TForce | How busy are you!!!!

accelerator

TB Legend
Credits
Rumor has it we have several terminals in the system all backed up, some terminals ,from what I understand, are 20-30 strippers behind. Service is taking a beating.

So what is happening in your terminal? Are you under the gun? we are in the noreast. My typical 15 deliveries and 2 -3 pickup day has gone to 20 + deliveries a day ,4-7 pickups a day. Just like someone turned the faucet on, Is this the supposed flood gates?

Yup we have the same difficulty we are short on equipment.
How can we grow without enough power units to pull all the trailers we need?

They stopped rebranding everything,so they should have money to make some very needed equipment purchases.
Just think with such a large investment into our nations sluggish economy,maybe we would get more freight to haul.
Oh my word maybe I should zip my lips,we are busy enough now.

About 25 strippers in the yard right now and a sign up for weekend work Sat/Sun. Under staffed,using temp driver service and phones ringing off the hook. No TM and salesmen quitting:hide:

How busy are you was the question. How does hiring 8 more people and still working 12 to 13 hours a day sound? On top of that a list for saturday for 7 people. Not sure what is going on, the more poeple we get, the later we have to work. Maybe that is because we have to spend 2 hours to get a trailer and/or a truck to leave the yard.

It is crazy busy, most other companies do not seem to have the volume of work we do. I know Con-Way Dallas is as busy, but nobody else I have talked to seems to be working near as much. Hell SAIA still is working a 4 day week. Man that must be sweet :D .

Rumor has it we have several terminals in the system all backed up, some terminals ,from what I understand, are 20-30 strippers behind. Service is taking a beating.

So what is happening in your terminal? Are you under the gun? we are in the noreast. My typical 15 deliveries and 2 -3 pickup day has gone to 20 + deliveries a day ,4-7 pickups a day. Just like someone turned the faucet on, Is this the supposed flood gates?

I heard NBR had about 60 pups they couldn't move wed night due to not enough manpower and not enough equipment.

In HRS we have been getting called pretty close to our rest and I'm pretty sure they have been exhausting the board.

I hope this is the supposed flood gates and it keeps up.:funky:

Yup we have the same difficulty we are short on equipment.
How can we grow without enough power units to pull all the trailers we need?

They stopped rebranding everything,so they should have money to make some very needed equipment purchases.
Just think with such a large investment into our nations sluggish economy,maybe we would get more freight to haul.
Oh my word maybe I should zip my lips,we are busy enough now.
It's a catch 22.
You can't spend millions of dollars for new equipment in the hopes you will need it.
You need to have the freight to justify the additional expense.

Now we deplete the rental companies supply of trucks and have a hiring frenzy and just hope it keeps up so that they need to purchase more equipment.

If we do it the "O" way we won't have to worry about it. Same old, same old, Take on all kinds of new buisness with out the man power or the equipment and not be able to service the new and excisting customers and lose them all. Back to square one.

If we do it the "O" way we won't have to worry about it. Same old, same old, Take on all kinds of new buisness with out the man power or the equipment and not be able to service the new and excisting customers and lose them all. Back to square one.
Seems like we are doing that over here at Conway,we are crazy busy and short on equipment and manpower and still taking all shippers that call.We got plenty to do,work 13-14 hours and be back ready to hit the clock as soon as your break is over.

I'm straight out (usally across the seats)
13 hours a day, OT out the yinger
We have so much freight coming into the New England area we have over 15,000 empties in our trailer pool.

Problemm is we cant fill em to get rid of 'em. we are railing M/Ts to the mid west and south becasuse theya re so short.

gb, I'll work the dock Saturday for you guys as long as Harvey isn't there.

I punch out around 7AM, how's 730 sound? Dunkin Munchkins and SOBE Engery Coollattas for Break?

We are staying fairly busy and steady in Portland, Or. The problem is, a decent amount of runs have shifted to other terminals and there are still a substantial amount of contract carriers running out of our yard. It is great to see the freight moving, but it will probably still be some time before our drivers will see more runs.

Two weeks ago I came in our yard getting done with an early appoinment deivery to hook up to my route trailer.
I saw a stretched out double sleeper twin screw backed up in front of our terminal office.
I asked what it was doing here?

My inbound supervisor said its rented,and that the rental firm was all out of day cabs.

I then asked how safe will it be running it on a city route?
He said no problem.
So while I was waiting for our dock crew to finish loading my route trailer.
I drew a quick picture of a more stretched out sleeper,hooked to a shorter pup.

Then wrote under it,whats wrong with this picture?
Who uses California condos to run city routes?

Everyone that saw my drawing got a real laugh out of it.

But by the end of the day it was no where to be found.
I think my TM must of not thought it wasn't all that funny and trashed it?

A new bee the lowest one we have at the bottom of our senority list took it to do over flow route delivers,and he claimed it wasn't to bad.
So I said just be safe,if you don't think you can do something safe don't do it.
He said ok.
We don't have it anymore,we are using all of our tractors,but we could use a couple more if we could get them.

The other day I saw a USF camper pulling a 53 OTC into the yard. I thought I'd seen everything. Apparently, UPS does not mind Yellow making a few bucks off of us. That night they filled it with outbound and sent it on it's way. I guess if you have to move the freight.......you have to move the freight!!!

We are so slammed, we are giving away so much freight. We have overwhelmed 3 other freight companies, that they can't take anymore, and still can't get it all out. The mgmt is manipulating the numbers the best they can, but you can only do so much. Down about 10-12 drivers, and with all this part time dock crap, can't keep up with what we have. Short on diad's, trucks, and don't forget we are losing the radios on the first.