Yellow | Jan 1 2009 Proposed National Change of Operations

At the beginning of this thread the person started by saying that it is a rumor that 50% of the board will be laid off and by the end of the thread all people with 20 years seniority are out in the streets. Can't you people see what is happening here. Some idiot starts a rumor and you morons believe it to be gospel.

go ahead, and in a few years you'll probably vote yes to paying your health care, yes to paying into your pension more, yes to whatever they want you to vote yes for, yrc is just a maggot when it comes to the rest of the world cause there are billions of people in this world living under the same rules, get off your yrc high chair and get back down to earth and realize the government pushed the wrong buttons to make the end result a disaster for mankind
ok i am lay off and thank god i am getting two days a week. I try to make them long days. I just want to be able to take care of my families immediate needs right now. I do appriciate all the benifits that is afforded me at this point. Things are gloomy now but when things turn around it will be bliss. I just want to be part of the team, when we come out of this.

The way it

Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

If this is true a "Yes vote to concessions" could be eliminating your job anyway! If anyone has heard this be diligent, and honest. Proof would be great! Then, report it now! Before we vote half our Brothers and Sisters out the door! i'd rather go down togather! In Teamster Unity! The speculation is USF Glenn Moore will be the sleeper operation. Re-do all lanes. Meet and turns, etc!

Oh I overheard a Operations Mgr at a newly combined terminal, two days ago telling a customer we have your freight!, However where short on drivers due to the excessive layoffs! We will try to deliver your freight in a few days! WTF? No wonder we are losing customers! I still say vote NO! Call they're bluff. Its inevitible. If i'm right on this post how are your going to feel being the bottom half voting yes to concessions, Firing yourself by March! Might as well do it now!

I ask you is saving this company worth half the hard working, dues paying Teamsters? If this is true I say its not. We need to stick togather,

One more point, Zollars trying to get the Obama adminstration to pass legislation, To make YRC INC exempt from subsidising trucking companies that have went out of buisness. Isn't this a attack on our pension plan? This came out in the KC Buisness Journel. There was a link a couple days ago already on TruckingBoards. Right before we vote on concessions! Makes me believe its one more piece of evidence they want this to go under, at the same time, I believe its just a matter of time due to the economy!

was explained to us about the Obabma legislation was the governemt wants the teamsters pension so bad that BUsh changed the law(imagine that) to make it easier for them to come in and take over a pension plan.....if it falls below 70% funded the government step in and takes everything and gives out crumbs to us........Yellow and others are funding their past retirees and present but some companies have been out for 20 yrs that they are still payingout to........not sure what to amke of it

If anyone with a brain

looks at the economy and thinks it is just Yellow trying to screw us then there is no help for theses guys. Yrcw was smart enough like ford to take out line of credit just before it got bad....the crap hit the fan when YRCw credit rating got lowered.......now with this vote Moody and couple of other analyst have said they will up the credit rating of YRCW ..........which in turn gives people confidence in the companies stock which in turn makes them buy it and which gives YRCW working capital......look at when the credit rating dropped before that was what started YRCW stocks to tunble .......unfortunately it is all a vicious cycle.......
On another note we have a "bean counter" from kansas city coming into out terminal tomorrow for out preshift to explain the money side of it.......which if you are a "Yes" vote it means they are trying to explain why they need what they need......if you are a"No" vote then I am sure you would be thinking it is just company Koolaid.........I have made out a list of questions and plan on asking them....I told my terminal manager this morning I am not holding back for the sake of being polite....ok I got to go move America's Freight .......peace:1036316054:

Plan ???????
YRC--Anyone who votes no and teh 10 % passes have them sign a letter of termination cause anyone who doesn't care to help the compnay when it needs help needs to leave this company anyways.

I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

bottom 50% vote no because they lose job anyway and another 15% of big senority vote no. this will not pass. oh well! guess its time for plan b:hysterical:

Seriously everyone keep your ears peeled, The person that revealed the COO is usually been 80% correct. That was the goal of this post. Hate to see YRCW merge us then cut all boards in half. At my barn thats guys with 8-9 years seniority and down or so. if my math is correct.

I dont think half is a realistic number. Based on what I have seen at a current shared service center (one thats already merged) I think 35% is probably more likely. Mainly because both sides have already cut to the bone.

Wow, a straight forward second post

Plan ???????
YRC--Anyone who votes no and teh 10 % passes have them sign a letter of termination cause anyone who doesn't care to help the compnay when it needs help needs to leave this company anyways.

