XPO | just thinking...

He will not be cutting pay and benefits for drivers
Pretty bold statement, Why did he say the compensation would remain the same for 1 year? If he was all intent on making things better he would have something along the lines of, compensation will remain the same and we hope to increase it, along with your hard work and dedication we can do it.

Pretty bold statement, Why did he say the compensation would remain the same for 1 year? If he was all intent on making things better he would have something along the lines of, compensation will remain the same and we hope to increase it, along with your hard work and dedication we can do it.

Isn't that what most companies do? They work on a annual budget. Tell me one that forecast raises years ahead.

Looking at my own post and to be fair here I will have to say I'm wrong, union lines forecast raises 5 years ahead. But the point I was making, most companies won't promise raises past what is already been given.

He has all the upper management and IT in house so why would he want to keep the Conway upper management and continue to outsource IT? It's like he's been saying that all along his not going to mess with the drivers when drivers are getting harder to find, plus With the freight he's already put in the system I think he will have plenty to keep us busy.
He is a freight broker with access to a massive network of o/o's and intermodal facilities. He MAY not cut compensation to Conway drivers to achieve his targeted savings, but those flip flops and turbines will do the work cheaper.

Did you not read that the federal government has filed a law suit saying that they owe to much money. Their is credit rated B- so they might not be able to buy Con-way. If you ave not seen it I will give you the posting.

:6788::wtflol::usa2::usa2::usa2::6788:
Enough with the speculating. He will not be cutting pay and benefits for drivers, if you do your resesarch they are actually heavily recruiting drivers and offering 5k to 10k sign on bonuses. He has made it clear his goal is to take out excess costs, primarily related to IT and public company costs (this is primarily corporate, like you don't need 2 legal depts, 2 HRs, 2 headquarters, 2 IT teams etc. )

SEE the video below!
And everyone knows you can always trust management, they would never lie to us workers, never,never,never!:growup:

Actually yrc buying you would trigger a snapback provision and negating the MOU.
You sound like the Union still has some teeth. I couldn't resist. lol

arthur%20ritis%203.jpg

Actually yrc buying you would trigger a snapback provision and negating the MOU. You would see a big jump in compensation and the south would get their overtime after 8.

Glad to hear that you agree this will never happen and have good reasons to back it up.

He wants to cut $170-200 million. You dont do that with IT. The cuts always come from labor.

Not in this case. There is enough waste to gain substantial revenue without touching labor. He won't cut our line haul. It's all next day. