Yellow | Is 705 following their work?

[quote author=wolf link=topic=81979.msg847147#msg847147 date=1279205133]
I only run into the Ridge for a week vacation replacement, so not much expertise on it. Would tolls increase significantly for the "company" if 309 was closed down and moved to the Ridge? I'm thinking not all freight goes to Chicago, some is just passing through. Asking for my own education. :popcorn:
[/quote]

From Indiana, yes. To 309 we use either I-80/94, US 30 or "go thru the woods", therefore not using the toll roads.
That would be the only change I can see.

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=81979.msg847078#msg847078 date=1279165935]
With all that rail work going to Santa Fe Willow it's only 10 to 15 minutes from gate to gate . If they calculated on the savings of fuel per mile on those trucks coming from the heights to the Willow in a very short time the saving alone would pay for all necessary terminal repairs . [don't ya think?] :stir:
[/quote]Excellent point Pup. It makes sense to me to be closer to the customers and the other intermodal services,which YRC greatly depends on. 301 is in a better location than 309 is to service customers,and to use the other intermodal services. It would be beneficial to YRC to go back to 301. Fuel costs and stem time would lowered where the peddle time would increase. Every LTL trucking company makes their profits on the peddle time,anyway. At this day and age it is all about the customers. YRC needs to re-establish customer base relationships in order to make a profit and get back into expanding their success.

Chicago Heights close to I 80, Chicago Ridge on top of toll road and close to a very profitable Boilingbrook terminal. Zollars and Smid both dislike 705 and 710, CARE TO DISPUTE THAT!!!

[quote author=Hoosierky link=topic=81979.msg847154#msg847154 date=1279206940]
From Indiana, yes. To 309 we use either I-80/94, US 30 or "go thru the woods", therefore not using the toll roads.
That would be the only change I can see.
[/quote]Thanks Hoosierky! :thumbsup: From my own limited knowledge all our freight from Mi that went past Chicago was toll free. Except for the "Utility" stuff, that went to the Ridge via toll roads. I even thought my meet with the Wisconsin guys would have been toll free if we had met in the Heights. Just trying to understand why being 30 miles closer to the city operation would be better for the company than toll free. All else being equal it is a no brainer to me, throw tax incentives etc into it may change the equation. Please guys don't get mad..........educate me. :grouphug:

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=81979.msg847174#msg847174 date=1279213408]
Chicago Heights close to I 80, Chicago Ridge on top of toll road and close to a very profitable Boilingbrook terminal. Zollars and Smid both dislike 705 and 710, CARE TO DISPUTE THAT!!!
[/quote]I don't think BZ hates to make money. Money talks and BS walks,and I am not interested on taking a stroll to another trucking company just yet either. First off Boilingbrook is a satellite terminal, not a breakbulk terminal. Boilingbrook is only profitable,because YRC took the work away form the Ridge and Montgomery to begin with. Look at the stock numbers, changes are going to have to be made in order to save the business. Most of YRC's paying customers are on the southwest side of Chicago. Let me ask you a question,spiracer? If you owned a trucking company and someone offered you a tax free property to operate a breakbulk terminal,would you consider it? Knowing that Chicago is in the middle of all intermodal services. Who gives a crap about I-80, the Heights isn't operating on a tax free lot. Production at a lesser cost is the key. 301 have a city lot and a line haul lot. Also 301 had a bigger shop to fix equipment. Another words there is more room to work,rather than to have everyone working on top of one another. I would think if people wanted their salaries and pension back faster, changes will have to be made for YRC to become more profitable. Plus, the Ridge had more businesses/customers surrounding them. Spiracer, if you worried about going to work and having to use the toll roads, just use YRC's I-Pass that they gave everyone. I always did.

[quote author=wolf link=topic=81979.msg847178#msg847178 date=1279214658]
Thanks Hoosierky! :thumbsup: From my own limited knowledge all our freight from Mi that went past Chicago was toll free. Except for the "Utility" stuff, that went to the Ridge via toll roads. I even thought my meet with the Wisconsin guys would have been toll free if we had met in the Heights. Just trying to understand why being 30 miles closer to the city operation would be better for the company than toll free. All else being equal it is a no brainer to me, throw tax incentives etc into it may change the equation. Please guys don't get mad..........educate me. :grouphug:
[/quote]There are ways around the toll roads. Toll roads isn't the issue, productivity is. Most of the customer base of operations are located off of I-55 and I-294, not so much off of I-80. Remember peddle time is $, not the stem time. 309 doesn't have businesses/paying customers surrounding them,actually they don't have a lot of anything surrounding them. Unless the strip bar "Club Atlantis" that is at the end of the road becomes our #1 customer base of operations. I know I was one of their #1 customers for a while. I use to bobtail in there all the time and take my break, until one night the Relay Mgr. Dave R. went in there and gave me a damn warning letter over it. :biglaugh:

