ABF | Hope for our pensions!

My Brothers you all need to take it easy on Mr. Songremains the same...he was rejected by those gargoyles guarding the gate at ABF and he needs our comfort and condolences, not our criticisms. He really holds no ill will towards us, he is just the rejected boyfriend and acts as he does due to those feelings of rejection.
:grouphug:

All I can say is that I believe and sincerely hope higher wages and benefits are going to remain a standard in trucking.
Higher benefits and wages than what? The other depressed job choices available to us today? Our wages have lost ground on the cost of living for quite some time. All for the betterment of those who already have more money than they will spend in their lifetimes. When compared to the cost of living our jobs are nothing compared to what they were 30 years ago.

I can see why he was rejected. Maybe he is a good worker but sure does not play well with others. He would be depressed to see how well we operate at abf. I wish him well at his current job. Hope he stays there. Is it just me or do almost all the trouble makers on this forum come from companies other than abf? Just Saying. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

But the carriers DID siash pay and benefits. Remember what all the non-Union carriers did when YRC first voted in their pay cuts in 2009. Every non-Union carrier cut their pay, whether they needed to or not. ABF had to wait until they terrorized enough guys into voting in a pay cut. The bottom line here is that there seems to be a colluded effort here between trucking management, Wall Street, and,......sadly,.......the IBT....."leadership "...to manipulate the wage market for the trucking industry . IF that is true, wages won't remain high for very long. Compared to other laboring occupations, we are underpaid for what we do,.,.....same as airline pilots, and we all see how their wages have fallen in the midst of their pilot shortage. Many drivers know this is happening, but they shrug their shoulders and turn away,........until it happens to them. That's usually when you see the half-hearted organizing efforts, but by then it's too late. There is a concerted plan out there to keep YOU and I away from each other, ....,because if WE would join together and DEMAND higher wages,......there would be nothing the corporate people could do.......But, it's almost too late......the effort to drive organized Labor out of the transportation industry is almost complete. They''ve convinced enough of us to stand by and watch it founder. When it does go, completely,......how long do you think it will be before the toilet bowl starts flushing and wages start dropping.......to be " competitive"?......... Too late to organize then......

Corporations and the Republican party have successfully duped white working class people to vote against their own interest with the Southern Strategy(Commies & Coloreds are your enemies), while they laugh all the way to the bank. The Southern Strategy essentially imposes a "House Slave" mentality upon its victim, where he's grateful to even have a job and will fight any effort to challenge his boss's(master's) authority. OD(Overtime Denied) is a prime example of this insanity....Overtime n Pension?!?*....Weez jus grateful to have us a job...yessum boss...sho nuff!!

My Brothers you all need to take it easy on Mr. Songremains the same...he was rejected by those gargoyles guarding the gate at ABF and he needs our comfort and condolences, not our criticisms. He really holds no ill will towards us, he is just the rejected boyfriend and acts as he does due to those feelings of rejection.

Really, from a staff member and a moderator?? That's a bunch of bullshit and you know it.

I can see why he was rejected. Maybe he is a good worker but sure does not play well with others. He would be depressed to see how well we operate at abf. I wish him well at his current job. Hope he stays there. Is it just me or do almost all the trouble makers on this forum come from companies other than abf? Just Saying. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

I recall a certain member I'm speaking with right now causing quite a :shit:storm he had to apologize for a week or two ago... Remember Muler, people in glass houses...

I recall a certain member I'm speaking with right now causing quite a :shit:storm he had to apologize for a week or two ago... Remember Muler, people in glass houses...
I was on the ABF forum they were not ABF Teamsters. I was speaking to the ABF people not them in that thread. Remember? You really aren't good enough to even be called a Troll.

You just seem to be a jealous hopeless wanna be. Just saying. You didn't pass the test for ABF and you are lashing out. But you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Now what do you really want over here?

Corporations and the Republican party have successfully duped white working class people to vote against their own interest with the Southern Strategy(Commies & Coloreds are your enemies), while they laugh all the way to the bank. The Southern Strategy essentially imposes a "House Slave" mentality upon its victim, where he's grateful to even have a job and will fight any effort to challenge his boss's(master's) authority. OD(Overtime Denied) is a prime example of this insanity....Overtime n Pension?!?*....Weez jus grateful to have us a job...yessum boss...sho nuff!!
Hmmmm, so you think the YRC guys who voted to accept the reductions were white working class people who voted against their own interest and were victims of the Republicans "Southern Strategy?" Interesting, thanks for explaining that to me.

Really, from a staff member and a moderator?? That's a bunch of :horseshit: and you know it.
No, I don't know it. Could you point out which part is bullshit? And I am sorry but I missed the part where moderators aren't allowed to see things for what they are and speak on it, could you point that part out for me too?

Did you apply at ABF?

