TForce | how the 24th went down

Man,,, Teamster is so full of himself its amazing he can reach the keyboard. Just like any Democrat, Liberal, or Union At All Costs Supporter,,,, anyone who disagrees is immediatly attacked and called names because they fight with emotion rather than fact. Of course, never let the facts get in the way of a good rant. Its going to be holiday season, if the teamsters really wanted to make the company step up, they should have told them to quit screwing around, agree to abide by the contract, or see how much profit they can make over christmas trying to pick up and deliver accross a picket line. Dont try to answer me back Teamster, your invective laden tirades are boring.

Man,,, Teamster is so full of himself its amazing he can reach the keyboard. Just like any Democrat, Liberal, or Union At All Costs Supporter,,,, anyone who disagrees is immediatly attacked and called names because they fight with emotion rather than fact. Of course, never let the facts get in the way of a good rant. Its going to be holiday season, if the teamsters really wanted to make the company step up, they should have told them to quit screwing around, agree to abide by the contract, or see how much profit they can make over christmas trying to pick up and deliver accross a picket line. Dont try to answer me back Teamster, your invective laden tirades are boring.

Ignorance is bliss. We can't strike in the issue, that would be illegal. When people lie, I will hold them accountable for their words.

Last edited by a moderator:
99% of what I post is about how the company is screwing us or is going to screw us, then I list why there able to do what there doing by citing what loophole there exploiting.

How does that make me anti-union?

I criticize whoever needs critizing, either side, it doesn't matter to me.

You and other union cheerleaders will defend the union at all costs, your side is always right no matter what and the union can not make a mistake.

The reason were still fighting to get our employees back to work for over 3 years is becuase this union negoitiated a subpar contract in the first place.

99% of what I post is about how the company is screwing us or is going to screw us, then I list why there able to do what there doing by citing what loophole there exploiting.

How does that make me anti-union?

I criticize whoever needs critizing, either side, it doesn't matter to me.

You and other union cheerleaders will defend the union at all costs, your side is always right no matter what and the union can not make a mistake.

The reason were still fighting to get our employees back to work for over 3 years is becuase this union negoitiated a subpar contract in the first place.

More passive aggressive talk.

What is a par contract?

hey OVERNITE, i for one like to read your posts, there full of information, thats something i ussually don't get from any of our union reps.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Funny how people that are not even involved have such strong feeling that they speak the truth.....Guess we all need something to feel important.

And I love the Liberal/Democrat angle.....Make sure you join Shrek(Glenn whats his face) today to take back America or whatever self serving purpose he has going today.

Political views are meaningless unless you are talking to someone who agrees.

I think that people in and around Dallas are probably the only ones to believe either way......But carry on gentlemen.....Very comical.

Funny how people that are not even involved have such strong feeling that they speak the truth.....Guess we all need something to feel important.

And I love the Liberal/Democrat angle.....Make sure you join Shrek(Glenn whats his face) today to take back America or whatever self serving purpose he has going today.

Political views are meaningless unless you are talking to someone who agrees.

I think that people in and around Dallas are probably the only ones to believe either way......But carry on gentlemen.....Very comical.

This is the most sensible post I have seen . I mean think about it who is closer to this than the Men who are going forward with this . It is easy to sit around and speculate . Nothing wrong with it either. But Overnite 's always close to but no cigar !

there have been over 75 unfair labor practice charges filed, not a single one has gotten anywhere, do you really think the Obama administration would let it, the unions pushed pretty hard to help get him elected he would not turn around and slap them in the face.

Were all involved in this issue, this is the biggest issue facing all of us.

The last time I talked to a dallas sleeper team about the arbitration (about 3 weeks ago) I asked them what they have heard, they said they won all there subcontractor grievances and on august 24, they were meeting with the company to see how much backpay they were going to receive.

So scratch that idea.

Were all involved in this issue, this is the biggest issue facing all of us.

The last time I talked to a dallas sleeper team about the arbitration (about 3 weeks ago) I asked them what they have heard, they said they won all there subcontractor grievances and on august 24, they were meeting with the company to see how much backpay they were going to receive.

So scratch that idea.

So how do you know that did not happen? Are you a steward?What have you heard?

Gentlemen: I am in direct contact with the involved . The company requested a postponement prior to the 8-24-10 arbitration hearing. The local and the IBT have given the company their offer to settle the grievance. The company has until 12-14-10 to accept the offer or the case goes to the arbiter. As I have stated, UPS can not and will not let a 3rd party rule on this case.

As far as the company making offers, they are not in the position to make offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is EXACTLY what I said happened and you told me I was posting falsehoods and BS, your right I don't think the company will let an arbitrator decide on the case becuase there could be millions of $$$ in backpay. What I don't agree with is why would the union make an offer, if an arbitrator decides on the case it sets precedent, if there is an agreement made between the union and ups that does not set precedent. And we could go through all of this again.

No doubt we will be going thru something like this again. Any agreement UPS and Teamsters come to will be poked and prodded by UPS to find any and all loopholes. It's what they do.

Hey Overnite i Guess that wherever this Teamster guy is that he has just been trying to contradict everything you've been posting about this issue gets the news a little late or is in Direct contact with the wrong people, Because he just agreed to disagree to agree with what you first posted. Keep up the good work Overnite, see ya monday

If teamster is who I think it is, he is getting his info from Chris, Chris is the unions point man from local 745, but chris answers to tyson johnson who is one of the vice presidents of the teamsters and is the freight division director tyson works out of local 745, tyson and ken hall are the ones who negoitiated our contract, you could draw some intresting conclusions from that.

Bs does an ok job of dock steward in oro But if you had teamster as your steward you wouldn't have half the problems you do in oro.

Im sure Teamster is a good guy and puts his best effort to help us all, im not nocking him but i just thought it was funny that after 4 pages of he said she said it all came down to your 1st post.
And yes Bs does an ok job but he just doesnt have the (cant really come up with the right word) He just doesnt get that respect from the managers like DL or AF or VP get