Yellow | Is 705 following their work?

Line haul and dock time decide the movement of freight, P&D is all done in one shift. If you knew Chicago and wanted to talk about P&D, how about reopening 51 street terminal?

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=81979.msg847546#msg847546 date=1279323338]
YRC is using Boilingbrook against me!!! I am a 710 road driver and I had a much better bid when Chicago Ridge was up and running. I want Chicago Ridge to reopen and keep Chicago Heights going. I want was is best for all!!! What do you want? Yellow to be the lone surviver of the big 3?
[/quote][quote author=spiracer link=topic=81979.msg847580#msg847580 date=1279327370]
Line haul and dock time decide the movement of freight, P&D is all done in one shift. If you knew Chicago and wanted to talk about P&D, how about reopening 51 street terminal?
[/quote]Driver,you have some issues. I am not trying to start an inside YRC War with you. Who cares if 301 was a Yellow terminal. It is all about how to increase business. Even if 301 was a Roadway terminal,I would saying the same thing. Now would the 51st St. terminal you speak of, be tax free to run the operation there?
Ah NO, would be the answer I was looking for. I guess that answers that question,now doesn't it?

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=81979.msg847588#msg847588 date=1279328816]
What the hell makes you think Chicago Ridge is a tax free area? The whole Chicago area is cashed strapped!
[/quote]The Mayor of Chicago Ridge offered YRC tax free to move the operations back there. Customers, resturants, bars, stores, and a lot of other businesses that depended on YRC for so many years, are now suffering, ever since YRC left Chicago Ridge. YRC would be helping themselves, employees, and the community around them. Can you tell what businesses would be suffering if YRC left the Chicago Heights? Oh wait, there is no businesses that would depend on YRC in Chicago Heights,except maybe the strip club. :biglaugh: Chicago Heights isn't an area where I would want to stop to have any type of business in. Unless of course, if I was a drug dealer or a pimp,then there would be all kinds of good business.

Club WPT the " Mayor " can promise anything he want's as far as " local taxes " but remember YRC will still pay the bulk of there taxes to Cook County and the State of Illinois ! Illinois is so broke it now has a $13 billion budget deficit so any "tax" break would be minimal at best .

I guess the question that needs to be answered is what makes anyone believe that YRC would care about supporting businesses in Chicago Ridge? Community involvement and support were never a concern. And to respond to the issue of stem time I think spiracer already addressed that; Bolingbrook, Wheeling, Libertyville, and Crystal Lake give YRC the coverage needed. :popcorn: Also 5% less in wages at all those terminals adds up quick. So does the flexability of combo drivers at all except Wheeling.

[quote author=mud link=topic=81979.msg847626#msg847626 date=1279334894]
Club WPT..........De'ja' vu.........is he back?
[/quote]

I hope not but I will be on watch :biglaugh:

flashcar.gif

[quote author=albag link=topic=81979.msg847623#msg847623 date=1279334640]
I guess the question that needs to be answered is what makes anyone believe that YRC would care about supporting businesses in Chicago Ridge? Community involvement and support were never a concern. And to respond to the issue of stem time I think spiracer already addressed that; Bolingbrook, Wheeling, Libertyville, and Crystal Lake give YRC the coverage needed. :popcorn: Also 5% less in wages at all those terminals adds up quick. So does the flexability of combo drivers at all except Wheeling.
[/quote]Only a bad attitude can create a bad business. I can't understand on the way a lot of you people think. The best advertisement for any business is word of mouth. Community involvement would be the best thing going for YRC. Get people talking about good things about YRC. I notice on one of the other topics on this site,about how this idiot talking crap about YRC and the Teamsters. All I keep hearing from other people is,when is YRC going out of business? I don't know about you,but I am getting sick and tired of hearing it. I would like to give these so called professional know-it-alls a shutup ::shit:: burger to eat some day. Albag this post isn't directed towards you, it is just about things in general. I just think YRC would do better business wise,if they made that change back to 301.

