TForce | How busy are you!!!!

BRING IT ON , I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS MUCH FREIGHT IN THIS TERMINAL BEFORE, IN A 24 DOOR TERMINAL WE HAVE 3 DOOR'S LEFT TOO STRIP OUT OF, EVERYTHING ELSE IS DEDICATED TOO A RUN, 4 OF OUR RUNS IS GOING OUT WITH 30+ STOPS PER DAY, A COUPLE OF THE OTHER TERMINALS IS USING MENLO ( SCS) TO MOVE FREIGHT AS WELL AS LOCAL CONTRACTORS AND THEY CANNOT KEEP UP, THIS IS AMAZING. BRING IT ON!!!!!!

I WOULD NOW SAY THE FLOODGATES HAS OPENED, AND THIS IS NOT RETAIL SEASON YET, WAIT UNTIL THAT COMES OUR WAY, DAY AT THE MALL ANYONE?:TR10driving03: :shock: :shock:

Come on get real how can you get 30 stops off?
I get out of my terminal between 1100,and noon to deliver 10 stops,and make a few pickups later,and am very lucky to get back by our cuts at 1800.
30 stops would be very overwelming unless I could hit the streets a whole lot earlier?

I heard NBR had about 60 pups they couldn't move wed night due to not enough manpower and not enough equipment.

In HRS we have been getting called pretty close to our rest and I'm pretty sure they have been exhausting the board.

I hope this is the supposed flood gates and it keeps up.:funky:

I told Jimmy to get the big miles ready for ya. The frosty will be on the way. Now I'm not so sure. What is with that obscene avatar?

the floodgayes have not opened this is just the start of end of quarter the last two weeks of june are gonna be the busises to date.

And to answer the people that don't understand using outside carriers it goed like this, first you have to get the accounts and use the common carriers to move the freight then once you get equiptment and manpower you do away with the common carriers, the company can't hire all this manpower until we get power to run.

I know we're starting to get some crappy freight, a bunch of inside deliveries and residentials.
Thanks to Jacksonville, we have Wasserstrom deliveries to restaurants inside deliveries and you cant deliver betwee 11 and 2.
Now we got book deliveries with pallets as heavy as 2200 lbs. all inside delivery to schools. Everyone knows how a school delivery goes right?!

the floodgayes have not opened this is just the start of end of quarter the last two weeks of june are gonna be the busises to date.

And to answer the people that don't understand using outside carriers it goed like this, first you have to get the accounts and use the common carriers to move the freight then once you get equiptment and manpower you do away with the common carriers, the company can't hire all this manpower until we get power to run.

This is exactly the case. I agree 100% The problem at our terminal is that most all of the freight is being moved by a combination of drivers from other yards and contract carriers. Every day it is sheer choas at our terminal and every admin in the office is scampering to keep pace. The issue that we are facing is that we still have drivers that are going out only once a week(I haven't had this happen to me yet, but than again, I am willing to take any work and I am more than willing to stay out of town for weeks at a time if I have to).

Come on get real how can you get 30 stops off?
I get out of my terminal between 1100,and noon to deliver 10 stops,and make a few pickups later,and am very lucky to get back by our cuts at 1800.
30 stops would be very overwelming unless I could hit the streets a whole lot earlier?

Believe it or not we do have a couple, 3 to be exact that is going out with 25-28 stops per day and they get it all off, no we are not supertruckers but leave the terminal around 8 AM and arrive back about 7pm, this is 3 stops per hr., I can do this, especially when your stem time is 10 minutes or less.

I agree it is the end of the quarter, and I can see where this would make scence, but this terminal alone is 150 bills over this time last year or anytime in the history of this terminal. And has been very busy scince the third week in January.

Well then getting out of the terminal early does make a big difference.
We get out just in time for a lot of businesses to have their receiving departments shut down for their lunch break.

If I got out even an hour earlier I could make a lot more drops then when I get out so late.

I come in early to do appoinment deliveries,get back to finish off my route trailer,put my equipment on,and close it out,get my DR's do my pre-trip,and get after it.
I also have a few house deliveries,and inside mall deliveries that really slow me down.
But even with all my daily difficulties I'm still able to do my fair share,for the good of our UPS Freight team of dedicated city drivers.

You know the old saying,if work was fun it wouldn't be work.
So you face your many challenges with an upbeat,happy attitude,do your best,and don't worry about the rest.
Have as much fun as you can,and it won't seem like your working to hard to be bumbed out by the time you clock out.

We have rented 5 storage trailers and reincarnated several old junker trailers that have been fosslizing for years in the yard to store the endless amount of freight. When I started here last June, I had 1 person under me who subsequently quit. In one years time, that number has grown to 14 and they are still adding drivers!

Half the tractors we have are Penske rentals plus 2 older sleepers. Whats even more pathetic is the fact that the yard jockey is dead and nothing has been done to fix it. So all the moves are being done with a tractor.

Not enough DIAD's, not enough empty vans or pups, and not enough dock space to move anywhwere! And the terminal manager spends more time on a forklift then in his office where he belongs!

