Yellow | Jamie Pierson comments on the -15%

Actually it is more like 10% when you consider the raise we didn't get on top of the cut.
What he is saying is the truth, in his eyes. ABF is not going to get their 7% back either. ( they are 5 years behind).

The union can use this as a bargaining tool, but let's face it, who will remember this in 2019?

In the C.F.O. mag. interview , Jamie Pierson said "WE ALL NEED TO DIVORCE OURSELVES FROM THE MINDSET THAT THE -15% IS GOING TO COME BACK " !!! what a nice guy to say that to the public and kinda thinking he should get a extra bonus to, for saving the company all them wages ???
look at all the we lost over 6 years

look at all the we lost over 6 years

Look at all the money YRC hemorrhaged over the last six years?.....and even before that..... The fact that they are still operating and you still have a decent paying job is a miracle when compared to other Companies that have experienced even lesser troubles and didn't survive..... So stop and think a little before you start complaining about what you "lost"..... think of what you still have compared to if they went under....as so many short sighted people on here were hoping for....

I'm going to throw in my 2cents. The CFO said something to an analyst/reporter. Maybe he wishes he didn't phrase it the way he did, then again maybe not. It doesn't matter, we had a vote, it came back in the affirmative, the MOU stands as is until 2019. As Brother Triplex and other deep thinkers constantly point out, shutting down the Company and loosing Seniority, Health Care, Vacation Weeks etc, would be cutting your nose because you're mad at you're face.The "snap back" language is there just in case Somebody buys Us, there isn't any way we are going to get vacation weeks, 15% pay or full Pension Contributions back while servicing a 1.3 Billion $$ debt.

Stop letting outside agitators get you all worked up. Some posters on this forum only come here to stir the "pot", to them I would say... what goes around sometimes comes around.

I'm going to throw in my 2cents. The CFO said something to an analyst/reporter. Maybe he wishes he didn't phrase it the way he did, then again maybe not. It doesn't matter, we had a vote, it came back in the affirmative, the MOU stands as is until 2019. As Brother Triplex and other deep thinkers constantly point out, shutting down the Company and loosing Seniority, Health Care, Vacation Weeks etc, would be cutting your nose because you're mad at you're face.The "snap back" language is there just in case Somebody buys Us, there isn't any way we are going to get vacation weeks, 15% pay or full Pension Contributions back while servicing a 1.3 Billion $$ debt.

Stop letting outside agitators get you all worked up. Some posters on this forum only come here to stir the "pot", to them I would say... what goes around sometimes comes around.

That was worth a lot more than 2 cents.... !
happy-smiley01.gif

What's the 20 on the pot stirrers?
happy-smiley01.gif
Now that's funny right there. Never seen that dancing smilie used before.

happy-smiley01.gif
Priceless! :1036316054:
Sugarfoot, I'm glad you opined on this subject. And I tend to agree that Jamie Pierson is less than tactful. Maybe we should pool our money and purchase a copy of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" for him! It appears he is in dire need.
The sad fact is there are a few here who epitomize the adage, "misery loves company". I choose to try and accept those things which I cannot change. I learned long ago that I, and I alone, am responsible for my happiness.
I've tried to entertain, amuse, and inform. Not always to great success.

If they would'nt have paid out all them BONUSES , after we agree to the -15% forever , maybe there would be less HATE?? and when will they ever make attempt to pay down the $1.3 billion debt ??? or they going just keep it there till 2019 to keep us under control ?? and yes all them givebacks are gone forever , so it is what it is !! thanks for your 2 cents -15% would be 1 3/4 cents !!!