Yellow | International Proposes a Third Round of YRC Concessions

I got laid off at yellow, went to ups freight (big mistake) now at fedex. Im telling you when fedex, conway, can move 1300 bills in 8 hours, the line drivers help on the dock the hostlers help on the dock, and if you don't move so much freight per hour they fire you. How the hell can yrc compete with this. Before i got layed off some off the hostlers would break 4 sets of triples in eight hours and do 20-25 dock moves per 8 hours shift. (fedex 50 moves moves per hour) lots of guys couldn't even move 4 bills an hour (8-12 bills an hour at fedex) and management did nothing about it. I would love my job back at yrc but just can't see that happening.

and if you don't move so much freight per hour they fire you.

:popcorn: Sounds like a good company to work for.. 1300 bills an hour and fed-ex freight still cant make money Maybe dollar bill can go over there and show them how to do it...

I got laid off at yellow, went to ups freight (big mistake) now at fedex. Im telling you when fedex, conway, can move 1300 bills in 8 hours, the line drivers help on the dock the hostlers help on the dock, and if you don't move so much freight per hour they fire you. How the hell can yrc compete with this. Before i got layed off some off the hostlers would break 4 sets of triples in eight hours and do 20-25 dock moves per 8 hours shift. (fedex 50 moves moves per hour) lots of guys couldn't even move 4 bills an hour (8-12 bills an hour at fedex) and management did nothing about it. I would love my job back at yrc but just can't see that happening.
With all the illegals coming into the country working for dirt cheap, it makes it hard for anyone and everyone to compete. Every corporate trucking company wants the Mexican/NAFTA work rules applied to everyone in the US.

I have to question the 50 moves a hour. Thats almost 1 a minute. I'm from Missouri, show me. PS: You left UPS Freight! But don't they have the best contract ever now!!!

Don't forget Joe to throw in that it was the onion's chosen messiah's party that fought tooth and nail for deregulation with that buck-toothed idiot signing it in 79-80! Especially that old fat tub of guts and I got away with murder of a young girl teddy(just my opinion of course)trying to get back at the real Hoffa. And this stupid moronic onion still backs the democraps. Not that the republican'ts are much better. What has the onion's messiah done for you lately?

Actually between Obama and Hoffa working ogether a bunch of stuff has passed which are in unions favor...more than Bush or clinton ever would have thought of..or Reagan so it is a good team, if it holds out and somehow we peull threw this.....but a bunch of pro-union stuff has passed since Obama has been in...more than any of the other Presidents back to and including Reagan.

I got laid off at yellow, went to ups freight (big mistake) now at fedex. Im telling you when fedex, conway, can move 1300 bills in 8 hours, the line drivers help on the dock the hostlers help on the dock, and if you don't move so much freight per hour they fire you. How the hell can yrc compete with this. Before i got laid off some off the hostlers would break 4 sets of triples in eight hours and do 20-25 dock moves per 8 hours shift. (fedex 50 moves moves per hour) lots of guys couldn't even move 4 bills an hour (8-12 bills an hour at fedex) and management did nothing about it. I would love my job back at yrc but just can't see that happening.
That ain't no way to work..I could care less if the customers or the company wants it..It causes injuries and there is no need for anybody to have to rush around like that..that is stone age slave driving mentality that does not look out for the guy doing the work at all..he is the one who will not be able to work when an idiot runs over his feet or he pulls his same muscles over and over or destroys his back or shoulders....that is no good for guys and you and them fools fedex guys know that..there's nothing wrong with allowing guys to move freight without acting like the whip is on the back..that is going backwards...this is not small parcel..this is freight and it will kill ya. PERIOD...no need to rush it. Look what all the rushing got 1700 fedex guys this week....a quicker trip to the unemployment line..or else move and to the bottom of the list in some other town...that's what all the hustle got them...unemployed quicker...and some disabled alot quicker too i'm sure...just a week of so ago a guy got crushed hooking in a story on here...he or somebody probably hurried him right up to the grave.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the illegals coming into the country working for dirt cheap, it makes it hard for anyone and everyone to compete. Every corporate trucking company wants the Mexican/NAFTA work rules applied to everyone in the US.
its like a pinata exploded in this country , our government needs too round these border jumpers up and send them back to mexico, and then seal the border once and for all.

its like a pinata exploded in this country , our government needs too round these border jumpers up and send them back to mexico, and then seal the border once and for all.
No can do! That could cost the Administration some votes. Not going to happen.

big red you are full of shi*............I use to hostle and on a good day I could only move around 12-14 moves and hour.........You just want to stirup some crap and we do not appreciate your lies on our board...........Go away and die........nuff said

It is also because they know they can. They have the right environment and they know drivers are scared for their jobs. Kind of like the right place at the right time. This is the right time to break the union. Or make their wages and benefits so low they are ineffective.

this is all true bro, except the part about breaking the union..the union will be here long after YRC if YRC goes

one negotiates from a position of strength only..in business and in war

but business is war

YRC is not in a position of strength at the moment..they got battered bad by evil forces

the union knows it-God knows it and we should know it

it is not the time to attack..wait till they're on their feet again then we hit back

this is all true bro, except the part about breaking the union..the union will be here long after YRC if YRC goes

one negotiates from a position of strength only..in business and in war

but business is war

YRC is not in a position of strength at the moment..they got battered bad by evil forces

the union knows it-God knows it and we should know it

it is not the time to attack..wait till they're on their feet again then we hit back

Very good point...

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong (I've only been a Teamster for 15 years, I joined at 23) but has any freight company that has been on a giveback ever gone off the giveback and restored full wages? I don't think so, but maybe someone knows of this situation at some freight company at some point in time where wages were restored. I would say that instead of the International just asking for Zollars to resign and give him a multi-million dollar parachute, we should insist that management percentages be put in line with rank and file workforce numbers; not the present situation of lay off half the Teamsters and keep majority of the management, especially the high dollar guys.

this all makes me sick . and any1 who thinks that giving them more of my money to waste is a good idea makes me sick too.
if they havent been able to right this ship with all the give backs what makes any1 think that 5 more years down the road it will be better.
FedEx's Fate Up in the Air (BA, CNW, FDX, UPS, YRCW)
FedEx delivers
"Improved global economic conditions" helped FedEx reap "higher volumes and better revenue per shipment" than last year. Revenue of $9.46 billion grew 18% year over year, and because with higher volumes come better utilization and greater "leverage," FedEx was able to add 270 basis points to its operating margin for the quarter, which now stands at 6.6%. Long story short, FedEx did everything it promised us last quarter.
Im not asking for much , only whats coming to me by contract is all .
THE WASTE OF OUR HARD EARNED MONEY WILL NEVER STOP UNLESS WE ALL SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND HELL NO TO MORE GIVE BACKS ". if driving a truck is your whole life then is this dump goes belly up im pretty sure that some else will be handling all of our freight and will need drivers .
seems that many are willing to work here till they die and still end up with nothing .
pay the rate or close the gate and let the rest of us move on with our lifes.

It ain't about what the company wants..that's not the issue

if you don't trust the union's say on this

fawgeddabouditt

the
ibt.gif
is not out to screw you

You're right, the IBT is not out to screw you. There just there to

help you bend over so that you don't fall over and hurt yourself!!