[quote author=spiracer link=topic=81979.msg847580#msg847580 date=1279327370]
[/quote] If there is anyone here on T/B that can have any intelligent answer/ reason why they closed a city terminal in the middle of the southwest side of Chicago please speak your piece . That terminal has been in the same location since the early 1950's if not sooner. O, by the way there ain't no more terminal at 3400 west 51st. street it's just a flat piece of ground . Just an example of more idiotic planing from the company that Dollar Bill bought . :poke:

[quote author=Club WPT link=topic=81979.msg847597#msg847597 date=1279330265]
The Mayor of Chicago Ridge offered YRC tax free to move the operations back there. Customers, resturants, bars, stores, and a lot of other businesses that depended on YRC for so many years, are now suffering, ever since YRC left Chicago Ridge. YRC would be helping themselves, employees, and the community around them. Can you tell what businesses would be suffering if YRC left the Chicago Heights? Oh wait, there is no businesses that would depend on YRC in Chicago Heights,except maybe the strip club. :biglaugh: Chicago Heights isn't an area where I would want to stop to have any type of business in. Unless of course, if I was a drug dealer or a pimp,then there would be all kinds of good business.
[/quote] I think they would be liable for Crook County Taxes but Chicago Ridge would give YRC a TIF and that adds up to a lot of savings . plus their insurance would be lower due to the better area . Who do you thinks gets the better insurance rates the people of Chicago Ridge , Palos Hills, Worth or one of the highest crime rated areas the state of Illinois has to offer . Yes the surrounding towns business have lost a lot of business because of closing up CGB we had 1500 people working and shopping there . The way the city fathers see it's loss of business means a loss of tax revenues . Can any of you CGB haters honestly say that you feel more comfortable or safer letting your daughter or wife go walking around Ford Height, Chicago Heights or Saulk Village day time or night time or how about those days when the family comes to pick ya after work . Or would they be more safer in Chicago Ridge Palos Hills or Worth ?

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=81979.msg847609#msg847609 date=1279331949]
Club WPT the " Mayor " can promise anything he want's as far as " local taxes " but remember YRC will still pay the bulk of there taxes to Cook County and the State of Illinois ! Illinois is so broke it now has a $13 billion budget deficit so any "tax" break would be minimal at best .
[/quote]I think one of the Chicago locals still owns that lot.

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=81979.msg847666#msg847666 date=1279346903]
I think they would be liable for Crook County Taxes but Chicago Ridge would give YRC a TIF and that adds up to a lot of savings . plus their insurance would be lower due to the better area . Who do you thinks gets the better insurance rates the people of Chicago Ridge , Palos Hills, Worth or one of the highest crime rated areas the state of Illinois has to offer . Yes the surrounding towns business have lost a lot of business because of closing up CGB we had 1500 people working and shopping there . The way the city fathers see it's loss of business means a loss of tax revenues . Can any of you CGB haters honestly say that you feel more comfortable or safer letting your daughter or wife go walking around Ford Height, Chicago Heights or Saulk Village day time or night time or how about those days when the family comes to pick ya after work . Or would they be more safer in Chicago Ridge Palos Hills or Worth ?
[/quote]I'm sold on the idea. I think the YRC can turn around and start getting back in the right direction. I think what the problem is a lot of people live in Indiana, and they don't want to take the toll roads to get to work. No problem,for those who live in Indiana. Take US 30 through the beloved Chicago/Ford Heights to Harlem Ave. and go north about 12 miles to 103rd St, or take I-94 West to I-55 South, get off at the Harlem Ave exit, turn left, take Harlem Ave./Route 43 South to 103rd St. Another way,because some people don't like driving into the city. Take I-94 West to I-57 South to 127th St. West to Route 83 North to Harlem Ave. North to 103rd St. See piece of cake, and there is no tolls. Going through those neighborhoods, drivers don't have to worry about the Obama nation standing on the street corners,or at the stop lights asking for money like they have in Chicago/Ford Heights. :thumbsup:

I would lurk if I had thin skin. The "doom and gloomers" make me sick. If anyone, regardless of their employer, believes that the failure of YRC would be a good thing then obviously they don't understand the dire consequences of that failure. It seems to me that YRC adopted the worst procedures and practices of both companies instead of the best. I am not promoting one over the other, but Yellow as far as I know never made a decision that did not involve establishing what the return on investment would be. And that HAD to be in dollars and cents NOT reputation. I know from personal expierience that Roadway invested in communities for no monetary return on investment. :thumbsup:

