Yellow | Jan 1 2009 Proposed National Change of Operations

Sorry to have to tell you this, but those days are long gone. This ain't your Daddy's Teamsters. Believe me, no disrespect intended, but it's the truth. Totally different day and age and different rules to play by.
If your referring to the mob crap yes i agree, lol but when it comes to standing to fight, willing to loose our home, our cars, that never changes! I went through a divorce lost everything. Im glad it taught me a lesson! tralier trash rules!, This time im glad to have a roof over my head! which im about to loose!:TR10driving03:

if they can't file bankrupsy protection then tell me why they have it in the 10% proposal they want to jam down out throats. it states that if THEY FILE BANKRUPSY the contaract reverts back to everything we still have. READ IT!
Okay at our meeting Gorden Sweaton or sweeny whater said they have to file chap 7. Even in a crappy economy the assets are enough to pay all debts. Local 41 Sat the 6th.

We live in a world of change .If you have kept up with this sad situation , you know that job cuts have been part of the merger plan from the beginning .Add to that plan the woeful economy ,and the cuts go further than anticipated .
Merger of seniority lists ,from a common sense standpoint, means less duplication of runs and loads ,full trailers and less mt miles .along with less management and support services like office and custodial help .and fewer teamsters.
Only the lean ,with no fat will survive this situation .While I feel that corporate needs to clean house from THE TOP DOWN ,overall YRCW may actually be in a position of strength when the economy turns .
Closed is closed ,laid off means you may have something to come back to.
The COO com. will approve just about anything to keep us afloat , could include the Glen Moore / meet turn scenario .But Gordon Sweeto ,IBT VP not worth a f!*#*k ,didn't even know Glen Moore was using the 34 hour rule to take our KC sleeper freight .
If you understand banks and credit , I believe them when they told us there is no cash to operate the Co. after 1/1.
I am voting yes for the first time in 24 years .I have 375 drivers behind me on the list . I have looked for other jobs these past 3 weeks , nothing comes close to what I'll get at 90% at YRCW .
Vote no if you want , vote yes if you want . but VOTE .And hopefully that will carry over to the next election.Corporate America is doing what it does , and the IBT gave us this situation .Hoffa sucks

I hope im wrong but the Yes Votes in my opinion are the new Teamsters, The Yes Men voted a crappy contract, That was supposed to save Yellow, Roadway, etc. Look where it has brought us? To giving more! I try not to questions one loyality! I don't know you! Nor do I know your heart. We have a difference of opinion! I believe we have to stop listening to our leadership, and our company men. be men in ourselves! Look to Hoffa SR and ask what would he had done. I believe he would say VOTE NO THEY ARE BLUFFING! IF THEY ARENT GO OUT STANDING! HE WAS A FIGHTER! NEVER GAVE THE F$#K IN! IT WAS HIS WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! I want to experience the teamsters I was envisioned. I worked for Overnite! Yes I helped that campainge in 94! I was taught we fight, We stand togather, and We will win. No compromise. When you have a grievence, there is no question. If the contract says its this way, thats the way it is! NOT! What ive found is it depends on what your interpatation is. WTF? Honestly all ive done is exchange one set of headaches for another! Brother against brother. This isn't what my Dad taught me the Teamsters was. I'm disgusted!

Again (I sound like a broken record here, but the answer is still the same one); You are talking Before Deregulation (Hoffa Sr); They couldn't close if they wanted to......there were more union jobs on every street corner.

Again (I sound like a broken record here, but the answer is still the same one); You are talking Before Deregulation (Hoffa Sr); They couldn't close if they wanted to......there were more union jobs on every street corner.
LOL Ya your right..Wish we could get the Union Jobs back! My Dad was off work in 1981 for 3 years. Before he took non-union job. No medical. Sad thing is history is about to repeat itself. Gorden told us just like Zollars, one more thing goes wrong in the economy, YRCW will still go under! WTF?

if they can't file bankrupsy protection then tell me why they have it in the 10% proposal they want to jam down out throats. it states that if THEY FILE BANKRUPSY the contaract reverts back to everything we still have. READ IT!
LOL i did read it, if they file bankruptcy reverting back doesnt mean crap! We loose everything. Thats a mute point!

