TForce | Hold Out!

Buster you are right, and let me explain. In my posts I say " if " and I am hoping it is if.

If you have seen the rough draft of the contract that skeeter had sent out some time ago which was in referrance to the INDY contract, the INS. is shyte.

No ,we have not seen the actual plan ( or what was negotiated rather) but in comparison to what we have now it is catastrophic at best.

85% coverage is one issue, with $2000.00 maximum out of pocket expense.

15 dollar copay's across the board.

And a per week out of pocket expense for the INS. $50.00 for single, per month, $100.00 Yourself and Spouse, per month ,$150.00 Yourself, Spouse, children, per month.

This is some of the rough draft, I have emailed some from INDY and have recieved no confirmation either way.

So this is fictitious until we see it in black and white, but this plan will differ per region, the monies given to the contract per region will stay the same, but the monies within the contract will be divied out in bennies and raises differently pending on what you negotiate within your region.

After the card's have been verified, we will have a meeting with the contract INDY has desighned, allowing us to negotiate further, pending on what best fit's our needs, pertaining too the region.

With this being said, I hope the INS. is better in the contract then the roughdraft. When we speak SUB-PAR it best describes the above statement.

I can deal with the monthly out of pocket expence. BUT the 85% coverage could destroy and break a family if there was major surgery involved. That is crazy and is not acceptable. This must be changed within the contract.

I think you are wrong on that one mud-flap. Use to be 30 and out with Overnite. Then it went to 25 and out. But I'm sure it's never been 20.

I don't recall it ever being 20 and out either. When I first started here I did not pay much attention to it but now as I get closer to that golden day im watching every move.

Isn't it funny how when we were younger we never gave much thought of being old enough to think about retirement....and now it's one of the main things we think about? Time flies....Happy New Year, by the way.

Isn't it funny how when we were younger we never gave much thought of being old enough to think about retirement....and now it's one of the main things we think about? Time flies....Happy New Year, by the way.

Yes, I kick my self in the but for not thinking about it when I first started trucking 30 years ago. Had I cared about it and had I realized how quick time flys, I would be retired right now with a full pension.

Heck yes wouldn't we all have been better off if we looked into our futures what it would be like after leaving the job market,BusterNite.

Who could of ever predicted that the cost of living would go up faster than the pay increases,we were getting per year?

Oh well everyone nows hindsight is totally worthless,where as fourthsight is priceless.

And what isn't funny is the fact that guys have been duped into excepting less than a guaranteed pension. And now they have reached retirement age, and now realize they can't afford to retire. I guess that 401k match didn't live up to those bloated graphs that they tried to sell as so much snake oil. Sad but true. Elvis out....

The one big problem with the 401-k plans is its all about how the stock market does.
Stocks can do well for a while,and then some earth shaking event takes place,when the market can also tank.

I know this is the best pension plan for all companies who offer them.
They just pay the match,and their done with it.
Whatever you do with it is your business.

And what isn't funny is the fact that guys have been duped into excepting less than a guaranteed pension. And now they have reached retirement age, and now realize they can't afford to retire. I guess that 401k match didn't live up to those bloated graphs that they tried to sell as so much snake oil. Sad but true. Elvis out....

no pension is guaranteed, your future retirement is up to you, that is why I like a 401k I can control it and if it fails which is unlikely.

Actually I made the decision when I was 18 to not work for a company unless they offered both.

I am more worried about an underfunded pension/ company going bankrupt than I am my 401k tankng.

Anyone who who is close to retiring should not have money in stocks, mutual funds maybe if the fund invests more in bonds.

When you get close to retiring your 401k should be invested in guaranteed returns like cd's.

I can deal with the monthly out of pocket expence. BUT the 85% coverage could destroy and break a family if there was major surgery involved. That is crazy and is not acceptable. This must be changed within the contract.

I agree , and this is my point, the saving grace is we can negotiate for our needs, within the contract, and I hope for the most part it works out in our favor.:smilie_132:

I have 25 years pension time and 27 years 401k. The problem, Because of my age I cannot withdraw from the 401 yet and with the pension rule I would take a big % penalty. I just got to hang in there a little longer.:smilie

I have 25 years pension time and 27 years 401k. The problem, Because of my age I cannot withdraw from the 401 yet and with the pension rule I would take a big % penalty. I just got to hang in there a little longer.:smilie

After working as many years as you have I think it is awful for someone to have to wait to get thier just desert's. Penalties for something you have worked to obtain is bogus. I wonder if capitol hill get's penalized for taking early retirement?

After working as many years as you have I think it is awful for someone to have to wait to get thier just desert's. Penalties for something you have worked to obtain is bogus. I wonder if capitol hill get's penalized for taking early retirement?

Yes, Its a bummer!!

You can not start withdrawl from 401k until age 59 1/2

Because of my young age (or old) the way the pension time is set up I have to put in 30 years or take the big penalty cut. 5 more years to go!!!

Social security, Forget about it. I will be long retired before I can start collecting that.

Then there is the big question. Will I be able to afford health care after retirement?

For now I will keep the dream going.:1036316054:

Yes, Its a bummer!!

You can not start withdrawl from 401k until age 59 1/2

Because of my young age (or old) the way the pension time is set up I have to put in 30 years or take the big penalty cut. 5 more years to go!!!

Social security, Forget about it. I will be long retired before I can start collecting that.

Then there is the big question. Will I be able to afford health care after retirement?

For now I will keep the dream going.:1036316054:

Yes Hillery will take care of that for you. :hysterical::hide:

:TR10driving03::showoff::shades::party-smiley-017:good morning skeeter i hope you had great new year & vac! on my way to the gym right now. I will be going into work today to see the new tm and talk to him i be going out on thurs. talk to you later. have a good run to day.