Yellow | If the yes vote wins????

No they should not have to, it's a contract vote as it's winding down and the results are announced it's time start working together to make this a better place to work.

Not sure what your attempting to say with the part that I highlighted...However, to the other part....I would respond that if the "No" vote prevails...ALL the jobs will be likely lost........It is my opinion that you may be right in the short term about layoffs.....maybe.....however, in the long term, as the Economy hopefully improves and the financial condition of YRCW improves...hopefully..... Job opportunities will actually be greater due to a prevailing "yes" vote....

Isn't that what they claimed last concession vote. Fast Forward 4 years and here we are with no debt paid off and less workers with trucks 4 years older!

its the spineless that say they are voting yes because its easier to find a job while they still have one.

With all due respect, It's actually the sensible course of action to do so......If you think about it....it's more "spineless" to just give up and let the Company close.

Besides.... it should be more about using Brains than Spines......I appreciate your use of the word "spineless" as opposed to another choice of words that has become overused on here as of late....lol

After finding a better job most likely will happen. For the life of me though WHY would someone quit and lose any chance of unemployment benefits?

I would hope that before anyone just quits their job....they would have another one lined up....and as it seems that so many on here were all gung-ho about how many other great jobs there are out there......I don't see why you'd be concerned about unemployment benefits....

Isn't that what they claimed last concession vote. Fast Forward 4 years and here we are with no debt paid off and less workers with trucks 4 years older!

I understand where your coming from.....It is easier to look back four years and see what has already transpired....but it is not so easy to look ahead four years with any reasonable guarantees of economic improvement...They can only base those figures on projections....and that includes this time around as well.....but the most important thing to realize here, is that the Company and your Job, are still here...four years hence... and with an agreement in place that is acceptable to the Lenders.....This Company and your Job will hopefully still be here for the foreseeable future...

Are there any ironclad guarantees? No.....other than without an agreement in place and a refinance... This all will become a moot point as the Company will join the ranks of all to many others that have fallen by the wayside, as it were.

To my thinking it is just as difficult for any of us to look ahead and see exactly what the prevailing conditions will be four or five years henceforth to be able to say with absolute certainty the extension and the proposed agreement will not succeed.... So with that being said...it makes sense to keep it business and keep all the jobs and the economic "domino effect" that it creates going.....

Fear was the deciding factor in this yes vote. Did we learn anything else? I'm sure the company is aware of this, but big cities will be less and less interested in keeping these wonderful union jobs and guess where the purchased transportation is?

Mexico? China? Where??

That's right Mr. pilot just keep kicking everyone right in the nards. Show everyone your smarter than everyone on this board. Oh yea..................PERIOD!

PERIOD!! <---- See I can do it too... although I don't really understand WHY??? :LMAO:

here ya go yes voter DONT LET THE DOOR HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA

I remind you Mr. Longblade, It is not the "yes" voters that were wanting to close the Company and seek other employment......I think your employment poster would be more helpful to those "no" voters that were the most willing to give their current jobs in favor of other employment....

Thanks for your concern however....

No, Mr series60..... That is not my intention.....I was just admonishing Mr doweall that it will help him get his points across better to read the post before posting it, to make sure that it expresses the intended point, in a clear and concise manner.... .....I don't consider that "kicking" anyone in the "nards", as you put it....

But I'll concede, I should have left it alone.....If I offended Mr doweall in anyway....I apologize for that....

Perhaps series60 is trying to point out that it does take a lot for some people to 'talk' on these boards because they may not be the greatest speller or the best in 'english' Perhaps their language difficulties are that they speak another language 1st. I did agree that I didn't understand the post and so I just left it alone and that as you point out is also sad because doweall just gets 'left out of the conversation'.

Series60 - I don't know what your solution is... One way - if we don't 'understand' we leave people out... which is wrong... the other way - (asking questions) even if done nicely - calls out those that for whatever reason made a mistake....

Case in point - I was trying to type "shall" and put "shale" this was a mistake on my part compounded by the fact that I went back to change the spelling of another word... and noted "edited for spelling"... In the end it became a joke about Fracking... however, it did give me cause to think perhaps I didn't want to be here anylonger.... for about 3 seconds... I like to hear myself talk more than I am afraid of being embarassed...:) (go ahead - I'm sure there are several spelling errors...)

Nah - they never said they were going to "pay off the debt" - Tell you the truth... they never said anything except "save jobs" and "save the company" that I can find... but I'm re-reading all the propoganda... so might figure it out...

How can anyone come on this site and bash anyone over their vote is beyond me. This company is in dire straits. For what ever the reason it is the reality.
The only ones I might have a harsh word for is the ones that couldn't be bothered to vote. I like the motto LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY
As far as fear being the motivating factor is nonsense. Not voting would fall in the category of fear or not doing your part, or pulling your weight. However, This works out I hope the best all YRC brothers and sisters...

I remind you Mr. Longblade, It is not the "yes" voters that were wanting to close the Company and seek other employment......I think your employment poster would be more helpful to those "no" voters that were the most willing to give their current jobs in favor of other employment....

Thanks for your concern however....
At the very least they're getting a pension. What are you getting?

PERIOD!! <---- See I can do it too... although I don't really understand WHY??? :LMAO:
That's just my dig back at Mr. Pilot. Earlier post he said a no vote closes the doors..........no plan B........PERIOD!
We got a love hate thing going right now.