TForce | Job Classifications

He might be one that thinks we will be under the Parcel contract.

Not gonna happen mbreeze.

Huh ? Why in the world would we want to be under parcels contract ? We would have 250,000 brownies making decisions for freight,most of whom have never worked freight and know nothing about the modern freight biz ! We would want a seperate contract with a "No Transfer,No Dovetail" clause to keep parcel guys from taking freight jobs in case things get slow and vice-versa. This will be termed the NUPSFMA.:rockon:

Huh ? Why in the world would we want to be under parcels contract ? We would have 250,000 brownies making decisions for freight,most of whom have never worked freight and know nothing about the modern freight biz ! We would want a seperate contract with a "No Transfer,No Dovetail" clause to keep parcel guys from taking freight jobs in case things get slow and vice-versa. This will be termed the NUPSFMA.:rockon:

WOWWOWOWOW How do you even pronounce that.:hysterical: :hysterical:

You should have quoted your own post with that HUH?

mr breeze-
There is no thirty and out anymore....pension cutbacks !

There is no thirty and out with PARCEL, did you get mixed up?

Hi allstar05.
How are you doing these days?
Are you doing any driver training?
I was woundering if all the UPS Freight drivers were to be trained in the smith system,by all the terminal driver trainers,or just the new hires?

When I went to be trained to be a driver trainer,my trainer said that all the drivers would have to be trained in the smith system before the 1st of 2007.
But theres no way thats going to happen.
May be this is one idea that was never going to fly from the get go?

I hope,you and your loved ones are well,and I also want to thank you for your help this last summer.

It might be the new hires Apo, I haven't gone through the training here yet. They have had plenty opportunities to. I know the question was for someone else just tossing my two cents in.

apo I have been training some of our city driver in the smith system.all should be done by the end of 2007 thats city and road.I have been busy with getting all the terms in the mid atlantic reg trained on the diads. I'm one of the diad trainer also.I also been doing safety inspection at the terms when doing the diad training for the safety team.How about your self. Also Happy Holidays to you and your Family be safe........

I did two accident follow ups,and two days with a new hire.
We got busy and my TM was able to clear the new hire through the safety dept.,somehow.
This and trying to get our dock crew to wear seat belts on the forklifts and sound the horns when exiting the trailers is a losing deal.
I told them to get in the practise of being safe,and before long they will do these things with out thinking about it.
So far they don't want to hear it,so they don't bother.
They don't do what they should in front of all the supervisors,and the TM,I'm not going to be a baby sitter.
I did my duty instructing them on how UPS wants it.
My job is done.
All I am now is the mean old safety man if I mention that they aren't doing something.

Thats all I've done since my training this summer.

I had a stent put in my main heart artery Oct.12.
I was only out 8 working days for that.
I've been going strong ever since,thank God.
Thanks for the come back allstar05,you also have a very Merry Christmas,my friend.

Accel, I think the term that is being floated around in teamster circles is the "National UPSF Master Agreement"

Steve, No someone else is mixed up about 25 and out...can't retire from UPS untio you're 62

Accel, I think the term that is being floated around in teamster circles is the "National UPSF Master Agreement"

Steve, No someone else is mixed up about 25 and out...can't retire from UPS untio you're 62

Well it's new too me, as far as the NUPSFMA but I copy.... Post 20 explains the pention fund....

I did two accident follow ups,and two days with a new hire.
We got busy and my TM was able to clear the new hire through the safety dept.,somehow.
This and trying to get our dock crew to wear seat belts on the forklifts and sound the horns when exiting the trailers is a losing deal.
I told them to get in the practise of being safe,and before long they will do these things with out thinking about it.
So far they don't want to hear it,so they don't bother.
They don't do what they should in front of all the supervisors,and the TM,I'm not going to be a baby sitter.
I did my duty instructing them on how UPS wants it.
My job is done.
All I am now is the mean old safety man if I mention that they aren't doing something.

Thats all I've done since my training this summer.

I had a stent put in my main heart artery Oct.12.
I was only out 8 working days for that.
I've been going strong ever since,thank God.
Thanks for the come back allstar05,you also have a very Merry Christmas,my friend.

They can take their saftey bull some where else. If they really cared about saftey they would not keep telling us that we have to drive all winter on 4/32 tires untill the wear bars are gone. No tires untill you have reached the wear bars. This makes for great safe driving in the snow. I can hardly wait for the snow to hit CT. Allthough Im not shy, I wont work if it snows, untill I get new drive tires period!

Apo, One more thing. I think all you saftey trainers should take a ride with a road driver during the night in a snow storm with our almost bald rear tires. And then get back to me with yout thoughts on safety.

Apo, One more thing. I think all you saftey trainers should take a ride with a road driver during the night in a snow storm with our almost bald rear tires. And then get back to me with yout thoughts on safety.

Buster you got an attitude and we need that adjusted,K....... Your not seeing the vision and you bring up very good points that can not be argued with so we need you to be quiet......Greatly appreciate your service Management.........

You got to make nice with the mechanics....That is the only way I got tires....Spinning out is one thing but when you don't stand a chance to begin with ......Well that will make a driver upset.....

If you feel your driving on unsafe tires,make out an out of service tag,and talk to your TM.
My TM had a talk with me today,and he got me straigtened out on our safety program.
Seems I was in error.
I am to observe unsafe practises.
Than address them.
If I see someone not wearing a seatbelt on one of our fork lifts.
I'm not to look the other way,and walk off.
I'm to talk to them about not doing what they've been trained to do.
My TM has a lot to do to keep our terminal profitable.
I'm the safety trainer,its my place to make sure our terminal is safe,and if it isn't I need to let him know.
He can't be everywhere,or see everything.
I see the error of my ways.
Everything is going to be a lot different around our terminal from now on.
All this time my TM wanted to work with me,and I thought he didn't care?
I know theres no amount of money to make being a UPS Freight terminal manager worth it in my book.
We employees have had a lot of changes to deal with since UPS took us over.

I can see the old Overnite honey moon is over.
Now its the UPS way,or the Highway.

I am confused,,,,why is the lead dockman at the bottom of the food chain and roaddrivers at the top of the chain???? I drive city and don't consider either on above or below me ,,sorry about the comment I am about to make but thought we all we part of the team?? Oh my God ,I sounded like mangment!!!

How long have you been with the company begone?
Theres company senority your start date for first pick on vaccations.
And theres class senority for work bids.

I'm number two over all classes at my terminal.
I'm also number two on the city drivers board.
If I wanted to bid to the road or the dock.
I'd have to go to the bottom of either class I wanted to bid into.
By doing this I'd have to give up my number two spot on the city board.
If sometime in the future I didn't like what I was doing,and wanted to bid back into the city.
First there would have to be an opening on the city board.
If so I'd have to come in at the bottom.
Thats life,whatever you were hired to do originaly,your better off if you can learn to like it.
Or go to the bottom of anyother job class that opens up.