FedEx Freight | If we MERGE

complete merger over 110+ national terminals are being combined and 1500+ employees are being misplaced or laid off most the drivers will go over to the freight side how they work the senority dont know but we will see.as for the scms,oms,sups and clerical people most are losing their jobs some are being offered jobs. your scm will confirm this with everyone in the AM tomorrow. Good luck!

FEDEX1 OUT!

complete merger over 110+ national terminals are being combined and 1500+ employees are being misplaced or laid off most the drivers will go over to the freight side how they work the senority dont know but we will see.as for the scms,oms,sups and clerical people most are losing their jobs some are being offered jobs. your scm will confirm this with everyone in the AM tomorrow. Good luck!

FEDEX1 OUT!
If we arent there will he call us at home?....lol

they might call you in for an hour to watch some dumb video about the merger. Than have you empty trash sweep out trailers, dock and apron.

Last edited by a moderator:
@FEDEX1 - thanks for posting. Is this going to occur immediately or in Dec/Jan?

At the risk of sounding like a @ss kisser (because, truth be known, Jeff really doesn't care for me that much and never will....for good reason), Jeff had nothing whatsoever to do with these rumors and posts. Frankly, you'd be hard pressed to find his participation in the discussion. The discussion and rumors were started and fed by the members....... simple as that. What Jeff does with his web site is his business. But to suggest that somehow he manufactured this to generate posts belies the fact that there are thousands of members, and 12 here currently. Do the math. The most active board currently and ever is the YRC board. If he was going to start some stuff just to get members, he'd likely start there....... one would think.

And, yes, the joke is on you. And you will not appreciate the punch line.

I don't even remember what we were at odds about, probably politics, but I have been wrong before and probably could have been then, you are correct in your assumption that people put far too much focus on me, I am just like every driver on this website.... I am just a driver, no special inside sources in Fedex, no info what is going on behind the scenes, thats the members job, I build it & keep it running and the members bring the content, or rumors and we pick through it for accuracy...

I don't dislike you at all nobody, we all have bad days, maybe I had a bad day that day and over reacted, you are a good member and I appreciate you and all of the members here.

He could be correct! Does anyone know how many terminals and employees National has?

FEDEX1 - that was a killer first post btw! ;) Do you know if they are announcing the terminals that are to be closed, or only the plan to close them? Also, did you hear this from a source within Freight or National? My SCM is claiming to know nothing about it...

they have about 130sc and a ton of relays and employess i dont know but its well over 1500.

Thanks, I suppose the relay yard that I work out of will be among the first to go and since there are no adequate facilities to merge into, I may need to chase work... :(

all small and med size eol sc will be combined and from what i heard that large sc and breaks are going to be left alone for now i cannot tell you if i get my info from freight or national i can tell you that i know what i am talking about i will tell you i told you so at 0900 EST tomorrow.

FEDEX1 - that was a killer first post btw! ;) Do you know if they are announcing the terminals that are to be closed, or only the plan to close them? Also, did you hear this from a source within Freight or National? My SCM is claiming to know nothing about it...

Im with you steelmiller, on the first post! Blowing smoke??? I would hope not,I guess only time will tell. Our SCM knows nothing about all of this either. Is he blowing smoke? Ive never known a SCM to lie or not give out info as needed:biglaugh:, or is this one of those need to know basis things?

LOL Steel I was wondering what the "10" reference meant as well !!!

I could clear it up a bit I guess. Although 10 was an estimate I think the real number is 8. Now to get to what that number means... Well 8 is how many FXNL terminals will be left open. As to time frame for all this to happen it will be January 31.

fedex you are correct just a hand full of national sc left and old news by 0900 i will post at 0900 i told you all so!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and all the managers know you are just at home and have not gotten that phone call yet lol stick by the phone buddy