Yes I did, back several years ago when I was miserable at Con-way and desperate to get out of there. I was not hired because there was only one position available and a YRC driver on layoff was chosen for the job. I never even got a chance to "pass the ABF test" as it were. But I hate to disappoint, I hold no animosity. I only come here for healthy debate. I don't know why I try, most here prefer to slander and insinuate rather than debate like gentlemen.

No, I don't know it. Could you point out which part is :horseshit:? And I am sorry but I missed the part where moderators aren't allowed to see things for what they are and speak on it, could you point that part out for me too?

The part that is bullshit is that you have chosen to stoop to petty insinuation and slander rather than to debate like a man. Clear enough?0

No surprise, favoritism runs alive and well. Some get banned while others skate.
See there you go. This is a ABF forum and if you font like what we say then don't come here. We are not here for your viewing pleasure but you seem to think we are. Funny we are substandard to you now but you sure wanted to come here then.

See you speak with fork tongue.

There is no favoritism shown yo me on this site just ask Guardrail. You have a debatable post I will join in. But so far your post are weak and boring. just Saying .

Brother Songrrmainsthesame; .What do you view as the future of Labor in trucking? I've postulated that there is more or less a conspiracy against working people in general, and truck drivers in particular, to manipulate their wages during a time when we should, as Milton Friedman says, be "reaping the rewards" of a tight Labor market......And, if you agree,....what would be the end result of a policy of wage manipulation? Will drivers rise up, revolt, and organize?........Or is it too late,..,.and the future will be everyone making their own private deal with management, at the cost of their dignity, manhood,.......and family life?

The part that is :horseshit: is that you have chosen to stoop to petty insinuation and slander rather than to debate like a man. Clear enough?0
Actually...NO! Which part is, "insinuation and slander"? I recall you saying that you applied at ABF but did not get hired, thus far you have not refuted that, which leads me to believe that my memory does not fail me on this one.

Brother Songrrmainsthesame; .What do you view as the future of Labor in trucking? I've postulated that there is more or less a conspiracy against working people in general, and truck drivers in particular, to manipulate their wages during a time when we should, as Milton Friedman says, be "reaping the rewards" of a tight Labor market......And, if you agree,....what would be the end result of a policy of wage manipulation? Will drivers rise up, revolt, and organize?........Or is it too late,..,.and the future will be everyone making their own private deal with management, at the cost of their dignity, manhood,.......and family life?
I agree with you Brother canaryinthemine with one exception..."and truck drivers in particular"...we are in the same boat as the rest of working Americans as you have stated..."against working people in general"...the rest of the jobs they were able to take out of the country, with our they want to take our country out of the workers...

I agree with you Brother canaryinthemine with one exception..."and truck drivers in particular"...we are in the same boat as the rest of working Americans as you have stated..."against working people in general"...the rest of the jobs they were able to take out of the country, with our they want to take our country out of the workers...
Or import another set of citizens from a (preferably) Third World nation to use and abuse......

I don't think there's a conspiracy against us as drivers. Wages for drivers on the whole have gone up year over year. I know I've made more every year than the year before, and it seems that I'm to a point in my career that I'm not living paycheck to paycheck anymore. I have enough to pay the bills and something left over as well.

I don't think wages are being manipulated either. Ours are going up. YRC and ABF took a concession. YRC probably out of necessity, despite those stupid bonuses being paid to their upper management. That was abhorrent, and the guys running the ship there should be making $1 a year until they can turn it around. That would be the way to show the rank and file they mean business about keeping the ship afloat. ABF on the other hand WAS manipulated, somewhat anyway. You can't argue that ABF wasn't making very much money if any before you took the 7% concession. The way they went about it, that was wrong. They duped over 50% of your fellow employees by subterfuge and misdirection with the YRC buyout threat. That's what I don't like about the union. If you can trick 51% to vote for it, everyone else who said no is stuck with it anyway. And with a defined pension benefit, you're kinda stuck where you are if you don't like it unless you can find another union trucking job that feeds into the same multi-employer plan. I know, I know, OD could change their whole compensation structure tomorrow and there's nothing I can do about it other than leave if I don't like it. But seriously, I really don't think they're going to do that. They're making money hand over fist and all of us drivers are doing so as well. If they came and took away benefits or pay right now they'd have a bunch of really pissed off drivers who would probably walk out. They can barely move the volume of freight we have right now. They would paralyze themselves if they swooped in and drastically changed things for the worse. And if they did there are other places to go work, and I can at least take the portion of my 401 I have contributed and roll it into another.

I suppose that the only thing that really worries me about the future of trucking is the infiltration of illegal aliens into our society, and the possibility that they would overtake the trucking industry. That would definitely drive wages down, because there are a lot of them here already and more coming every day. So far I am hopeful that this won't happen. The cross-border trucking deal that went down a couple of years ago seemed to go over like a fart in church and was quickly dispensed with. If it does happen... well then God have mercy on all of us.