to add please let me know. Otherwise I would recommend you keeping all your simple thoughts to yourself, wouldn't want to overtax your poor mind.

You're a sad angry little man aren't you? I'm really sorry you feel that way. When you actually have something of substance to add please let me know. Otherwise I would recommend you keeping all your simple thoughts to yourself, wouldn't want to overtax your poor mind.
LMFAO, good one Skippy.