I don't know what ILL. tolls are today for a 5 axle , I think the last time I went through a booth it was 4 plus dollars . But you would think that after they average the per mile plus the tolls it doesn't make any sense not to come back to CGB . The only far run that CGB would have would be the Kankakee run and its surrounding towns and some of those Indiana runs . And Mango there's no possible way that would be 5 mil. unless its an inside job connected to one of the big shots at YRC . Then again why did they close 51st, street only to truck it back 40 miles ? :rant:

[quote author=Club WPT link=topic=81979.msg847198#msg847198 date=1279224003]
There are ways around the toll roads. Toll roads isn't the issue, productivity is. Most of the customer base of operations are located off of I-55 and I-294, not so much off of I-80. Remember peddle time is $, not the stem time. 309 doesn't have businesses/paying customers surrounding them,actually they don't have a lot of anything surrounding them. Unless the strip bar "Club Atlantis" that is at the end of the road becomes our #1 customer base of operations. I know I was one of their #1 customers for a while. I use to bobtail in there all the time and take my break, until one night the Relay Mgr. Dave R. went in there and gave me a damn warning letter over it. :biglaugh:
[/quote]All your points seem to address the city operation and I had assumed the breakbulk would be involved too. Adding cost to my frieght so your frieght saves some is giving me pause. Being from a state absent toll roads I feel they are a big deal, guess you guys are used to them. And the letter you got was for only putting a dollar in the Bosses wifes G-string. Next time, throw a five in there, the Boss knows full well what you make and you insulted him............A DOLLAR....SHEESH!!!! :nono:

As it stands now 309 picks up 300-400 bills a nite, bolingbrook something like 700-800 most of which comes from the bedford pk / bridgeview/ s. side of Chicago area, Chicago heights will never pay for itself with 300 pickups a nite, the Ridge at its height at Yellow was picking up 1000+ a nite and making money even with all the rail and satelite frt flowing daily... 309 cannot pay for itself no matter what anyone says

[quote author=Club WPT link=topic=81979.msg847251#msg847251 date=1279239276]
Wolf,there isn't any tolls on I-94, I-55,and I-57. There are many ways to get to 301 without paying any tolls.
[/quote]When I ran in there I could not get in without going by a toll booth. I admit I did'nt know my way around. Even if I continued west till just before the Scale then north I hade to cross one. (Sorry don't remember the route) I will say I would rather run there than the Heights, for no paticlar reason, just seemed to be more orginzed. Probably an unfair camparison as by then it was only a Utility operation and, I understand, a shell of its former self. Thanks all for the education. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Club WPT link=topic=81979.msg847182#msg847182 date=1279215809]
I don't think BZ hates to make money. Money talks and BS walks,and I am not interested on taking a stroll to another trucking company just yet either. First off Boilingbrook is a satellite terminal, not a breakbulk terminal. Boilingbrook is only profitable,because YRC took the work away form the Ridge and Montgomery to begin with. Look at the stock numbers, changes are going to have to be made in order to save the business. Most of YRC's paying customers are on the southwest side of Chicago. Let me ask you a question,spiracer? If you owned a trucking company and someone offered you a tax free property to operate a breakbulk terminal,would you consider it? Knowing that Chicago is in the middle of all intermodal services. Who gives a crap about I-80, the Heights isn't operating on a tax free lot. Production at a lesser cost is the key. 301 have a city lot and a line haul lot. Also 301 had a bigger shop to fix equipment. Another words there is more room to work,rather than to have everyone working on top of one another. I would think if people wanted their salaries and pension back faster, changes will have to be made for YRC to become more profitable. Plus, the Ridge had more businesses/customers surrounding them. Spiracer, if you worried about going to work and having to use the toll roads, just use YRC's I-Pass that they gave everyone. I always did.

[/quote]I don't think using their I-pass is a good suggestion for personal use . ABF had a guy doing that very thing and one day the I-pass camera picked up on that . The vehicle didn't belong to the owner of the pass . They checked employees licenses plate numbers and they nailed the guy . They caned him and I don't think he got back . :stir:

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=81979.msg847293#msg847293 date=1279247029]
I don't think using their I-pass is a good suggestion for personal use . ABF had a guy doing that very thing and one day the I-pass camera picked up on that . The vehicle didn't belong to the owner of the pass . They checked employees licenses plate numbers and they nailed the guy . They caned him and I don't think he got back . :stir:
[/quote]I look at it as this. If YRC can't pay my full salary and pension,then they can start paying my tolls. :stir: :biglaugh:

705 and 710 dockworkers are paid a higher wage. Lets compare Boilingbrooks P&d numbers to all of 705. Yes, all the freight in Chicago is only around Chicago Ridge. Everybody believes that one. Oh, I forgot Boilingbrook is in southwest Chicago. Lets just forget about ELK GROVE VILLAGE and NORTH WEST INDIANA or The SOUTH SIDE OF CHICAGO. Chicago Heights has more land and dock space!!!!!!!! For the money it would take to reopen that dump Chicago Ridge, they could build a new terminal in Lake county IL. combine 316, 354, and 303 and pull even more work away from 705 and 710. ******************************************************

I have no idea what brought on the cuss filled rant at the end of your post !

