How slow is it?

Moneyman01

Proud to be a dad!
Credits
How slow is it out there for the rest of you food guys? I'm down to 3 days a week and about 30 hrs. I sure as hell can't live off that making 17 a hr.

How slow is it out there for the rest of you food guys? I'm down to 3 days a week and about 30 hrs. I sure as hell can't live off that making 17 a hr.

I have a 5 day bid but thurs always cancels, today I found out that there were at least 4 of us off out of 12 drivers, actually, 1 was on call extra and 3 of us were off not having to answer the phone, thats alot for us, our case count is down as a whole, which at this stage in my life and career as a delivery man is ok with me.

Overall, we are steady, working everyone most everyday, today was an exception, busy, just fewer cases.

29.5 hours in four days. I'm normally at 35-37 hours by Thursday. Glad we have a 40 hour guerentee(sp)

Finished the week with 37.5 hours.

I only got 41hrs, day cut short monday, 2 sick days, 16 hrs, one day off, unpaid, and today, I finished over 3 hrs behind, trailer was late, got to my first stop when I should have been leaving, then stop 2 they gave me 20 min to throw 177 cases out the doors, I was there an hour and a half..lol, something about that don't smell right.

Last week I had over 55 hrs, that was a good check, but I worked 5 days too.

Correction: Due to the meeting running 3.5 hours today, finished with 41 hours, lol

That post brought back memories, at PFG we used to have quarterly meetings in Northwest AR, at the Lowell office, I lived down the hill in Van Buren, they always started at 0700 on Sat., that was when I was drinking alot, nothing like attending those damn things for hours with a hangover.

I have a correction to. Next 2 mondays I'm running turkey loads. Run to cold storage facility that's a hr 45 Mins away. Get loaded, drive back drop trailer in dock grab a empty and go back and get loaded again. Easy day. Probably gonna make me want to get a full-time gig doing it lol

Got a four day route and the still try a get my off a day or split me a my co driver up. Hate this time of year everything is slow.

Well at least we got the time to enjoy being broke.

No kidding, I was off today, I usually go into thursday with 35 hrs or so, I left wednesday with 30 hrs, so this week is a wash, gotta work 15 hrs just to get 45 for the week, I got 19 stops for 800 cases friday, so I might be able to stretch it out but not for 15 hrs.

Last week was a welcomed slower week. But this week I will have about 7/8 hours left on my 70 when I get home in the AM.
We are a different set up than what you all are. If we get slow on our store stuff we can open up more system stuff. We always have something to do :( lol

No kidding, I was off today, I usually go into thursday with 35 hrs or so, I left wednesday with 30 hrs, so this week is a wash, gotta work 15 hrs just to get 45 for the week, I got 19 stops for 800 cases friday, so I might be able to stretch it out but not for 15 hrs.

I stretched it out to 14.25 hrs, 13.75 paid hours, still finished .5 hrs early, thats what happens when I gotta scatter groceries all over 2 cities, 43.75 hrs, for the week, down 10 or more hours from what I would like.

Last week was a welcomed slower week. But this week I will have about 7/8 hours left on my 70 when I get home in the AM.
We are a different set up than what you all are. If we get slow on our store stuff we can open up more system stuff. We always have something to do :( lol

At least you don't have that Tulsa turn every night, thats a man killer, I would hate life if I had to do that every night!

I ended up laying over in Bartlesville that night. I put in for an unscheduled layover pay and they didn't pay it. Pissed me off. I'm over it now ... Kinda :)

I stretched it out to 14.25 hrs, 13.75 paid hours, still finished .5 hrs early, thats what happens when I gotta scatter groceries all over 2 cities, 43.75 hrs, for the week, down 10 or more hours from what I would like.
37 hours this week(40 paid). There is no way I can justify 8 or more on these routes that I am doing. Too slow right now. Damm sales rep better start selling, lol. I want my routes back!