TForce | HOT OFF THE FAX... 05/08/09 UPS Freight National Dessions

I don't follow what your saying, if your off duty in the bunk there not gonna pay you, your off duty, if you are gonna be paid then you have to log your time as onduty not driving, right? So it doesn't matter if your on the dock pushing a broom or sitting in your bunk if your getting paid it counts as onduty time.

I think Management is going to offer all teams when they roll through the gate a trip to the hotel or dockwork.

Being on a sleeper, one is on duty while the other picks up hours. I have never been on duty while my partner is on duty. It says BOTH drivers get paid while on delay. Maybe I am missing something here? Oh yeah, I'll take them up on the dock work offer. Just call the freight delayed because of mismanagement.

I don't follow what your saying, if your off duty in the bunk there not gonna pay you, your off duty, if you are gonna be paid then you have to log your time as onduty not driving, right? So it doesn't matter if your on the dock pushing a broom or sitting in your bunk if your getting paid it counts as onduty time.

I think Management is going to offer all teams when they roll through the gate a trip to the hotel or dockwork.
Past practice would say otherwise.

Prior to being union both drivers got paid while on delay.
Prior to being union both drivers got paid while on breakdown.
Prior to being union both drivers got paid for drops and hooks and or fueling. We always split ours so in essence we got paid for D/H's while in the Bunk.
Prior to being union both drivers got paid for chaining...if both performed the action.

All while taking hours logged in the sleeper berth.

..seems I remember we split miles and time...
We still split miles. We still split breakdown.

Come to think of it, according to Mr. Overnite's theory of logging the time we are paid for.....

We get paid for our miles (on a sleeper team) at $.3025 (full rate) for all miles the truck runs.:shift:

According to his logic we should both be on duty for the whole trip.
My paycheck doesn't show $.605 for half of the trip.:TR10driving03:

no, I am saying when your at a terminal, there going to offer you a trip to the motel or dockwork so your both off duty.

...Overnite are we talking home domicile or in the system somewhere ? Something basically like this was batted about in the beginning with meet drivers.Say terminal x run 000 driver is going to be x amount of time late..so terminal y run 000 was told to go all the way.....now when the our BA got involved he said motel pay was due from the time of the arrive and drop/hook/fuel was finished...so this practice quickly died on the vine...now if a team comes into a terminal and central wants them to move a specific load and its not ready......now for me I see this as a safety issue..ABSOLUTLY NO TEAM MEMBER HAS ANY BUSINESS WORKING A FREAKING DOCK ...PERIOD...the guy I road with was as trusthworhly as they come..but a sleeper is no place to put anymore stain than them dang things do by themselves..no but hell no thats nothing but a tragedy looking for a place to happen...matter of fact I`m of the opinion there should be a minimal dispatch....Sleepers are a animal unless you run one for a while you cant understand that life...:ranting2:

..for me its the quality of rest you get...those trucks suck in regards to a place to sleep,and recharge for your next work day..you eat and sleep in a rolling machine..honestly my friend there is no comparison...never have I ever been so relieved than the day that run was cut...hubs are no joke I agree,but those campers are miserable..

BA told me last night another letter of understanding was also signed>>>get this>>> parcel pack/feeder drivers are going to start picking up UPS Freight skids at places where there's parcel shipments already there,and I guess feeder drivers will deliverfreight to UPS Freight docks....

Said UPS Freight losing money hands over fists and it's because we're missing pickups, don't have room on the trailers and blah, blah, blah, (BS)

I'm feeling really bad about my union representation (or the lack there of) right now

Can somebody post this letter of understanding from the regionals out of Chicago I'd like to see this BS in writing

BA told me last night another letter of understanding was also signed>>>get this>>> parcel pack/feeder drivers are going to start picking up UPS Freight skids at places where there's parcel shipments already there,and I guess feeder drivers will deliverfreight to UPS Freight docks....

Said UPS Freight losing money hands over fists and it's because we're missing pickups, don't have room on the trailers and blah, blah, blah, (BS)

I'm feeling really bad about my union representation (or the lack there of) right now

Can somebody post this letter of understanding from the regionals out of Chicago I'd like to see this BS in writing

What BA which local . Asinine BS.:shit:shit

If there is any truth to this...

I wonder if Brown is going to follow suit with the BS they have put some through over here (in Freight)...

Is Brown going to pay these drivers a lower rate of pay - for performing work "outside" of Their classification? :biglaugh:

I'd like to know - where it is written... that this company can cut a scheduled Road Bid or for that matter a City Peddle...

