XPO | If XPO doesn't Rock us then go for the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
The union has no power because the employees will accept anything because they are all so close to retirement. Until the baby boomers get out of the job market things are going to remain the way they are. Tell me that these cowards would have taken that MOU 20 years ago. 20 years ago, just tabling that thing, people would have died.
I think most of he YRC senior men who could take retirement did so . I know that very soon after I retired with in a month probably a dozen more went and that's going on 7 years now . So whats left are the new guys that are holding up the company and its up to them to fight what Hoffa is doing to them . The more members that are in the Teamsters will force Hoffa to do whats best for the rank and file .

I was just saying.
Bigtruk , in my opinion if there's a union or not makes no difference - it's the people involved from the bottom to the top.

For example ( check the union company Boards and the non-union company Boards - our main issues are the same compensation , benefits , and retirement )

What's stupid is how much energy we spend fighting amongst ourselves when we have so much in common. No matter if we're in a union or not , we should ( and haven't ) do more to help our profession : Professional Commercial Drivers.

There's millions of Professional Commercial Drivers that have no desire to deal with another big business(union) on top of the company they work for BUT for the right reasons , would sacrifice blood , sweat , and tears to make our industry better.

For the union recruiters , focus on what we have in common. For those along for the ride in the union - fix it. As much as unions have done for the working man and woman , you owe it to everyone involved to not be the very thing that you fight against : a large greedy organization that just benefits the guy on the inside and the fat cats on top. Protect the little guy , fight for what's right and fair , and be open and honest.

We at the non-union companies are here for you - no recruitment needed - when you are ready we will run to you.

Maybe just maybe if you all would go union.Maybe you all could thwart the acquisition of Conway from XPO.If not a Teamster maybe the Machinist union.All kinds of unions out there to hook up with.

I want this to happen. I would be sad if it didn't. If not XPO it would be someone else.

You all just hope and pray that you all have a job after its all said in done.Im watching and all of us at other ltl companies are watching.Its a shame to what all that has happened to all working people in America.Corporate heads have gained way more than the economy allowed.All the while us working people have been given the shaft or shown the door.God Bless you all.
I would imagine the terminals that already voted the union in will mysterious not be needed in the new operations.
Pretty amazing just how far Conway will go to avoid the dreaded 'third party'! "Let's sell the company, that'll fix those greedy drivers!" And now the Board of Directors are under investigation...you can't script it any better than this!!! Stay tuned, fellas!

Anyone who thinks drivers will be better off is dreaming! Superior Court Judge Jay M. Bloom in January ruled that employees at Pacer Cartage should have been classified as employees. XPO Logistics, which owns Pacer Cartage and Harbor Rail Transport, was ordered to pay $2 million in damages because they should not have classified truckers as independent contractors. The judge ordered Pacer to pay the seven drivers named in the suit damages for loss of wages and benefits that ranged between $85,632 to $387,936.
I read this piece and as a Conway employee, driving company owned equipment and having none of my money at risk, I'm not worried about it. I think your post is irrelevant to the discussion.

Perhaps if the Union was voted in a year ago, with a carefully and properly worded Successor Clause, you guys wouldn't be sweating bullets right now.
Seems to me, guys such as yourself are the ones worrying. Most of the employees, which you are not, are taking a wait and see approach. Stop disrupting this forum. Consider this a warning.

I read this piece and as a Conway employee, driving company owned equipment and having none of my money at risk, I'm not worried about it. I think your post is irrelevant to the discussion.
A judge ruled XPO's "contractors" were employees and ordered XPO to pay them $2 million in damages. This kind of treatment of drivers seems relevant in a union or non-union discussion. Just another opinion!

Seems to me, guys such as yourself are the ones worrying. Most of the employees, which you are not, are taking a wait and see approach. Stop disrupting this forum. Consider this a warning.
Definition of disrupting: "to interrupt the normal progress of something". I would hardly consider my post as disruptive. More along the line of a contribution, and merely my opinion. And I think I'm qualified to speak on my behalf, since I was employed there for 3 years. It's an open forum, upnorth, and as long as people don't use profanity or hurl insults, we should all be able to post here. Again, just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.