ABF | Is Implementation on its Way?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Hard to argue with the balance sheet hoss. How is a company that is in the red being greedy? And have ya ever thought that maybe the reason they bought panther was to try to slow down the bleeding? It takes money to make money, and y'all cry when they actually invested in an entity that they thought could make them some money instead of giving it to y'all... Please.

y'all?????

See, still no direct answer from you.

Here let's try this.

ABF greedy? Yes or no?

Teamsters greedy? Yes or no?

If the two answers are different, please explain why.
We're all greedy. Now do you feel better?

You really think a 401 is more secure than a defined pension? ask anybody that has one how big a hit they just took with the govt. shut down. I have a friend whose 401 dropped 48000.00 , my pension check this and every other month will be the same.
Dont bet on it!!!
People are, right this minute, working to change that.
Nothing is set in stone anymore.

I'm greedy....and lazy....with an high opinion of myself...therefore, I became a Teamster truck driver. Although I am disgusting in the eyes of some, I am envied by many. Middle Class America was born of the organized labor movement. The new part-time labor movement, being created by big government and corporate america will enslave the next generation. Being blown off the map by Iran may be preferable to working 2 or 3 part-time jobs, then sending over half of it to the government in taxes of one form or the other!

I'm greedy....and lazy....with an high opinion of myself...therefore, I became a Teamster truck driver. Although I am disgusting in the eyes of some, I am envied by many. Middle Class America was born of the organized labor movement. The new part-time labor movement, being created by big government and corporate america will enslave the next generation. Being blown off the map by Iran may be preferable to working 2 or 3 part-time jobs, then sending over half of it to the government in taxes of one form or the other!
You're beginning to sound like you've got some men under you on the list there now.

I know that if this uncertainty was rectified I'd be spending more money right now.

Well Brother, the one thing we know for certain, is that life is uncertain. That my friend is an established fact! And I am certain I don't want to work for the very best non-union company....may have to give it a try one day to buy groceries...but, I doubt it

You're beginning to sound like you've got some men under you on the list there now.

A couple, it has ruined me....but, I still voted for the contract....and I hope Chicago don't strike, but I don't get to vote on that one. Our Union has it's issues, but it still beats the alternatives in my opinion..

Sounds to me that you were probably turned down by Yrc and likely ABF also so now you hang around here touting how bad union companies are and how great **** companies are. Your wonderful company could at any time stop its contributions to your 401K and all you could do about it is cry. Also remember and know this, you make what you make by virtue of what union members make. I know this will be unsettleing for you to believe but please believe it's true. If you have the ability to make over $100,000 a year at OD then you can say you're on par with the union drivers you now compare yourself with but also know you didn't have what it took to get hired by a union carrier in the first place. You did apply at union barns first before you ended up with sloppy seconds according to your post right? I get five sick days, six weeks vacation, one personal day, all the national holidays, three days for funerals and much more and you think your job compares more favorably then that of a union job? Wake upland simply wave and tip your hat when you drive past a union driver. Have a nice day now good buddy.

$5 copay, $10 prescriptions, dental, vision. Ask mr od how his cut rate insurance is

Yes i do agree u have excellent insurance, ups freight teamsters pay 34 bux a week for insurance, 25 copays, and scripts vary from 2 bux to 15 bux, depending on what it is, but if ur meds dont have a generic brand, get ready to pay around 50 bux or more.

What an untrue statement.yrc is bring down wages and benefits. Have you seen the new abf contract? Union has no positive influence in the trucking industry anymore.