[quote author=pup driver link=topic=81979.msg847663#msg847663 date=1279344983]
If there is anyone here on T/B that can have any intelligent answer/ reason why they closed a city terminal in the middle of the southwest side of Chicago please speak your piece . That terminal has been in the same location since the early 1950's if not sooner. O, by the way there ain't no more terminal at 3400 west 51st. street it's just a flat piece of ground . Just an example of more idiotic planing from the company that Dollar Bill bought . :poke:
[/quote]It was closed because the person they put in charge of Chicago was a hater of all things yellow, he tried to destroy the ridge and make it so the company could not afford to go back--hence the generator was taken and put on a Kankakee farm [illegally]. Luckily this person was fired for sexual hararassment about 3-4 weeks ago and now a yellow vp will be in charge of Chicago. Now some of you guys say the 5% is a reason for all this--partly, Zollars said himself on a earnings conference call "the 5% and pension costs in chicago are insignificant" the movement of freight from Chicago was to scare any other locals from standing up to the company! As far as saving money using smaller terminals its a flop, the double handling of frt from 309 to 318 and the cost back, is astronomical plus they cant handle it --we get all thier overflow nitely and everything on the weekends. The combo/utility drivers move maybe 300 bills a nite at 309, and are nonexsistant on fridays [maybe 5 show] leaving everything to be handled by our dock Fri-Sun, So they are no help! 309 is too far south to be profitable with 300 city pick ups a nite, if the Ridge were reopened and got their territory back your looking at 1000 pickups a nite--now that can be PROFITABLE. Anyone who disputes this is not thinking it through. Hopefully the company has realized this, and maybe, just maybe, they did and a move back is in the works!

[quote author=The DIME link=topic=81979.msg847939#msg847939 date=1279406095]
It was closed because the person they put in charge of Chicago was a hater of all things yellow, he tried to destroy the ridge and make it so the company could not afford to go back--hence the generator was taken and put on a Kankakee farm [illegally]. Luckily this person was fired for sexual hararassment about 3-4 weeks ago and now a yellow vp will be in charge of Chicago. Now some of you guys say the 5% is a reason for all this--partly, Zollars said himself on a earnings conference call "the 5% and pension costs in chicago are insignificant" the movement of freight from Chicago was to scare any other locals from standing up to the company! As far as saving money using smaller terminals its a flop, the double handling of frt from 309 to 318 and the cost back, is astronomical plus they cant handle it --we get all thier overflow nitely and everything on the weekends. The combo/utility drivers move maybe 300 bills a nite at 309, and are nonexsistant on fridays [maybe 5 show] leaving everything to be handled by our dock Fri-Sun, So they are no help! 309 is too far south to be profitable with 300 city pick ups a nite, if the Ridge were reopened and got their territory back your looking at 1000 pickups a nite--now that can be PROFITABLE. Anyone who disputes this is not thinking it through. Hopefully the company has realized this, and maybe, just maybe, they did and a move back is in the works!
[/quote] This could be good news for everybody if they did replace P. M . with a Yellow VP . Maybe this new guy in charge will concentrate on the business of moving freight rather than warning letters and firings . Anytime they can rid their selves of the old management guys left from the surviving company the better they'll be . When we ran out of CGB we had p&d runs all over the far south suburbs some time even an hour south of Kankakee and we did an excellent job. There was a lot of stem time involved but we made enough revenue to compensate for the stem miles . Personally I agree with the DIME. The story I got was that they took the generator out of the CGB city yard after they stripped every inch of wire they could get their hands on and the generator was headed to an Ohio terminal but that it was found on a farm . It was told that a big management guy was involved . :thumbsup:

Is there "talk" of moving back to CGB? Even a hint of "talk" would make me sleep better at night in hopes of getting called back.....(lie to me if you must) :popcorn:

[quote author=annieo link=topic=81979.msg847987#msg847987 date=1279412234]
Is there "talk" of moving back to CGB? Even a hint of "talk" would make me sleep better at night in hopes of getting called back.....(lie to me if you must) :popcorn:
[/quote]

If it will make you happy I will try . OK this is what I heard from a very reliable source the date of the ( insert drum roll here ) GRAND OPENING FOR CHICAGO RIDGE IS oops phone ringing got to go sorry .

[quote author=annieo link=topic=81979.msg848031#msg848031 date=1279417818]
You just WAIT until I get to California ..........BUSTER!
[/quote]

My Boy's will be waiting at the border ..... :biglaugh:

copsswat.gif

..... FOR YOU ! :biglaugh: