TForce | how the 24th went down

my info comes straight from the sources, not from second and third hand, if I spread a rumor I say it is a rumor.

my info comes from labor managers and union officials, not from road drivers and dockworkers.

my info comes straight from the sources, not from second and third hand, if I spread a rumor I say it is a rumor.

my info comes from labor managers and union officials, not from road drivers and dockworkers.

Who said it was road drivers or dockworkers?

you said my "information stream" dammed up your not gonna silence a labor manager or a union official.

First thing a company labor manager is not a source. He/she works for the company, his/her job is to protect the company.

Second, a union official does not always get the correct info, or any info at all, they have sources and the sources call the shots. Any info you get will be at best 3rd or 4th party, or as we say, here-say.

Labor managers are the ones who are told what can and can't be done with the contract they are a source, just as Ba's do for the other side.

There both sources and the truth is always somewhere in between.

Last edited by a moderator:
The company has decieded to accept the unions offer, this is just a handshake deal not binding.

This is a sad day to be a teamster.

A mou will be released at a later date.

The company has decieded to accept the unions offer, this is just a handshake deal not binding.

This is a sad day to be a teamster.

A mou will be released at a later date.

I know the offer and it is a fair settlement. Being that if you go to arbitration you can lose everything. Of course it is easy being a Monday morning quarterback. But the union has to choose one or the other, they can't sit on the side lines and cry foul either way.

All current and laid off road drivers will be satisfied with the settlement. Being that an arbitrator has no power to change contract language.

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. Of course we have some that want the bird in the hand and also 2 in the bush, though that isn't the way it works.

who cares, this is not about a settlement this is about preventing or limiting the future use of contractors. This "settlement" does not do that.

I will even go a step further and say I know the offer the company made to the union was they would pay the equivalent of 10,000 hours of backpay to the affected parties, that is the offer the union refused.

I don't see anyone being a monday morning quarterback, this thread was started over 2 months ago.

And it is a sad day when someone who fights so vigorously for teamster rights is trying to sell this as a positive, this grievance was called a "slam dunk" by ken hall, he said they were waiting for the perfect grievance and this was it, that is why they picked that one.

Anyone who tries to say this is a positive for us is a tool that is being used union and management. Becuase this ruling is in the unions and ups's favor they won we the employees lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the offer and it is a fair settlement. Being that if you go to arbitration you can lose everything. Of course it is easy being a Monday morning quarterback. But the union has to choose one or the other, they can't sit on the side lines and cry foul either way.

All current and laid off road drivers will be satisfied with the settlement. Being that an arbitrator has no power to change contract language.

A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush. Of course we have some that want the bird in the hand and also 2 in the bush, though that isn't the way it works.

All past BS aside between us one thing I have always understood about you is that you fight for what is right for the members you represent, never would I have ever imagined that you would be scared to let this grievance go to an arbitrator. I don't know of anyone asking for the contract to be changed. Just followed.

All past BS aside between us one thing I have always understood about you is that you fight for what is right for the members you represent, never would I have ever imagined that you would be scared to let this grievance go to an arbitrator. I don't know of anyone asking for the contract to be changed. Just followed.

The contract allows for the use of contractors. just not the present way the company is using them, while road drivers are on layoff. You will never be satisfied, either way the union would have screwed us, you can't have it both ways. The issue will be over and that will be that.

You act is if arbitration is a sure thing. it is not. On the contrary, it can blow up in your face if the arbiter drawn has a record of pro-company decisions. my local had to withdraw a so-called 'slam dunk' case when they drew an arbiter who they knew from his past history was no likely to see the issue in the unions point of view.

You would rather have 2 in the bush. I'll take a a bird in the hand.

what your local accepted was a fraction of the actual damages in return it gives the greenlight for UPS to continue to use contractors, again all of this was to stop the use of contractors or at the very minimum define the limits, we got no where with this, the company flashed some money and the union grabbed it.

what your local accepted was a fraction of the actual damages in return it gives the greenlight for UPS to continue to use contractors, again all of this was to stop the use of contractors or at the very minimum define the limits, we got no where with this, the company flashed some money and the union grabbed it.

By 'UNION' you mean the employees and members who will make the money flashed?

where in writing is this agreement you talk about. It is my understanding that the company has not agreed and if their time limit is up it will go to arbitration and this could drag on another 6 months or longer.
when did the company and union have a hand shake on this.