Yellow | If the yes vote wins????

That's just my dig back at Mr. Pilot. Earlier post he said a no vote closes the doors..........no plan B........PERIOD!
We got a love hate thing going right now.

Fare enough... I guess 'one' walks into a lot of 'other peoples conversations' when out here....

I was just asking because you told me I was supposed to say "PERIOD!" on one of my posts once... and I never really understood... All up to speed now - thank you and carry on! :woohoo1:

Perhaps series60 is trying to point out that it does take a lot for some people to 'talk' on these boards because they may not be the greatest speller or the best in 'english' Perhaps their language difficulties are that they speak another language 1st. I did agree that I didn't understand the post and so I just left it alone and that as you point out is also sad because doweall just gets 'left out of the conversation'.

Series60 - I don't know what your solution is... One way - if we don't 'understand' we leave people out... which is wrong... the other way - (asking questions) even if done nicely - calls out those that for whatever reason made a mistake....

Case in point - I was trying to type "shall" and put "shale" this was a mistake on my part compounded by the fact that I went back to change the spelling of another word... and noted "edited for spelling"... In the end it became a joke about Fracking... however, it did give me cause to think perhaps I didn't want to be here anylonger.... for about 3 seconds... I like to hear myself talk more than I am afraid of being embarassed...:) (go ahead - I'm sure there are several spelling errors...)

Thank you SinC for your thoughtful post..... I did concede to Mr series60 that I probably should have let it go.....I feel that if someone is making a comment they probably want others to be able to fully understand the point being made, which underscores the importance of proof reading before posting......that was the only point that I was trying to impart to the Poster.....

Like I said, if I offended the Poster unintentionally, I apologize for that ......

(go ahead - I'm sure there are several spelling errors...)

Typos are one thing....or just not knowing the correct spelling, but in the case of using the wrong word entirely, that is a different matter...

Thank you SinC for your points and thanks to Mr series60 for his points.... I'll try and be more considerate going forward......

Hard Charger:
the Proposal says that all current bargaining unit members will be Red Circled (protected) from any monetary losses due to PTS runs, which are only to be from Hub to Hub to move empties or lanes that are unprofitable at current freight levels. Please re-read the protection language again. I think we are all making to much out if this.
In Solidarity Always.

Perhaps series60 is trying to point out that it does take a lot for some people to 'talk' on these boards because they may not be the greatest speller or the best in 'english' Perhaps their language difficulties are that they speak another language 1st. I did agree that I didn't understand the post and so I just left it alone and that as you point out is also sad because doweall just gets 'left out of the conversation'.

Series60 - I don't know what your solution is... One way - if we don't 'understand' we leave people out... which is wrong... the other way - (asking questions) even if done nicely - calls out those that for whatever reason made a mistake....

Case in point - I was trying to type "shall" and put "shale" this was a mistake on my part compounded by the fact that I went back to change the spelling of another word... and noted "edited for spelling"... In the end it became a joke about Fracking... however, it did give me cause to think perhaps I didn't want to be here anylonger.... for about 3 seconds... I like to hear myself talk more than I am afraid of being embarassed...:) (go ahead - I'm sure there are several spelling errors...)
Without being face to face in conversation to know just how you, Mr. Pilot, & a few others on here are trying to get your thought across, some of your comments on some posters seem making fun of, or to feel like crap on the bottom of your shoe. People's emotions run very high right now & posters don't proof read before hitting the reply button. When I read Mr. Pilot's posts on belittling a posters comment for spelling or grammar it doesn't bring me any closer to his point of view, it just keeps me going back to his ..............PERIOD! post.
If you want to engage people in conversation & make good points back & forth then great, but if you want to start out by posting HEY DUMB...... you misspelled something. Then you just closed the rational door & we just start the insults back & forth & yes I'm guilty of the insulting comments when this starts.
AND I am ready for this to be over good or bad for me so we can all go back to getting along.

At the very least they're getting a pension. What are you getting?

At least those that are retired are getting a pension.....However, with the anti-Union sentiment that has permeated this country, it would be impossible to say if people starting with the USPS today will be getting a pension 30 years from now......

I understand your point....and If I was just entering the job market I would consider the Postal Service a good choice...

At least those that are retired are getting a pension.....However, with the anti-Union sentiment that has permeated this country, it would be impossible to say if people starting with the USPS today will be getting a pension 30 years from now......

I understand your point....and If I was just entering the job market I would consider the Postal Service a good choice...

I'm too close to the "freight running" of the postal service - I have family that run bids for them... and NOPE - I wouldn't chose that over what I have now nor over what I will get tomorrow if this does pass....

Just my 2 cents...

My hopes are that no one leaves any YRCW Company. Now, more than ever, we need every experienced Road Driver, P&D Driver and Professional Freight Handler.
In Solidarity Always.

Without being face to face in conversation to know just how you, Mr. Pilot, & a few others on here are trying to get your thought across, some of your comments on some posters seem making fun of, or to feel like crap on the bottom of your shoe. People's emotions run very high right now & posters don't proof read before hitting the reply button. When I read Mr. Pilot's posts on belittling a posters comment for spelling or grammar it doesn't bring me any closer to his point of view, it just keeps me going back to his ..............PERIOD! post.
If you want to engage people in conversation & make good points back & forth then great, but if you want to start out by posting HEY DUMB...... you misspelled something. Then you just closed the rational door & we just start the insults back & forth & yes I'm guilty of the insulting comments when this starts.
AND I am ready for this to be over good or bad for me so we can all go back to getting along.

Agreed - being Face to Face makes things easier... that being said.. the only thing I know of anyone out here is what has happend in the last month HA - I've been here for One month tomorrow - Happy aniversery to me... LOL - anyhow... I don't know that I will ever have a different view of some of the people here... 'first impressions' and all.... time will tell....

My hopes are that no one leaves any YRCW Company. Now, more than ever, we need every experienced Road Driver, P&D Driver and Professional Freight Handler.
In Solidarity Always.

Your funny... all thru this fiasco yes voters have been telling no voter's if they don't like plan B, then they should just quit and find another job... All I have to say is good luck with that... In my opinion yrcw company's are going to have a hard time hiring anybody let alone trying to keep who they have now!!! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...LOL

The Republicans have the Democrats beat in that department.

Both parties have had their hands in sending our jobs overseas and overtheRioGrande. I would say that it started in at least 1980 when Jimmy Carter reinstated China's Most Favorable Nation status. Then in 1986 but The Great Ronald Reagan started the ball rolling on the North America Free Trade Agreement. That Agreement stirred a lot of controversy everywhere but Mexico. There are more than just a few factors that send our jobs abroad and I'm not so sure that they are all asinine. Right now China is enjoying an environmental nightmare along the lines of what we experienced in the 1960's and they don't know what to do about it. Worker's compensation and worker's rights as we know them don't exist in the third world countries that Walmart, Martha Stewart et al enjoy doing business in. I would say that these things outweigh the wage factor. As I see it there are only three ways to fix this problem. 1) Buy American but it costs a lot more than buying Chinese, Bangladeshi, Malaysian etc. 2) Tariff imports to the point that they cost as much as American and #1 above will happen. 3) Place quotas on imported goods as we have done with the automobiles. In the late 1970's when the quality of American cars was at its lowest and people started turning to Datsun, Toyota and Honda for cars that were cheap to buy and cheap to operate and the quality was good and improving. The US implemented these quotas in 1981 and that resulted in those auto manufacturers building plants in the U.S.
That'll end my harangue for now.

Didn't Bill Clinton sign NAFTA into law December, 1993???

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So let me get this straight. you work for con-way and you were at these union prevention meetings?
I think it's time you stop blaming other companies for the spot yrc is in. nobody from any other company forced yelow to buy roadway,holland, or anybody else. the only people who voted for the new contract was yrc union members.
The blame lies with yrc and teamster Management and no one else.

do you have a clue who pays the Minimum wage? me and you thats who/ if they raise it to 20 dollars an hour your burger and fries go up, along with everything else. if you work in entry level jobs then you get entry level pay.

and if you work for what used to be a good paying teamster job you are now not far for being there yourself

I understand where your coming from.....It is easier to look back four years and see what has already transpired....but it is not so easy to look ahead four years with any reasonable guarantees of economic improvement...They can only base those figures on projections....and that includes this time around as well.....but the most important thing to realize here, is that the Company and your Job, are still here...four years hence... and with an agreement in place that is acceptable to the Lenders.....This Company and your Job will hopefully still be here for the foreseeable future...

Are there any ironclad guarantees? No.....other than without an agreement in place and a refinance... This all will become a moot point as the Company will join the ranks of all to many others that have fallen by the wayside, as it were.

To my thinking it is just as difficult for any of us to look ahead and see exactly what the prevailing conditions will be four or five years henceforth to be able to say with absolute certainty the extension and the proposed agreement will not succeed.... So with that being said...it makes sense to keep it business and keep all the jobs and the economic "domino effect" that it creates going.....

Were not the prior concessions supposed to "save" good Teamster jobs?

So I can assume yrc is employing the exact same amount of employees as in 2009?

The Republicans have the Democrats beat in that department.

Both parties have had their hands in sending our jobs overseas and overtheRioGrande. I would say that it started in at least 1980 when Jimmy Carter reinstated China's Most Favorable Nation status. Then in 1986 but The Great Ronald Reagan started the ball rolling on the North America Free Trade Agreement. That Agreement stirred a lot of controversy everywhere but Mexico. There are more than just a few factors that send our jobs abroad and I'm not so sure that they are all asinine. Right now China is enjoying an environmental nightmare along the lines of what we experienced in the 1960's and they don't know what to do about it. Worker's compensation and worker's rights as we know them don't exist in the third world countries that Walmart, Martha Stewart et al enjoy doing business in. I would say that these things outweigh the wage factor. As I see it there are only three ways to fix this problem. 1) Buy American but it costs a lot more than buying Chinese, Bangladeshi, Malaysian etc. 2) Tariff imports to the point that they cost as much as American and #1 above will happen. 3) Place quotas on imported goods as we have done with the automobiles. In the late 1970's when the quality of American cars was at its lowest and people started turning to Datsun, Toyota and Honda for cars that were cheap to buy and cheap to operate and the quality was good and improving. The US implemented these quotas in 1981 and that resulted in those auto manufacturers building plants in the U.S.
That'll end my harangue for now.

I'll vote for that man .he gets it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

hanalad:
No, 36,000 when we first merged w/ the regionals included. Some were lost due to the combining of Yellow & Roadway. Some left on their own rather than transfer on the changes. Some retired. But, anyone on lay-off has been recalled a couple to three years ago, many had found other jobs they were satisfied with as well. The Company has and is trying to hire in almost all Regions across the Nation. There are Banners hanging on every Term. fence in the East. In Carlisle, we have a Pup with the Banner on it parked up on the PA. Tpke side.

calling bs there sugar.
they had over 300 on layoff in charlotte after the last change 90% never returned and have had to move on .the other 10% are still working hit and miss one a week off a week

Ok, sorry to hear that info. The Charlotte drivers that come to Carlisle never said that. I will ask them this week for sure.
thanks Longblade.
In Solidarity Always.