Yellow | I hate my union,although I don't have the guts to quit!

So; End Taxing Income- go with the Fair Tax! No Lobbyist Advantage. Everyone keeps his entire paycheck, no withholding (talk about a Stimulis!!!!) Everyone gets a $500 per month prebate to cover the cost of the taxes on the poor, and no filing- no dodging- everyone pays!!!!!!

The idea and concept of a "fair tax" is an idea that is worth exploring.....There is much debate about this..both pro and con......

The Dems cut over 700 billion for Medicare, want to impose a DEATH tax( ESTATE TAX ) forcing families to sell personal belongings like land, just to pay the tax. Romney wasn't support any cuts to Medicare or Social Security.

You two are confusing rights with benefits.
Show me exactly where I said it was A constitutional right. Romney was for whatever the group he was talking to at the time was for. If you can have A union you have the right to bargain collectivly.[/QUOTE]

Hello, I aready said. you compared collective bargaining to free speech and the right to bear arms, got it?oh and Obama did the same thing he was whatever he needed to be to whoever he was talking to

So this A subsidy then? Sorta like corporate welfare.

there you go again, being allowed to keep more of your own money isn't corporate welfare or welfare. that that Marxist speech I talk about. Marxism does not believe in private property rights, and if you think that being allowed to keep more of your own money is a subsidy, can you do not believe in private property rights, you believe all money earned belongs to the government.

Is that a Constitutional right? Like free speech..or the right to "bare" arms as you put it...? ... Just checking...... You would know if anyone would...right?

owning a home is not a constitutional right, we just have the freedom to pursue home ownership, there is a difference

Every worker deserves a union. You do have a right to a union. Collective bargaining is not a right..it's an expensive entitlement. (public unions) Ask any Wisconsinite. It's about time somebody stood up for the hardworking taxpayers. Thank you Walker.

"Collective bargaining is not a right..it's an expensive entitlement"

Unless of course it's benefiting you.....of course......

"It's about time somebody stood up for the hardworking taxpayers".

Are you implying that workers in the public sector are not hardworking taxpayers? Firefighters and Police are not hard working taxpayers??? what about Teachers? Isn't it about time that someone stood up for those hardworking taxpayers?

"Life, Liberty, and the Right to pursue Happiness, was originally written as Life, Liberty, and the Right to own Property.

It was changed before ratifying, in order to eventually end Slavery. They were afraid Property would continue Slaves being seen as Property.

"Collective bargaining is not a right..it's an expensive entitlement"

Unless of course it's benefiting you.....of course......

"It's about time somebody stood up for the hardworking taxpayers".

Are you implying that workers in the public sector are not hardworking taxpayers? Firefighters and Police are not hard working taxpayers??? what about Teachers? Isn't it about time that someone stood up for those hardworking taxpayers?

Public Employees create no new wealth, just wealth Transfers of already taxed money from taxpayers to their salaries. Yes, they are valuable. But, unlike private employees whose salary/ benefits effects the bottom line of a business- public works effect taxpayers, and more and more are on fixed incomes living month to month.

Obama ran his campaign in 2008 by pushing for the states to take Federal Money and hire more Police, Teachers, and Firefighters for two years. They took the bait, hired them. Guess what? The Federal Money ran out, and the already broke states looked into the cupboards, which were bare. At some point, it matters not how noble the cause, how jealous the people- the money's gone.......

Pensions are all about to fail. Public first, then Private (soon!). We haven't seen the tip of the iceberg yet. Why do you think barry wants the private 401's, 403s, IRAs? Printing worthless money/ borrowing 42 cents out of every dollar, only to give it all away will fail.....This is going to get UGLY. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't see how on this one....

Thanks for the compliment! I'm a simple man, typing (well, trying to) simple minded answers. Life is actually pretty simple when we quit being jealous.....

I Always appreciate all the help I can get!!!!!

Jimmy, I think the divide, the division among many Americans, is deeper than what can be explained away as simple jealousy....They dynamics of society, especially a global society, are more complex than perhaps most may realize....maybe even to the point of becoming irreconcilable..But I agree if the point is that life would be simpler if we can put aside differences of opinion and just realize that we are all human beings striving for essentially the same things out of life....For example...We hold diametrically opposing view points on many subjects of a Political and philosophical nature...mostly perhaps due to we just don't fully understand each others views......but if we put those things aside.......taking heated "debate" out of the picture......Reading your posts that are of just an "everyday" nature... I tend to think of you as anyone else...a good and caring man taking care of his Family the best he can..In those areas there is commonality... thats reality....and I would certainly hope that you would think the same of me.........Simple...hardly....All humans are complex beings.....

Your welcome for the Compliment...I call things as I see them regardless if we agree or disagree on whatever the topic of the moment is..But one thing... "I'm a simple man, typing (well, trying to) simple minded answers". I would have worded that a bit different :-) Someone may interpret that differently than you intended... I understand the spirit in which you intended it to be however....just saying... take care....

Public Employees create no new wealth, just wealth Transfers of already taxed money from taxpayers to their salaries. Yes, they are valuable. But, unlike private employees whose salary/ benefits effects the bottom line of a business- public works effect taxpayers, and more and more are on fixed incomes living month to month.