If your referring to the mob crap yes i agree, lol but when it comes to standing to fight, willing to loose our home, our cars, that never changes! I went through a divorce lost everything. Im glad it taught me a lesson! tralier trash rules!, This time im glad to have a roof over my head! which im about to loose!:TR10driving03:

Actually I wasn't talking about the mob. Although you are right, that is one thing different.

Seriously everyone keep your ears peeled, The person that revealed the COO is usually been 80% correct. That was the goal of this post. Hate to see YRCW merge us then cut all boards in half. At my barn thats guys with 8-9 years seniority and down or so. if my math is correct.

Closed is closed ,laid off means you may have something to come back to.
Hoffa sucks

I agree with Closed is closed. If we vote yes and they lay off %50, at least we have a chance that the economy turns and the company didn't lie, (I still can't tell about that) and we bring back laid off drivers/dockworkers. If we lose half the drivers at PME, I'm right on that line. I'll vote yes and risk my job in hopes of keeping the door open for a recall.

OK Back to your post. It would seem a lot of terminals are running real lean on drivers. Maybe management is on a trial run to see just how much freight they can move with a skeleton crew. This way they will have a good idea of how many drivers they can DISPOSE of when the time comes.
We have good work rules at CVE but with the merge lots of things can and will change. If we are combined with big R at Copley we will be working under their work rules. Can you say wheel board. With that in place Cve would easily cut the road board in half.

Cue the the music Johnny Take this job and shove it.......
lol , really, Ottumwa Ia is down to two yellow employees, they are filling the roles of billing clerks, drivers, hostlers, and dock workers in one! Since back this summer! loosing customers. In July I took Express Freight, They said, we will deliver it in 4-5 days! Where swamped! That doesnt sound like a company that wants to survive! I still think where going down!

loss jobs anyway

Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

If this is true a "Yes vote to concessions" could be eliminating your job anyway! If anyone has heard this be diligent, and honest. Proof would be great! Then, report it now! Before we vote half our Brothers and Sisters out the door! i'd rather go down togather! In Teamster Unity! The speculation is USF Glenn Moore will be the sleeper operation. Re-do all lanes. Meet and turns, etc!

Oh I overheard a Operations Mgr at a newly combined terminal, two days ago telling a customer we have your freight!, However where short on drivers due to the excessive layoffs! We will try to deliver your freight in a few days! WTF? No wonder we are losing customers! I still say vote NO! Call they're bluff. Its inevitible. If i'm right on this post how are your going to feel being the bottom half voting yes to concessions, Firing yourself by March! Might as well do it now!

I ask you is saving this company worth half the hard working, dues paying Teamsters? If this is true I say its not. We need to stick togather,

One more point, Zollars trying to get the Obama adminstration to pass legislation, To make YRC INC exempt from subsidising trucking companies that have went out of buisness. Isn't this a attack on our pension plan? This came out in the KC Buisness Journel. There was a link a couple days ago already on TruckingBoards. Right before we vote on concessions! Makes me believe its one more piece of evidence they want this to go under, at the same time, I believe its just a matter of time due to the economy!
I think HURRYUPANDWAIT was allready trying to make that point with you, vote yes and still lose you job... and when you do lose it, your unemployment bennies will based on your new lower pay cuts too...

Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

If this is true a "Yes vote to concessions" could be eliminating your job anyway! If anyone has heard this be diligent, and honest. Proof would be great! Then, report it now! Before we vote half our Brothers and Sisters out the door! i'd rather go down togather! In Teamster Unity! The speculation is USF Glenn Moore will be the sleeper operation. Re-do all lanes. Meet and turns, etc!

Oh I overheard a Operations Mgr at a newly combined terminal, two days ago telling a customer we have your freight!, However where short on drivers due to the excessive layoffs! We will try to deliver your freight in a few days! WTF? No wonder we are losing customers! I still say vote NO! Call they're bluff. Its inevitible. If i'm right on this post how are your going to feel being the bottom half voting yes to concessions, Firing yourself by March! Might as well do it now!

