TForce | Job Classifications

What seniority are you talking about? We have nothing like that. I lose at least $200 a week to junior guys that start before me. And I'm not the only one. We like to say, if you're a newbie, you get the best runs, starts and of coarse a new tractor. One seniority list too!! I've payed my dues as well as others. Can't wait for the horses.

I am confused,,,,why is the lead dockman at the bottom of the food chain and roaddrivers at the top of the chain???? I drive city and don't consider either on above or below me ,,sorry about the comment I am about to make but thought we all we part of the team?? Oh my God ,I sounded like mangment!!!

Food Chain, Meaning seniority.

Buster you got an attitude and we need that adjusted,K....... Your not seeing the vision and you bring up very good points that can not be argued with so we need you to be quiet......Greatly appreciate your service Management.........:hysterical: :hysterical:

You got to make nice with the mechanics....That is the only way I got tires....Spinning out is one thing but when you don't stand a chance to begin with ......Well that will make a driver upset.....
I tried this. I even brought my knee pads with me, It didn't work.

What seniority are you talking about? We have nothing like that. I lose at least $200 a week to junior guys that start before me. And I'm not the only one. We like to say, if you're a newbie, you get the best runs, starts and of coarse a new tractor. One seniority list too!! I've payed my dues as well as others. Can't wait for the horses.

10-4, copy that, seniority in this company means you get more of a headache when it comes to dealing with dispatch, I have had better results pulling my toenails out with pliers, then practicing seniority in this dump. It means nothing at all...... Cant wait for the horses.....

How long have you been with the company begone?
Theres company senority your start date for first pick on vaccations.
And theres class senority for work bids.

I'm number two over all classes at my terminal.
I'm also number two on the city drivers board.
If I wanted to bid to the road or the dock.
I'd have to go to the bottom of either class I wanted to bid into.
By doing this I'd have to give up my number two spot on the city board.
If sometime in the future I didn't like what I was doing,and wanted to bid back into the city.
First there would have to be an opening on the city board.
If so I'd have to come in at the bottom.
Thats life,whatever you were hired to do originaly,your better off if you can learn to like it.
Or go to the bottom of anyother job class that opens up.

I hired in on this system and scrounged at the bottom of the road board 4-ever.I paid my road dues here and every other place I have worked. This is a real sore subject for me,because under the company seniority plan that some want,if a peddle driver decided he/she coulnd't hack it anymore,they could bump me back on the road board.BTW,I have asked several different brownies from different barns about this and they have told me that it is different from barn to barn.They said that was negotiated at the Local level. I have no desire to peddle freight. If you are not being allowed to bid start times in the city,that really sucks. At my barn they have at least two city bids per year. Some times they have more. Bids are done by job class seniority.

Well when I first hired on at Overnite,July of 1986.
Our terminal had just opened in this area May of '86.
I was told back than that Overnite had courtesy senority.
Senority was offered as a courtesy so's not to have a revolt that would be negative to business growth.
The senority was put in place that we still go by at this time.

Newbees do get to work later hours,but only because they start later.

I'm number two on our city board,and come in early to do appointments,than back to the terminal to run my bid route.
I average 45,to 50 hours per week.
Its only fair for the newer drivers to get the late pickups,because of their later start times.
Sometimes they don't even get 40 hours per week.
The way it works for the later work is first back at the terminal can go out again,unless your needed to work outbound dock.

I feel our terminal is very fair in their senority practises.
I haven't a clue on how the rest of the terminals in the UPS Freight system works theirs?

benn here for 7 years and I know what the seniorty thing is,,I was just stating that it sounded like road drivers were over and above dock and city guys,,sorry for the misunderstanding,,,,,I do know that we have road guys that would like to bid off on the nasty months and stick someone else on the road with ALL the bad roads ,,then in spring bid back in to the road job,,,,with out having to go to the bottom of the list,,,having their cake and eating it too, I take the good with the bad,I don;t feel I should beable to bid dock in the winter and bid city when it gets nice out just because I can,, I am not trying to stomp on any toes here, I do my job with pride,,rain,,sun.. and in the snow!

benn here for 7 years and I know what the seniorty thing is,,I was just stating that it sounded like road drivers were over and above dock and city guys,,sorry for the misunderstanding,,,,,I do know that we have road guys that would like to bid off on the nasty months and stick someone else on the road with ALL the bad roads ,,then in spring bid back in to the road job,,,,with out having to go to the bottom of the list,,,having their cake and eating it too, I take the good with the bad,I don;t feel I should beable to bid dock in the winter and bid city when it gets nice out just because I can,, I am not trying to stomp on any toes here, I do my job with pride,,rain,,sun.. and in the snow!

What do you mean over and above? We are better than no one else. Its all team work. We are all one! If your talking about pay scale. We have covered this topic many times before. Road job is a complete different lifestyle compared to a normal mans day job. Not to mention the time away from home, Sleeping days not nights, Never having Fridays off. Being a zombie on the off days/weekends. Never sleeping with your spouce. Ect. Ect. Ect.

I like my job....just not some of the politics that go with it

Our city board bids are done every January.
Yearly bids only.
We bid for routes.
All our routes have a 10AM start time.
All the early appoinments are done by senority.
I work out of a small terminal.
We usualy have two,or three early appoinments.
The top guy gets the earlyest appoinment start time,and on down the line.

This is one of the biggest reasons all the city drivers below me on the list,want me to hurry up,and retire,so they can move up,and get more time.
Most of our regular city routes get in at least 8 hours per day.
With the appoinments we senior drivers may get an additional 2 to 3 hours per day besides our routes we are on overtime by friday.

The newbees we have do outbound dock,and road,sometimes inbound dock,and city,however they are needed.

Everything at my terminal works well with this system in place.
Other than the fact most of my co-workers want me out of the way,so they can be the ones getting more time.

Yes I'm really loved at my terminal (NOT)!!

Our city board bids are done every January.
Yearly bids only.
We bid for routes.
All our routes have a 10AM start time.
All the early appoinments are done by senority.
I work out of a small terminal.
We usualy have two,or three early appoinments.
The top guy gets the earlyest appoinment start time,and on down the line.

This is one of the biggest reasons all the city drivers below me on the list,want me to hurry up,and retire,so they can move up,and get more time.
Most of our regular city routes get in at least 8 hours per day.
With the appoinments we senior drivers may get an additional 2 to 3 hours per day besides our routes we are on overtime by friday.

The newbees we have do outbound dock,and road,sometimes inbound dock,and city,however they are needed.

Everything at my terminal works well with this system in place.
Other than the fact most of my co-workers want me out of the way,so they can be the ones getting more time.

Yes I'm really loved at my terminal (NOT)!!

I always tell the guys below me that I have a LONG career ahead of me....:tongue0015:

busternite!!! wow! I never said or implied you guys had it gravey,,,I've did the otr stuff, I know its not fun,,my hats off to you guys that do it,,I never said or thought anything about pay,, Guess I am not very good at getting a question in the right content for it to be understood!! but on the other hand if you like having friday night off and sleeping with your spouse do like they tell us at our term. "bid off to something else,,you knew what ya bid on" end quote...OK guess I stepped on enough toes! not trying to get anyone mad or upset at me!! just a 7 year newbie trying to understand LOL !1 everyone have a great x-mas and a safe newyear and may UPSF be profitable next year

busternite!!! wow! I never said or implied you guys had it gravey,,,I've did the otr stuff, I know its not fun,,my hats off to you guys that do it,,I never said or thought anything about pay,, Guess I am not very good at getting a question in the right content for it to be understood!! but on the other hand if you like having friday night off and sleeping with your spouse do like they tell us at our term. "bid off to something else,,you knew what ya bid on" end quote...OK guess I stepped on enough toes! not trying to get anyone mad or upset at me!! just a 7 year newbie trying to understand LOL !1 everyone have a great x-mas and a safe newyear and may UPSF be profitable next year

I still don't understand what you meant by, Over and above in post #47. Thats what I was trying to get from your post. Now as far as bidding off my run, I could do that. But after 28 years of running nights I would not know what to do with my self. I do take some Fridays off with the 5 weeks vacation I get.

busternite,,guess its my fault reading more in to the thread than what was there,,,,,,our rddr at our term. seem to think that they are the better than the p&d and dock,,,,they won't even fuel their own trucks,disp. has a p&d or dock guy take them and fuel up for them,,they cry like babys when its not done,,, I hear how they did 22 stops on my route with no problem and they don't know why we rant sometimes on the no. of stops,,I know for a fact that the miles I cover they couldnt do it ,so I tell them to stop blowing smoke up my a@#. and nobody fills my truck after a run ,I do it myself. so I am sorry for the misunderstanding that I had read on the posts on the food chain,,I went back and reread and I took it the wrong in the wrong content. lol Guess the holidays made a little testy!!! happy new year!

busternite,,guess its my fault reading more in to the thread than what was there,,,,,,our rddr at our term. seem to think that they are the better than the p&d and dock,,,,they won't even fuel their own trucks,disp. has a p&d or dock guy take them and fuel up for them,,they cry like babys when its not done,,, I hear how they did 22 stops on my route with no problem and they don't know why we rant sometimes on the no. of stops,,I know for a fact that the miles I cover they couldnt do it ,so I tell them to stop blowing smoke up my a@#. and nobody fills my truck after a run ,I do it myself. so I am sorry for the misunderstanding that I had read on the posts on the food chain,,I went back and reread and I took it the wrong in the wrong content. lol Guess the holidays made a little testy!!! happy new year!

ROFLMAO ! I peddled freight and have no desire to do it again ! As far as them not fueling thier own trucks but expecting you to do it....that's just pure lazyness. I fuel my own truck...I'm greedy and want the 1/2 hour clock time a week to do it !

No problem, Unfortunately no matter where you work there will always be some that don't feel they need to follow the rules and won't be part of the team. It doe's not help if the TM lets them get away with it. Enjoy the Holidays.

ROFLMAO ! I peddled freight and have no desire to do it again ! As far as them not fueling thier own trucks but expecting you to do it....that's just pure lazyness. I fuel my own truck...I'm greedy and want the 1/2 hour clock time a week to do it !

Thats $40.00 per month=$480.00 per year. It all adds up.

Its mostly respect for your own co-workers.
As well as whoever does it gets paid for it.
The bigger the terminal the harder something like this can be looked after.
TM's,and supervisors have enough to do that they don't have time baby sitting their workers work ethics toward their co-workers.
If a city driver slipseats with a road driver using the road tractor,its a given that the city drivers top the tanks for the road driver,after all its something thats being done on the clock.
We do have one road driver that makes it clear he wants to do it for the extra pay he will get.
But whatever works,its not like someone will get cheated out of any money for taking care of this need.