Yellow | Is 710 members afraid to fight?

I let it drop because it had become about me and not the original issue. I was replaced by Ryder drivers at my old job. The Ryder drivers were represented by 710 with no pension and no Teamster health insurance. Those of you who keep distracting from the original topic are part of the problem. This obviously includes the original poster. Too many that want others to do the fighting for them, yet wanting the spoils of those battles. That is the cause of the problems we have today. If have not made myself perfectly clear by now, then I cannot make you understand. If you want to help fix things join me. If you are just looking for people or institutions to criticize I'm not interested.

I let it drop because it had become about me and not the original issue. I was replaced by Ryder drivers at my old job. The Ryder drivers were represented by 710 with no pension and no Teamster health insurance. Those of you who keep distracting from the original topic are part of the problem. This obviously includes the original poster. Too many that want others to do the fighting for them, yet wanting the spoils of those battles. That is the cause of the problems we have today. If have not made myself perfectly clear by now, then I cannot make you understand. If you want to help fix things join me. If you are just looking for people or institutions to criticize I'm not interested.[/Q
UOTE]
So what are you proposing? Are you organizing something? I think everyone is waiting to see something

Pat Flynn sold out 710 along time ago. Bad contracts, no insurance, no pension, selling cards to owner operators. 710 has no representation.

so what are the members of 710 doing now? Is somebody organizing a meeting at the hall or is it going to be business as usual. if we can get a bunch of guys together maybe you wo,uld be worth fighting for something, but like usual I'm sure it's going to be nobody there because today's 710 teamster driver is all about their wallets and screw everybody else. I'm sure dawson is in his back office planning the next attack against the 710 teamster drivers and it would not surprise me at all see bradshaw and harvey leach sitting at the table on the company side

Pat Flynn sold out 710 along time ago. Bad contracts, no insurance, no pension, selling cards to owner operators. 710 has no representation.
it's obvious to me that pat flynn does not care about his membership anymore so the question that I have for the members of 710 are we going to band together and confront the so called leadership at our union hall or are we going to keep laying down and continue letting Flynn hire all his relatives and continue to ignore the 1 in need of his membership. if sweeney can take his head out of the bottle long enough maybe he could take his nose out of pats ass and finally do his job there is lots of cleaning up to do and with sweeney background he should be good at it .

Myplace710 said:
it's obvious to me that pat flynn does not care about his membership anymore so the question that I have for the members of 710 are we going to band together and confront the so called leadership at our union hall or are we going to keep laying down and continue letting Flynn hire all his relatives and continue to ignore the 1 in need of his membership. if sweeney can take his head out of the bottle long enough maybe he could take his nose out of pats ass and finally do his job there is lots of cleaning up to do and with sweeney background he should be good at it .

I can't argue with alot of your statement but let's not start throwing he said she said rumors around, if Sweeney has a drinking problem that would the first I've heard of it but then again I don't know him very well.

Pat said ON STAGE that The buck stops with me!!! So i guess he is the one that needs to go! Ive heard there is a movement under foot to rid Local 710 of the nepotisim. I certainly hope its true!!!! All you have to do is to be related and you have a job for life,nevermind your qualifications!!
I do believe that The Pat Flynn Team has forgotten who they work for.
When they call a tavern "THE SATTELITE" it just makes me sick! OUR cars that WE pay for are being used to go bar hopping,and used for personal buisness. It just goes to show you what the "TEAM" thinks of you!! Its time to RENEW the leadership at Local 710

I am a 705 member, I work along side 710 members. I cannot go to the hall and help. Now That another Flynn has won at 179, what will happen?

It looks as our brothers over at 407 are having leadership problems also. It must be rampent that our Local Leaders have all let the money go to their heads. I guess they have forgotten who they work for.our UnionHall was full yesterday with members looking for a free turkey,you never see half of these members unless the Local is"giving"somethimg away! Its unbelievable that the Local gives you something that you have paid for and then you thank them for it! By the way they handed out 25 dollar Jewel Gift Cards. When are we going to wake up???

so how do u go about to get rid of this leadership then? please enlighten me
Only 18 % from freight voted in the last election just now for the International . That's how Hoffa got back in . Leadership at 710 knows that their in there for life because they know how membership is . They **** and moue about the leadership but are too dame lazy to bother to vote what they complain about . If you are one the many who don't vote blame your self .

i voted , and it wasent for hoffa jr
Today the Teamster truck driver is just a sliver of the Teamsters . The Teamsters are in to so many things that don't concern truck drivers any more .They are very diversified with being school bus drivers , nurses , cops , air line division and more . Not saying thats a bad thing but their concerns don't reflect the drivers concerns . Hoffa don't necessarily need truck drivers to win an election . The Teamsters have over a million members and believe me they ain't all truck drivers . This is why every driver needs to vote . Management watches these things and when they see that union members don't give a dame about voting it sends them a message to do what they want . IMO any teamster that don't vote deserves all the crap the company can shovel at them and from what I see YRC has a big shovel and their using it . P S thanks for voting .

I said this 10 years ago at the Teamsters National Conventioin in Las Vegas!

Members at 705 questioned this at the 2001 convention. We were told that freight was what they had to restore. This was just after the 1st attempt to organize Overnight. After that IBT International removed themselves from the AFL-CIO. The IBT immediately went after every unoin available. Drivers didn't matter since 2001! You are absoelutly right. railroads, printers, IBT stole or organized everything but trucking. UPS is all that matters.