XPO | If XPO doesn't Rock us then go for the Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
A judge ruled XPO's "contractors" were employees and ordered XPO to pay them $2 million in damages. This kind of treatment of drivers seems relevant in a union or non-union discussion. Just another opinion!

Except you are comparing O/O to company drivers. This article you have says drivers were misclassified. And that it was made right. Without Union assistance.

I read this piece and as a Conway employee, driving company owned equipment and having none of my money at risk, I'm not worried about it. I think your post is irrelevant to the discussion.

He thinks the union letting these guys pay the unions lawyers to represent them in court counts as a union victory.

He thinks the union letting these guys pay the unions lawyers to represent them in court counts as a union victory.
A superior court judge THINKS XPO screwed people driving for them out of 2 million dollars o/o's or not. I really don't believe XPO will stop screwing drivers just because it's Conway. I hope I'm wrong. Again just an opinion

Maybe the new xpo wont force drivers to work an illegal 16 hour day once per week.
Its not illegal. Pull out your copy the FMCSR and go to the hours of service section. Its called the shorthaul exception and is completely legal as long as you start and finish at the same domicile every day. You see, we get to go home every single day on linehaul. We are not running all over Gods green earth for a week before we get to sleep in our own beds.

It has been surprising to me how many people that work somewhere else have such a keen interest in to what is going on at our place. So many say I was an employee for X years. They can't get over how much they hated it here and can't understand why those of us who choose to stay do so. It boggles my simple mind.

A superior court judge THINKS XPO screwed people driving for them out of 2 million dollars o/o's or not. I really don't believe XPO will stop screwing drivers just because it's Conway. I hope I'm wrong. Again just an opinion

And we are all clearly company drivers. So your opinion. It's misplaced.

It has been surprising to me how many people that work somewhere else have such a keen interest in to what is going on at our place. So many say I was an employee for X years. They can't get over how much they hated it here and can't understand why those of us who choose to stay do so. It boggles my simple mind.

I stay because I choose to. I could choose otherwise. I'd rather not.

And we are all clearly company drivers. So your opinion. It's misplaced.
All of these guys are misplaced. I am not anti-union which anyone could see from some of my previous posts but that talk is pointless now. There is a new sheriff in Conway town and I for one am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt to treat us with respect, provide good benefits, and pay us well. That is all I really want.

I stay because I choose to. I could choose otherwise. I'd rather not.
I stay because I make a very good living here. I stay because its all basically the same wherever you go. When I ran the city, it did not matter what company driver you talked to, we all griped and complained about the same things except the lack of OT pay whch is an issue at some carriers and for our people in the south.

Another teason I stay is because I can hop on linehaul for a few years and then go back to the city or hostle if that is what I want and not lose my senority like you do at so many other outfits.

Like it or not, radman...this 'transition' will have a major effect on how business is done at 'XPO-Way Freight'. One quick way for XPO to 'recoup' some of the billions it spent to buy Conway Freight is to cut wages and benefits immediately. Those savings are realized instantly. Brace for impact, boys!

Another teason I stay is because I can hop on linehaul for a few years and then go back to the city or hostle if that is what I want and not lose my senority like you do at so many other outfits.
We can do the very same thing, radman. In fact, it's SENIORITY that gives us the right to do just that.

Like it or not, radman...this 'transition' will have a major effect on how business is done at 'XPO-Way Freight'. One quick way for XPO to 'recoup' some of the billions it spent to buy Conway Freight is to cut wages and benefits immediately. Those savings are realized instantly. Brace for impact, boys!

The guy has already said he will honor our entire compensation package for one year after acquisition.

Do you read any of this or just get drunk and type whatever ?

Like it or not, radman...this 'transition' will have a major effect on how business is done at 'XPO-Way Freight'. One quick way for XPO to 'recoupe' some of the billions it spent to buy Conway Freight is to cut wages and benefits immediately. Those savings are realized instantly. Brace for impact, boys!
Again , another way to "recoup" billions is to run the company more efficiently - do a better job competing with other companies externally. Waste less money internally.

Last edited:
And again, your wrong. If you actually worked here, instead of spewing ::shit:: out of your mouth and disrupting the forum, you would know what they have already told us. Now, **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.