I ask you is saving this company worth half the hard working, dues paying Teamsters? If this is true I say its not. We need to stick togather,

One more point, Zollars trying to get the Obama adminstration to pass legislation, To make YRC INC exempt from subsidising trucking companies that have went out of buisness. Isn't this a attack on our pension plan? This came out in the KC Buisness Journel. There was a link a couple days ago already on TruckingBoards. Right before we vote on concessions! Makes me believe its one more piece of evidence they want this to go under, at the same time, I believe its just a matter of time due to the economy!

this is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one day after the company gets the no vote they wanted. they will reopen non union. this is fact LOL

you guys must not get around much because the word around the terminals is YYYYEEEEESSSSSS.

i'm voting no cause the powers that be want more power and control and if you give in you should get out cause you're hurting the rest of us trying to make a difference in our lives (so don't sell yourself out cause they already did that for you), don't believe this bad economy hype, the government wanted it this way for their BIG PLAN to make everybody their financial slave and they are doing it by means of working endlessly for the almighty dollar that seems there needs to be an endless need for, the small people like us SHOULD have had big checks mailed to us this past year to stimulate the economy so companies like this don't experience layoffs but the banks have it sitting in their vault and they ain't even gonna lend it out till things make a turnaround but how is that going to happen when nobody has money to spend cause banks ain't loaning out money and nobody is making money cause the company needs people to spend money on the products they sell and if they ain't got money to come in the shop will close it's doors, thank the world government that makes up all these idiotic ideas to ruin the little mans world, 7.7 trillion lent out so for for american progress, where has american progress taken us.......a bad bad road to the worst deception that we will ever experience and time and money will not be in your favor cause the powers that be want it that way cause they own you and can do whatever they want to you.........think about it 7.7 trillion divided by usa population (300 million) every american gets about 25,667 dollars to spend to stimulate the economy, if the government bailed out main st instead of wall st with ALL that money what shape do you think the economy will be in now with all that $$spending$$ that could've been happening right NOW, these bailouts were predicted years ago and it's finally come knocking on our door

Seriously everyone keep your ears peeled, The person that revealed the COO is usually been 80% correct. That was the goal of this post. Hate to see YRCW merge us then cut all boards in half. At my barn thats guys with 8-9 years seniority and down or so. if my math is correct.

At Yellow/Indy (City) , guys with right at 10 years are on layoff now (I've got 9 1/2-- 14 men above me are gone). I had figured, after the merger, it might take 15 years to keep a job. If they really DO cut half of the total, it might be closer to 20 years seniority to keep a job......

i'm voting no cause the powers that be want more power and control and if you give in you should get out cause you're hurting the rest of us trying to make a difference in our lives (so don't sell yourself out cause they already did that for you), don't believe this bad economy hype, the government wanted it this way for their BIG PLAN to make everybody their financial slave and they are doing it by means of working endlessly for the almighty dollar that seems there needs to be an endless need for, the small people like us SHOULD have had big checks mailed to us this past year to stimulate the economy so companies like this don't experience layoffs but the banks have it sitting in their vault and they ain't even gonna lend it out till things make a turnaround but how is that going to happen when nobody has money to spend cause banks ain't loaning out money and nobody is making money cause the company needs people to spend money on the products they sell and if they ain't got money to come in the shop will close it's doors, thank the world government that makes up all these idiotic ideas to ruin the little mans world, 7.7 trillion lent out so for for american progress, where has american progress taken us

I didn't even read the whole thing-- I'm just impressed that you said all that without a single period! Did you even try to inhale, or say the whole mess in one breath?

Hey yrcdkcm i did hear about a BIG CHANGE in MARCH.. About 50% im hearing.......It's not good! vote NO there trying to pull one over our eye's again.......!! Going to be guy's transfering again......EAST COAST.....

I was brought up 2 rules. Number one is that the customer is always right. Number 2 see number one. If i felt that IF the company cared about our customers i might vote yes, but for now it is no,

go ahead, and in a few years you'll probably vote yes to paying your health care, yes to paying into your pension more, yes to whatever they want you to vote yes for, yrc is just a maggot when it comes to the rest of the world cause there are billions of people in this world living under the same rules, get off your yrc high chair and get back down to earth and realize the government pushed the wrong buttons to make the end result a disaster for mankind