Obama ran his campaign in 2008 by pushing for the states to take Federal Money and hire more Police, Teachers, and Firefighters for two years. They took the bait, hired them. Guess what? The Federal Money ran out, and the already broke states looked into the cupboards, which were bare. At some point, it matters not how noble the cause, how jealous the people- the money's gone.......

Pensions are all about to fail. Public first, then Private (soon!). We haven't seen the tip of the iceberg yet. Why do you think barry wants the private 401's, 403s, IRAs? Printing worthless money/ borrowing 42 cents out of every dollar, only to give it all away will fail.....This is going to get UGLY. I hope I'm wrong, but i don't see how on this one....

I think that the Public service employees create wealth the same as any other employee....they spend their dollars and thus so return them to the economy....it's spending that generates economic growth........I understand the argument about public workers affecting the taxpayers....But what is the solution for those employees.....people, like us, that have families...are they supposed to work for just minimum wage....the preform a valuable service for all of us....

Yes I agree that money is the issue....they say it's gone....but why....it can't be just because of the Public service sector..There is other things going on with our money than what meets the eye, as it were, ...Sad but true...yes Pensions are in trouble both Private and public sectors.....and Yes I also feel it's going to get very ugly as well..... ON this I think we have agreement.....

I think that the Public service employees create wealth the same as any other employee....they spend their dollars and thus so return them to the economy....it's spending that generates economic growth........I understand the argument about public workers affecting the taxpayers....But what is the solution for those employees.....people, like us, that have families...are they supposed to work for just minimum wage....the preform a valuable service for all of us....

Yes I agree that money is the issue....they say it's gone....but why....it can't be just because of the Public service sector..There is other things going on with our money than what meets the eye, as it were, ...Sad but true...yes Pensions are in trouble both Private and public sectors.....and Yes I also feel it's going to get very ugly as well..... ON this I think we have agreement.....

that's a common misconception, wealth doesn't come from the paycheck of the employees, it come from the profit of the company.

simple answer, no. we have the right to pursue home ownership.
I see.
there you go again, being allowed to keep more of your own money isn't corporate welfare or welfare. that that Marxist speech I talk about. Marxism does not believe in private property rights, and if you think that being allowed to keep more of your own money is a subsidy, can you do not believe in private property rights, you believe all money earned belongs to the government.
Now you're gotten me confused. Could you please clarify what you are saying here and how it compares to the one right above?
that's a common misconception, wealth doesn't come from the paycheck of the employees, it come from the profit of the company.
And where does the company get the money from?

I think that the Public service employees create wealth the same as any other employee..
Civic Committee deems Illinois' pension mess "unfixable" - Illinois Review
No johnny, they create debt johnny, big debt..tremendous debt. Example:
Illinois's pension system is heading for a meltdown and may now be beyond help.
the state's roughly $200 billion debt now threatens education, health care and basic public services. The problem is worsening so fast that the usual menu of reforms won't be enough to keep public pensions from sucking taxpayers and whole cities into its yawning maw.

Here's some food for thought. The state estimates its unfunded pension liabilities at around $95 billion. But that rosy scenario is based on the assumption that pension investments earn some 8% a year. In fiscal 2012, the Teachers Retirement System had a 0.76% return, the State Employees Retirement System 0.05%, and the General Assembly Retirement System a negative 0.14%.

Although it is "no longer possible to preserve all state pension benefits as currently structured," the Civic Club adds, there are options that would help. The state should immediately end automatic cost-of-living increases, put a cap on how high a salary can be used to calculate a pension and raise the retirement age to 67.

More likely is that the politicians keep abdicating and then hit up President Obama for a federal bailout.

Bam, help them out buddy

warning: fear federal government power under a president who routinely ignores, and pees on, the Constitution.
author unknown

I can't relate to the Public Employee thingy, pilot. Where I live we have 1 cop, and everyone in the area belongs to the local Volunteer Fire Dept. It costs us all THOUSANDS of dollars each for the training and equipment. Meanwhile, government and insurance both add new regulations yearly which are even more costly to make compliant. While you feel emphamy for those workers who Choose to work those jobs, we in the farmland co-op together to save our property......

I grew up when public sector jobs were, yes- done for minimum wage. People had choices whether to work there or not. In those days, only the unqualified for 'normal' work took public sector employment. Yet things still functioned. Different Times......

Show me exactly where I said it was A constitutional right. Romney was for whatever the group he was talking to at the time was for. If you can have A union you have the right to bargain collectivly.

Hello, I aready said. you compared collective bargaining to free speech and the right to bear arms, got it?oh and Obama did the same thing he was whatever he needed to be to whoever he was talking to[/QUOTE]I never said constitutional!

No just their fair share.

Why do we need new wealth? What's wrong with people just working and saving and paying their bills? This idea that everyone has to be wealthy,I'd support just having A decent wage.

Where does the profit of the company come from? The Tooth Fairy? No, it comes from folks like us and our measly paychecks,the CONSUMER!