Yellow | Jan 1 2009 Proposed National Change of Operations

simple choice for me.

i want to see jimmy g back punching a YRC time card again cuz he gets it.

Thank You! I for one want that too! (First, we need some freight. Here in Indy, currently it takes more than 10 years seniority to hold a job @ Yellow. After the merger, unless we go out and compete to get some freight, I'm afraid it'll take 15-16 years to hold a job.)

After all, currently we're sending one Yellow truck to a customer to pick up two skids, and one Roadway truck to the same customer to pick up three skids, then returning to two different terminals to break freight from the same customer-- meaning two different dock workers, two different linehaul trucks, two different billers, two different spotters, two different hook guys, etc, etc, etc....Combination will save the company a lot of labor cost, but cost the labor a lot of jobs as well. What we need more than anything is an agreement to show the customers they can ship on us, and give us more freight! A freight company with no freight doesn't last long....

I was brought up 2 rules. Number one is that the customer is always right. Number 2 see number one. If i felt that IF the company cared about our customers i might vote yes, but for now it is no,

i see the same thing. absolutly no customer service. i feel we are losing customers on purpose because noone in their right mind would run a company like this, not if they were wanting to grow.

Your Dad may have worked in the industry ( pre 1975 ) that was heavyly unionized. How many companies are left out of 1000 union carriers?? Not many, maybe 10. When I first started working in the freight, you could go from one carrier to another. (pre 1975) I think strongly that we Drivers have only one chance to help YRC and help ourselves and to work for a unionized freight carrier. (like your Dad) I have never seen it this slow in Freight. Bussness is bad. I been kicking freight seen 1974. YRC is caught in the perfect storm with the credit crunch, slow bussness and high costs. I say a YES vote is your only real answer to this perfect storm. Then after 2013 we can get some of our money back. Remember, we ( the union) have protection with this give back that would not allow YRC to do some of the things that your are talking about. I hope things get better for all of us at YRC. Good luck at your barn.

still working after 34 years? hhhhhhmmmmm.:chairshot:

Gullible People read this

I just LOVE how all you people go BERSERK over a new tread that states in the first sentence and I quote " Okay, This is totally heresay " How gullible are some off the people on this board !!!! Why do you all get into an uproar before and I repeat BEFORE the facts are out . Just my 1.90 cent worth !!

i believe i wud vote yes on reduction. rdway & yellow will be merged totally, there will be lots of jobs lost. good people hurt & in this economy it may not last but i believe this is only chance. i blame 90 percent on bill z if he had acted quicker u may be in better shape. the morning i woke up after 1st heart attck guess what the sun was out. good bless all & merry christmas.

Im voting no & proud of it

If all of you yes voters think that by voting yes to save the co., that this is the solution or even part of the solution to fix the problems that this co. face,you all need to have your heads examined.At what point does anyone ever stand together, I have over 15 years in as a teamster & I have to work at least another 15. Unless they restructure from the very top down nothing else will work,they agreed to a 5 year contract,point blank end of story.It would be nice if we all could re-nig on everything we ever signed into but thats not the case,is it?The yes voters will be the selfish ones that only care about themselfs(lots of seniority,old & only have a couple yrs.to go,too unhealthy to get another job,etc,etc)your all a bunch of puppets on a string .I dont feel sorry for any co. that is mismanaged & losing money & or goes out of business,the union officials too are selfish,come guys get a backbone,stick together vote no

I just LOVE how all you people go BERSERK over a new tread that states in the first sentence and I quote " Okay, This is totally heresay " How gullible are some off the people on this board !!!! Why do you all get into an uproar before and I repeat BEFORE the facts are out . Just my 1.90 cent worth !!
Thats why I started the thread with that. To keep your ears peeled. If it comes true I think its not right to ask us to give a giveback, use the same guys that could end up voting themselves out of a job. It sounds to me like what is likely to happen is they are dissolving the company into one and going back to the pre-purchase of roadway numbers, or smaller of employees. Thus making the union smaller, with our help.

Speaking from a Micro Economic standpoint you are correct sir. Speaking from a Macro Economic standpoint, we need to vote Yes to live to rise again.

1. Unemployment is at an all time high. What you and most Americans don't realize is the published number is misleading. Several years ago, I forget honestly, which administration did it, changed the way it was tabulated. Most people think thats the TRUE unemployment number. It only takes into consideration people who are collecting benefits.

It does not take into account people who have run out of unemployment. People who are trying to return to the job market for some non layoff/discharge related reason, college grads entering the market, high school grads entering the market or people who were deemed fired for cause. None are included. The TRUE unemployment rate is closer to 20%.

2. OTR wages have dropped 20% to 30% in the past few years. OTR companies have discovered they can make the same money on shipper combined loads in some areas. The drivers get screwed a little more on these multi-stop loads, but companies are now spending less time idling in parking lots for 2 or 3 days waiting for the next load.

3. Like it or not, with the reduced fuel expenses and associated surcharge loss, we are starting to compete with these lower wage scales.

If we want to be here in 5 years to try and expand on the base model OTR union driver contracts appearing at USF Glen Moore and build our LTL base, we need to suck it up now and try to capitalize on the disenfranchised OTR and LTL drivers who are springing up all over the US from these depressed wages. This isn't to save the company. this is to save ourselves. When the economy turns, we need to be prepared to spring.