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=81979.msg847488#msg847488 date=1279312931]
705 and 710 dockworkers are paid a higher wage. Lets compare Boilingbrooks P&d numbers to all of 705. Yes, all the freight in Chicago is only around Chicago Ridge. Everybody believes that one. Oh, I forgot Boilingbrook is in southwest Chicago. Lets just forget about ELK GROVE VILLAGE and NORTH WEST INDIANA or The SOUTH SIDE OF CHICAGO. Chicago Heights has more land and dock space!!!!!!!! For the money it would take to reopen that dump Chicago Ridge, they could build a new terminal in Lake county IL. combine 316, 354, and 303 and pull even more work away from 705 and 710. ******************************************************

I have no idea what brought on the cuss filled rant at the end of your post !
[/quote]
The reason 309 will always be the preferred location for YRC is because I-80 is a primary east-west lane. Think about how many bids there are going east on I-80 or going west on I-80. Why would they add tolls for NO reason and add mileage, too? Too many people think that wishing and wanting will change reality. If YRC closes 309 it won't be to reopen that dinosaur in Chicago Ridge. The reasons to close 309 will no doubt include some of the points spiracer raises. :popcorn:

Wow spiracer,with an answer like that,I am starting to wonder if the YRC Bolingbrook terminal has their employees watching the anti-union videos like Conway has with their employees. Must be a BZ company boy, then. :biglaugh: Because I know union brothers don't talk like that. Yes, Bolingbrook is on the SW-side of Chicago. Again it is only a satellite terminal, not a breakbulk. They got their success by stealing work/freight away from the Teamsters that were in Montgomery terminal and the Ridge terminal. Anotherwords,it wasn't Bolingbrooks freight to begin with. Then of course Local 705 winning the lawsuit against YRC in Chicago, things are subjected to change. Sorry,but the YRC Bolingbrook terminal is just as guilty as Drew Peterson on this one. :biglaugh:

[quote author=Club WPT link=topic=81979.msg847529#msg847529 date=1279319747]
Wow spiracer,with an answer like that,I am starting to wonder if the YRC Bolingbrook terminal has their employees watching the anti-union videos like Conway has with their employees. Must be a BZ company boy, then. :biglaugh: Because I know union brothers don't talk like that. Yes, Bolingbrook is on the SW-side of Chicago. Again it is only a satellite terminal, not a breakbulk. They got their success by stealing work/freight away from the Teamsters that were in Montgomery terminal and the Ridge terminal. Anotherwords,it wasn't Bolingbrooks freight to begin with. Then of course Local 705 winning the lawsuit against YRC in Chicago, things are subjected to change. Sorry,but the YRC Bolingbrook terminal is just as guilty as Drew Peterson on this one. :biglaugh:
[/quote]YRC is using Boilingbrook against me!!! I am a 710 road driver and I had a much better bid when Chicago Ridge was up and running. I want Chicago Ridge to reopen and keep Chicago Heights going. I want was is best for all!!! What do you want? Yellow to be the lone surviver of the big 3?

After reading all these RUMORS about 705 winning a lawsuit I did a search and this is all I could find that they won lately .

Local 705 Wins Retiree Lawsuit : http://teamsterslocal705.org/local-705-wins-retiree-lawsuit

LOCAL 705 WINS SUBCONTRACTING ARBITRATION : http://teamsterslocal705.org/705-wins-subcontracting-arbitration

And I found some for Individuals Teamsters for injuries but nothing about YRC VS Local 705 . So can anyone IN THE KNOW point all of us in the right direction as to the settlement we keep hearing ( posting ) about ?

[quote author=albag link=topic=81979.msg847518#msg847518 date=1279318404]
The reason 309 will always be the preferred location for YRC is because I-80 is a primary east-west lane. Think about how many bids there are going east on I-80 or going west on I-80. Why would they add tolls for NO reason and add mileage, too? Too many people think that wishing and wanting will change reality. If YRC closes 309 it won't be to reopen that dinosaur in Chicago Ridge. The reasons to close 309 will no doubt include some of the points spiracer raises. :popcorn:
[/quote]Albag,your talking about stem time. A company doesn't make money on stem time. They make all their profits on peddle time,and also using a tax free area to have a breakbulk terminal,would help in a great deal. Do you want me to explain the difference between the two? Chicago is the bussiest city for the flow of freight. New York-Chicago-Los Angelos. Look at the stock numbers, YRC needs all the help they can get to regenerate some business. Do you agree? I will say that the dinosaur terminal 301,had more customers near them,than the Heights ever had. Having customers is what saves and builds a company.