That was straight forward and welcome to the boards! I think you must have watched for awhile before you spoke up, nice job, I agree with you 100%, however it is hard to get them to do that and this is America, we all earned our right to vote either way. :1036316054:

I always wonder why it is always cut,cut,cut. Instead of just cutting people all of the time, how about putting a huge push on via the SALES DEPARTMENT. More freight means more jobs, and more revenue.:clap:

The deal is the vote "Yes Men" are winning in the TruckingBoards Poll... I just believe that a Yes vote means all you care about is milking the company, Or caving in. The Teamsters of my Dad's generation stood togather, The Hoffa Sr guys! They never took the first offer! My Dad told me he would vote no! He stands to lose his pension!

They can liquidate the other companies if they truly want to save YRC (Yellow/Roadway). I know it stinks to suggest that! No matter how we look at it to survive we are losing membership. Bottom line, My personal opinion, for what its worth, which isn't much! Is YRC is using this economy to break the union! I believe we are screwed now no matter what we do! Yes that sucks, However id rather be forced to find a new job now and begin funding a 401K now then waste a year of contributions to a pension fund that is bankrupt already!

Isn't it funny CS hasn't relaesed the 3rd quarter report, when the 4th quarter report is due? Why? I believe its because they don't want us to vote no! No on concessions! it will come out after the Yes Men vote! Then they will be pissed!

Your Dad may have worked in the industry ( pre 1975 ) that was heavyly unionized. How many companies are left out of 1000 union carriers?? Not many, maybe 10. When I first started working in the freight, you could go from one carrier to another. (pre 1975) I think strongly that we Drivers have only one chance to help YRC and help ourselves and to work for a unionized freight carrier. (like your Dad) I have never seen it this slow in Freight. Bussness is bad. I been kicking freight seen 1974. YRC is caught in the perfect storm with the credit crunch, slow bussness and high costs. I say a YES vote is your only real answer to this perfect storm. Then after 2013 we can get some of our money back. Remember, we ( the union) have protection with this give back that would not allow YRC to do some of the things that your are talking about. I hope things get better for all of us at YRC. Good luck at your barn.

Yep , you are right !

I dont think half is a realistic number. Based on what I have seen at a current shared service center (one thats already merged) I think 35% is probably more likely. Mainly because both sides have already cut to the bone.

I agree with you rdwydick, I have visited a couple of the near by merged terminals, and the 30 to 40 percent seems to be the right number. A previous post said how will they do with less, Think about it, just get rid of the low cost freight and only run the most profitiable freight and you can do away with most freight and then keep only low pay freight to balance lanes. I personally would like to see everything better, This is not just yellow, look at the conway boards and layoffs.

I heard from a guy who heard from a guy that yrc is gonna take all the money they save after the 10% passes and buy mega bux lotto tickets . when they win every1 gets called back with a big raise . except of course the guys that voted no

Okay, This is totally heresay, However I heard it from a very knowledgeable source. After we vote to pass the consessions. YRC INC will announce a National Change of Operations. That by March after the entire system is combined they are cutting 50% of all seniority boards. (From what they were before mergers.) Have a friend that sat in on a meeting out east with a corparate guy holding a meeting at a undisclosed satellite terminal. He supposedly said that by March this company will be half its workforce!

So I can only come to the conclusion that at least 50% of the workers at Yellow and Roadway are doing close to nothing all day, every day, and YRC can afford to lose them.

Seems to me, that with the exception of a few positions, if Yellow and Roadway bring their customers with them, they will still have work. Some reduction I can believe, but 50% seems way out there.

take it to the bank accurate info

after 8 years of visiting the KCM driver's room infrequently, i can tell you that the advance info heard there is just as good as notices under the glass on the union bulletin board.

YRC is a freight moving company.

we are the labor that moves the freight.

if the company changes to follow the freight flow then, we have to as well.

right now we're in the middle of a perfect storm and we have to help out the guys who have been giving us paychecks and keeping us healthy all this time.

so why all this friggin' controversy?

i know the meet turns are working as i drive one of them.

we have to shorten our average length of haul to compete.

so we have to realign the system while standing hip deep in **** with a 50 mph wind blowing and pouring rain in our faces.

simple choice for me.

i want to see jimmy g back punching a YRC time card again cuz he gets it.

BTW; yrcrdkcm, i'm a new teamster, i hit my first teamster local union# 469 timecard for krajack tank lines in carteret, nj. in may 1967 so don't try to play no boogie woogie on me.

if you knew so much why didn't you go to conway or fedex freight when you left overnite, that way you wouldn't have all this grief and your 401-k would be down 55% while our pensions are still mostly holding on.

if you knew so much why didn't you go to conway or fedex freight when you left overnite, that way you wouldn't have all this grief and your 401-k would be down 55% while our pensions are still mostly holding on.
Because I didn't care to work for a non-union company. Oh and if you think the pension is holding on wait until the 3rd quarter report comes out. By the way our pension is invested in the same markets.To my knowledge is late being posted.