XPO | just thinking...

vetran peddleman

FOR ENTERTAINMENT USE ONLY
Credits
I came in for my 0730 start last week and was immediately drawn into a passionate discussion w/ other drs's on the topic of pay and benefits. then the 'what if' questions popped up. what if after xpo acquirers con-way and they actually do downgrade our pay and benefits? one driver's response was..."if they,(xpo), takes away one dollar from us, the cards will come out." this comment starting me thinking, if the cards did come en masse, would xpo shut down our ltl division-(their major intent for buying us was to get Menlo)? would xpo shut the ltl down like cf shut down cex way back when? there are a lot of unknowns and I'm not holding to organized labor , but rather just trying to get a sense of where things might go. lots of uncertainty here--- just saying.

I came in for my 0730 start last week and was immediately drawn into a passionate discussion w/ other drs's on the topic of pay and benefits. then the 'what if' questions popped up. what if after xpo acquirers con-way and they actually do downgrade our pay and benefits? one driver's response was..."if they,(xpo), takes away one dollar from us, the cards will come out." this comment starting me thinking, if the cards did come en masse, would xpo shut down our ltl division-(their major intent for buying us was to get Menlo)? would xpo shut the ltl down like cf shut down cex way back when? there are a lot of unknowns and I'm not holding to organized labor , but rather just trying to get a sense of where things might go. lots of uncertainty here--- just saying.

XPO is already familiar with handling a union. Google it and you will see.

Union never really got any traction here. We had some pretty bad times. And still just a few votes and a couple wins for the union, but no contracts.

I wonder if those knuckle draggers are gonna fix their site name. changexpo2win You can do it ! ( Waterboy voice )

Not only does the union have very little to offer. The drivers here are old. They aren't going to chance interrupting their paychecks or benefits. They just wanna get through another day until they can finally retire.

Changing the world is a young mans game. And these kids just wanna go home early and play video games. They don't wanna work at work, let alone have to do something work related after or before work. Or fight for something that, as they see it, is only going to make it easier for the senior guys to stick around longer.

I just don't see it in the cards. My opinion.

No way xpo will shut anything down bc of union activity. They may sell, but not shut down; its shareholders are expecting to get paid.

And just how much further would that put YRCW in debt? Sooner or later, the bills gotta be paid.

Apparently not. They have no intentions to even try making the pension right. And there ain't another company out there that would still have it's doors open after what all they have done. But there I see you guys every day. Still driving those beat up old trucks.

No way xpo will shut anything down bc of union activity. They may sell, but not shut down; its shareholders are expecting to get paid.

That guy knows how to get paid. And he is going to get his money. Cut and gut. Slash and cash. He has done it before and he will do it again. He keeps the parts he wants and only those parts. Some people flip houses for profit. This guy consolidates and flips massive billion dollar businesses for insane unbelievable profit.

That,along with another 15% cut,could buy alot of Hawaiian vacations...I meant conferences.

Hysterical.

If we end up under the YRC umbrella it's just to buy the trucks and terminals. All these drivers will quit. Who is stupid enough to work for 85% ? I mean we ain't stupid enough to work for 85%. I mean when the Con-way drivers said they wanted a union it was to be strong and stand together against the company not to make it easier for them to take our money by voting for a MOU. From our point of view them folks got that thing all wrong. Just saying.

Hysterical.

If we end up under the YRC umbrella it's just to buy the trucks and terminals. All these drivers will quit. Who is stupid enough to work for 85% ? I mean we ain't stupid enough to work for 85%. I mean when the Con-way drivers said they wanted a union it was to be strong and stand together against the company not to make it easier for them to take our money by voting for a MOU. From our point of view them folks got that thing all wrong. Just saying.
Actually yrc buying you would trigger a snapback provision and negating the MOU. You would see a big jump in compensation and the south would get their overtime after 8.

Enough with the speculating. He will not be cutting pay and benefits for drivers, if you do your resesarch they are actually heavily recruiting drivers and offering 5k to 10k sign on bonuses. He has made it clear his goal is to take out excess costs, primarily related to IT and public company costs (this is primarily corporate, like you don't need 2 legal depts, 2 HRs, 2 headquarters, 2 IT teams etc. )

SEE the video below!

Enough with the speculating. He will not be cutting pay and benefits for drivers, if you do your resesarch they are actually heavily recruiting drivers and offering 5k to 10k sign on bonuses. He has made it clear his goal is to take out excess costs, primarily related to IT and public company costs (this is primarily corporate, like you don't need 2 legal depts, 2 HRs, 2 headquarters, 2 IT teams etc. )

SEE the video below!
He wants to cut $170-200 million. You dont do that with IT. The cuts always come from labor. Linehaul is the biggest labor expense and will be gutted. Those sign on bonuses are for xpo's lower paying jobs. You think that guy will publicly say that labor costs will be cut in the midst of a driver shortage?

Logically think through what you said. They are hiring drivers, there is a driver shortage, their rivals are waiting to poach talent. What gives you reason to believe drivers will be a focus?

I highlighted other duplicative costs, theirs executives (~$20m right there, probably higher given Stotlar & team were well paid), Outsourced IT / Lean which he pointed to as north of $200m, then theres no need for Conway HQs, or HR or Legal, or Tax dept etc.(another $10-$15m). Theres alot to cut before drivers. Its clear

He wants to cut $170-200 million. You dont do that with IT. The cuts always come from labor. Linehaul is the biggest labor expense and will be gutted. Those sign on bonuses are for xpo's lower paying jobs. You think that guy will publicly say that labor costs will be cut in the midst of a driver shortage?
He has all the upper management and IT in house so why would he want to keep the Conway upper management and continue to outsource IT? It's like he's been saying that all along his not going to mess with the drivers when drivers are getting harder to find, plus With the freight he's already put in the system I think he will have plenty to keep us busy.