We have rented 5 storage trailers and reincarnated several old junker trailers that have been fosslizing for years in the yard to store the endless amount of freight. When I started here last June, I had 1 person under me who subsequently quit. In one years time, that number has grown to 14 and they are still adding drivers!

Half the tractors we have are Penske rentals plus 2 older sleepers. Whats even more pathetic is the fact that the yard jockey is dead and nothing has been done to fix it. So all the moves are being done with a tractor.

Not enough DIAD's, not enough empty vans or pups, and not enough dock space to move anywhwere! And the terminal manager spends more time on a forklift then in his office where he belongs!

Well I know the feeling, except for the TM on the forklift, for drivers appreciation week we had 1 day of dunkins, and a few boxes of donut holes, and a few ctn's of stale muffins, yee haa.....

We have 2 trailer's in the yard where the landing gear is starting too spread it's legs , when you pick it up off of the ground , they come together atleast 1.5' inbetween them both. One day we will come in and they will be both on the ground.

We also have a few where the frame is cracked, We also have one where the end axle of the tandems on a 48' fell off.

We have some awesome equipment. I saw a memo from virginia , it stated the following, If the state of trailers are not fit for the road, we are allowing freight to be stacked on the fifth wheel and sent out for delivery, if you can keep the fifth wheel on.

My terminal has 60 doors and for the last few weeks we have had 250-300 plus inbound bills a day. We have outside contractors coming in to peddel our city freight. Our outbound bills are up also. Our bring backs are up last Friday we had 19 bring backs. We get out late and it is after 11:00 am before we leave the yard.

Why is it that it seems like we at UPSF are the last ones to hit the street everyday?

Busy in Miami!

Hello all! This is my first post, I usually read every day but never post. I'm in the Miami terminal. I am a local P/D driver. Our workload is ridiculous. They just hired 13 guys because we can't hack the amount of work. Our terminal is too small, we don't have enough tractors or trailers and not enough drivers. We have so much inbound freight in Miami that we use a big chunk of our trailers as holding areas. You can't even walk through the terminal without hitting something. I have analyzed something interesting: Whenever I drive around the city on my route I see other terminals Estes, Abf, yellow etc.., Their docks are empty, but not ours. I think were getting everyones freight. In the morning at any given stop, I'll look inside another guys trailer and it has a few pallets but my 53' is loaded beyond reason. I ask other companies drivers and they say: "I went out today with 5 stops", they freak when they hear that I get 18+ and 4 or 5 pickups> I don't know how the other terminals are but our Miami terminal is about to blow with the amount of freight we have. I just want to know what the heck is gonna happen to fix all this. Unfortunately our management seems to be absolutely silent about everything. We don't even have any meetings that have anything to do with future plans. We as employees feel like outsiders.

My terminal has 60 doors and for the last few weeks we have had 250-300 plus inbound bills a day. We have outside contractors coming in to peddel our city freight. Our outbound bills are up also. Our bring backs are up last Friday we had 19 bring backs. We get out late and it is after 11:00 am before we leave the yard.

Why is it that it seems like we at UPSF are the last ones to hit the street everyday?

Simple...because our "hub" system cannot support fast transit times to get the freight to the end of line. Take a look at how many hubs Con-Way or Yellow or even Fed Ex operate compared.

Take a look at the Northeast. We have only hubs in HRS, PHL, and NBR. On the other hand, ConWay has hubs in Hagerstown, Allentown, Newark, Moonachie, Newburgh, Springfield, Albany and Milton, PA. Hence you dont see many ConWay sets running past 10 in the morning or on the weekends.

Not that Im saying ConWay is the way for us. Afterall, road drivers at ConWay get screwed on miles because of the fact that they have more hubs.

Simple...because our "hub" system cannot support fast transit times to get the freight to the end of line. Take a look at how many hubs Con-Way or Yellow or even Fed Ex operate compared.

Take a look at the Northeast. We have only hubs in HRS, PHL, and NBR. On the other hand, ConWay has hubs in Hagerstown, Allentown, Newark, Moonachie, Newburgh, Springfield, Albany and Milton, PA. Hence you dont see many ConWay sets running past 10 in the morning or on the weekends.

Not that Im saying ConWay is the way for us. Afterall, road drivers at ConWay get screwed on miles because of the fact that they have more hubs.

Interesting. I was just thinking about this last nite. In my area we have hubs in Columbus, Richfield (Akron/Cleve area), Pittsburgh, Indy. Conway has Cle, Col, Cincy, Toledo, Pittsburgh, Sharon PA, Indy and Fremont IN. Twice as many. I dont know which way is better and personally I prefer driving to dock work but you make a good point.

Closing down Wallingford and moving it to Newburgh was a huge mistake!!! 50 lbs of sht in a 5 lbs bag. If anything I would have left it open to service New England, New York and New Jersey next day freight. I worked at CNF and the post regarding hubs os 100% correct. Maybe they should take a page from the competion.

Gater we are rite behind you, we do not have contracters taking our freight yet, but we are getting hire a drivers to do the extra stuff.