IMO - this is the Grey Area!

It's not Our contract!

Our contract specifies that We run - if in the 90% tile (period)

We don't work by the day (like They do in the NMFA)...

We (90% tile) work by the Week - in accordance to Article 18 Section 2.

The schedule for full-time employees shall be posted by Friday of the preceding workweek.

This is where the company needs to plan ahead!

Not by the Day...

Or in the Moment!

The only adjustment that They can make during the week (with the 90% tile) is to move Your start time up – up to two (2) hours... not to cancel You at Their discretion.

The Company may alter the start time on a daily basis for more than two (2) hours provided the employee is notified prior to reporting to work.

If the company is going to cancel a guaranteed Road schedule or City Peddle - They need to post that information by Friday of the preceding work week!

See... this is the difficulty (for Them) and reasoning - why They are not doing it!

We are still guaranteed forty (40) hours per week.

So, if They do cancel a run (city peddle for instance - more so then the Road) They still need to be able to guarantee that run! (that run will have to change to - 4/10's for Them to fulfill Their obligation)

If there is No Freight going to the area for which a Bid Peddle need to be cut - that Driver doesn't get canceled... he or she becomes unassigned - covering volumes or extra loads... then should go into his or her area for pick-up's! (there is no way that there is not going to be at least one delivery or at least one pick-up in an affected area!)

In the case of the Road... the schedule runs Wild (can or should be run through another terminal or run MTY to a point where there is returning freight)...

This MOU leaves this understanding - wide open for unjustifiable abuse and or manipulation!

Compounded by the fact that Our union officials haven't settle this part of the language - with the company:

Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week.

We understand it!

I don't understand why everyone else (union officials and UPS Freight labor relation managers) doesn't!

Perhaps both parties are more interested in another year of T-Time and Negotiation Meetings (Yea… I said that – Prove Me Wrong!) - over something that needed Expeditious Resolution thirteen (13) months ago!

But extra board runs ARE NOT guaranteed runs, they work ONLY if the freight is there,and so you are not getting paid if you do not run!!

I'd like to know - where it is written... that this company can cut a scheduled Road Bid or for that matter a City Peddle...

IMO - this is the Grey Area!

It's not Our contract!

Our contract specifies that We run - if in the 90% tile (period)

We don't work by the day (like They do in the NMFA)...

We (90% tile) work by the Week - in accordance to Article 18 Section 2.

The schedule for full-time employees shall be posted by Friday of the preceding workweek.

This is where the company needs to plan ahead!

Not by the Day...

Or in the Moment!

The only adjustment that They can make during the week (with the 90% tile) is to move Your start time up – up to two (2) hours... not to cancel You at Their discretion.

The Company may alter the start time on a daily basis for more than two (2) hours provided the employee is notified prior to reporting to work.

If the company is going to cancel a guaranteed Road schedule or City Peddle - They need to post that information by Friday of the preceding work week!

See... this is the difficulty (for Them) and reasoning - why They are not doing it!

We are still guaranteed forty (40) hours per week.

So, if They do cancel a run (city peddle for instance - more so then the Road) They still need to be able to guarantee that run! (that run will have to change to - 4/10's for Them to fulfill Their obligation)

If there is No Freight going to the area for which a Bid Peddle need to be cut - that Driver doesn't get canceled... he or she becomes unassigned - covering volumes or extra loads... then should go into his or her area for pick-up's! (there is no way that there is not going to be at least one delivery or at least one pick-up in an affected area!)

In the case of the Road... the schedule runs Wild (can or should be run through another terminal or run MTY to a point where there is returning freight)...

This MOU leaves this understanding - wide open for unjustifiable abuse and or manipulation!

Compounded by the fact that Our union officials haven't settle this part of the language - with the company:

Ninety percent (90%) of the full-time employees holding bid jobs will be guaranteed a minimum of eight (8) hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guaranteed workweek shall be forty (40) hours per week.

We understand it!

I don't understand why everyone else (union officials and UPS Freight labor relation managers) doesn't!

Perhaps both parties are more interested in another year of T-Time and Negotiation Meetings (Yea… I said that – Prove Me Wrong!) - over something that needed Expeditious Resolution thirteen (13) months ago!

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU CAN BUMP ANY JUNIOR WORKER OFF THE CLOCK. That would be any 10%er and all cauals. If you are a 90%er. The bottom line is seniority prevails.

I am in full agreement with you, the NG sighned of on the bid prevails unfortunatly. Unless it is busy the company can work around seniority in this case, we have filed on it. We shall see what happens.