If all of you yes voters think that by voting yes to save the co., that this is the solution or even part of the solution to fix the problems that this co. face,you all need to have your heads examined.At what point does anyone ever stand together, I have over 15 years in as a teamster & I have to work at least another 15. Unless they restructure from the very top down nothing else will work,they agreed to a 5 year contract,point blank end of story.It would be nice if we all could re-nig on everything we ever signed into but thats not the case,is it?The yes voters will be the selfish ones that only care about themselfs(lots of seniority,old & only have a couple yrs.to go,too unhealthy to get another job,etc,etc)your all a bunch of puppets on a string .I dont feel sorry for any co. that is mismanaged & losing money & or goes out of business,the union officials too are selfish,come guys get a backbone,stick together vote no

Thats why I started the thread with that. To keep your ears peeled. If it comes true I think its not right to ask us to give a giveback, use the same guys that could end up voting themselves out of a job. It sounds to me like what is likely to happen is they are dissolving the company into one and going back to the pre-purchase of roadway numbers, or smaller of employees. Thus making the union smaller, with our help.

That type of change sounds like a plan b if the plan is turned down instead of a plan a if the plan is excepted

That type of change sounds like a plan b if the plan is turned down instead of a plan a if the plan is excepted
Came from my B.A. If economic plan is accepted. If plan is rejected YRCW will close Jan 1,2009 Per Gorden Sweaton at our meeting Saturday December 6th. This is in reference to, the post i posted today, That there is a change coming March 1st, 2009, but its just realignment of lanes after merger is complete. They aren't to his knowledge laying off 50% of all boards. They will layoff until all drivers can work 2300 mile solo avg, or 4600 miles sleeper avg per week. Thats all he said he knew.

Central States Loses $9.8 Billion YTD

The Pension Fund ended the month of November with a net asset balance of $17.0 billion, a decrease of $9.8 billion since the beginning of the year. This represents a year-to-date investment return of -32.0%. Of course we are not alone. All pension plans- corporate, public and multiemployer plans, 401(k) plans, and university endowments have witnessed similar historic declines in the value of their investments in a relatively brief span of time. CALPERS, the largest pension plan in the United States, experienced a 20% drop in assets in the last four weeks alone.

The Pension Fund ended the month of November with a net asset balance of $17.0 billion, a decrease of $9.8 billion since the beginning of the year. This represents a year-to-date investment return of -32.0%. Of course we are not alone. All pension plans- corporate, public and multiemployer plans, 401(k) plans, and university endowments have witnessed similar historic declines in the value of their investments in a relatively brief span of time. CALPERS, the largest pension plan in the United States, experienced a 20% drop in assets in the last four weeks alone.
I'm not a genius on this but I was told when the plan becomes under 70% FUNDED THE GOVERMENT CAN COME IN AND TAKE IT OVER. At .30 cents on the dollar! Yet we still are willing to vote Yes? This is nuts!:nutkick:

That's just about the way I figured it to be

Came from my B.A. If economic plan is accepted. If plan is rejected YRCW will close Jan 1,2009 Per Gorden Sweaton at our meeting Saturday December 6th. This is in reference to, the post i posted today, That there is a change coming March 1st, 2009, but its just realignment of lanes after merger is complete. They aren't to his knowledge laying off 50% of all boards. They will layoff until all drivers can work 2300 mile solo avg, or 4600 miles sleeper avg per week. Thats all he said he knew.

With a multiemployer pension plan the government does not take it over, but will loan money to pay the basic benefit. To figure the benefit, multiply your earned years by $34.75. Example: 10 years earned credit in Central States would be a pension of $347.50 per month.

With a multiemployer pension plan the government does not take it over, but will loan money to pay the basic benefit. To figure the benefit, multiply your earned years by $34.75. Example: 10 years earned credit in Central States would be a pension of $347.50 per month.

Please quote your source, with a link, thanks.

Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

If this is true a "Yes vote to concessions" could be eliminating your job anyway! If anyone has heard this be diligent, and honest. Proof would be great! Then, report it now! Before we vote half our Brothers and Sisters out the door! i'd rather go down togather! In Teamster Unity! The speculation is USF Glenn Moore will be the sleeper operation. Re-do all lanes. Meet and turns, etc!

Oh I overheard a Operations Mgr at a newly combined terminal, two days ago telling a customer we have your freight!, However where short on drivers due to the excessive layoffs! We will try to deliver your freight in a few days! WTF? No wonder we are losing customers! I still say vote NO! Call they're bluff. Its inevitible. If i'm right on this post how are your going to feel being the bottom half voting yes to concessions, Firing yourself by March! Might as well do it now!

I ask you is saving this company worth half the hard working, dues paying Teamsters? If this is true I say its not. We need to stick togather,

One more point, Zollars trying to get the Obama adminstration to pass legislation, To make YRC INC exempt from subsidising trucking companies that have went out of buisness. Isn't this a attack on our pension plan? This came out in the KC Buisness Journel. There was a link a couple days ago already on TruckingBoards. Right before we vote on concessions! Makes me believe its one more piece of evidence they want this to go under, at the same time, I believe its just a matter of time due to the economy!

Your quote starts by saying this is tottal hearsay,then goes on to say but it came from a knowlegable source and then it goes on to say that by March they will have cut 50% of all seniority boards.
Now....Im not sure why I am even replying to this but will you look at what you wrote!
It clearly does not say that all seniority boards will be cut 50%!
What it says is that 50% percent of all terminal boards will be cut!
There is NO REFRENCE to how much they will be cut!
Now would you please sit down and relax and wait until you have some real solid information to offer before you influence a vote with crap like this that really means NOTHING.

Bingo!!!!!

OK Back to your post. It would seem a lot of terminals are running real lean on drivers. Maybe management is on a trial run to see just how much freight they can move with a skeleton crew. This way they will have a good idea of how many drivers they can DISPOSE of when the time comes.
We have good work rules at CVE but with the merge lots of things can and will change. If we are combined with big R at Copley we will be working under their work rules. Can you say wheel board. With that in place Cve would easily cut the road board in half.

Cue the the music Johnny Take this job and shove it.......

Give that man a cigar....I think that is exactly what they are doing.:1036316054: