ABF | Is Implementation on its Way?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Why not? Last I checked the first amendment still is valid in this country, at least for now. Seems o me the goal of every teamster would be to convince all the nons to sign a card. When we ask for a valid reason to do so and want to debate the merits this is the response? No wonder membership has been declining over the years.
First amendment applies when one is out in public and refers to government censorship, it does not apply when one is in the confines of one's private property, which would include an internet BB. Asking for a valid reason to sign a card requesting an election for union representation and wanting to debate said reason are two different things. Which do you want to do? BTW, this is not a union/non union discussion forum.

Why not? Last I checked the first amendment still is valid in this country, at least for now. Seems o me the goal of every teamster would be to convince all the nons to sign a card. When we ask for a valid reason to do so and want to debate the merits this is the response? No wonder membership has been declining over the years.

So take the debate to the od board. See how long old jimbob allows the first amendment to be exercised

Must be a southern thing , so I will say it again I don't care nor do I want you to sign a card ... Enjoy the greatest job in the industry ......

I think I will, 3rd quarter numbers just got published. Another quarter under 85% operating ratio and plenty of money in my pocket. Yeah, it's a good day.

So take the debate to the od board. See how long old jimbob allows the first amendment to be exercised

I believe I've seen you over on the Con-way and other boards mixing it up. I love how you guys operate, when you have no ammo to fight with you want us to take our Barbies and go home. It's just like watching the kid on the playground who gets his feelings hurt because he brought the kickball and he's getting his ass kicked in the game.

Is JimBob the mod over at Old Dominican? Funny I never visited there and didn't pay it any mind. I have, however, seen more than one of the threads he's started up in the watering hole and DC the holy land, where he posts links to BLOGS and acts like they're credible news outlets. That explains a lot now. :duh:

I think I will, 3rd quarter numbers just got published. Another quarter under 85% operating ratio and plenty of money in my pocket. Yeah, it's a good day.
They got released yesterday troll.And yes OD thanks you for you dedication .... Keep up the good work hoss, no need for ot or that stupid pension & don't forget about Obama care.. Have a hotdog on me.....

First amendment applies when one is out in public and refers to government censorship, it does not apply when one is in the confines of one's private property, which would include an internet BB. Asking for a valid reason to sign a card requesting an election for union representation and wanting to debate said reason are two different things. Which do you want to do? BTW, this is not a union/non union discussion forum.

I want to thank all you guys for giving me some entertainment while I've been sitting at the hotel collecting delay pay... Too funny. Just like a big old playground with spoiled adults on it instead of snot nosed little kids. Y'all have a good night, I've got work to do.

I believe I've seen you over on the Con-way and other boards mixing it up. I love how you guys operate, when you have no ammo to fight with you want us to take our Barbies and go home. It's just like watching the kid on the playground who gets his feelings hurt because he brought the kickball and he's getting his ass kicked in the game.
That's how these guys operate. If they don't like your opinion, then you must be a manager or a troll. Abf bleeding at the wrist but everyone on this board knows the financials and could start their own Ltl buisness Tommorow

They got released yesterday troll.And yes OD thanks you for you dedication .... Keep up the good work hoss, no need for ot or that stupid pension & don't forget about Obama care.. Have a hotdog on me.....

Guess I missed it while I was sleeping yesterday and working last night and sleeping today. If that's the best you've got I'm severely disappointed.

Is JimBob the mod over at Old Dominican? Funny I never visited there and didn't pay it any mind. I have, however, seen more than one of the threads he's started up in the watering hole and DC the holy land, where he posts links to BLOGS and acts like they're credible news outlets. That explains a lot now. :duh:

Trying to discredit me by smearing someone else? Sounds like a typical union/democrat tactic.

Love the scare tactics Crystal. The big bad non-union company strong arming its employees and firing them for no apparent reason other than to cut costs. Why is it that out of my terminal (Atlanta GA) that we have so many drivers with 20+ years seniority? They'd be long gone if what you said were true now wouldn't they?
Are you denying that OD uses economic terminations to adjust the work force during slow periods? Are you denying that OD doesn't RIF (reduction in force) without regard to employee seniority? Are you denying that economically terminated OD employees if eventually rehired don't start out at the entry level pay and benefit rates?

How could I possibly know why things are as you say at OD in Atlanta? But I do know of that happening in another part of the country. I'm curious to know why you think that I was using scare tactics? Do you think that what I post about OD on this forum will have any effect on ABF employees? I'd also like to know how long this exchange would be allowed to continue on the OD forum where they attack the poster instead of the post?

I want to thank all you guys for giving me some entertainment while I've been sitting at the hotel collecting delay pay... Too funny. Just like a big old playground with spoiled adults on it instead of snot nosed little kids. Y'all have a good night, I've got work to do.

Sleep tight, we'll stand guard :bananag:

Are you denying that OD uses economic terminations to adjust the work force during slow periods? Are you denying that OD doesn't RIF (reduction in force) without regard to employee seniority? Are you denying that economically terminated OD employees if eventually rehired don't start out at the entry level pay and benefit rates?

How could I possibly know why things are as you say at OD in Atlanta? But I do know of that happening in another part of the country. I'm curious to know why you think that I was using scare tactics? Do you think that what I post about OD on this forum will have any effect on ABF employees? I'd also like to know how long this exchange would be allowed to continue on the OD forum where they attack the poster instead of the post?
It might be sooner then he thinks...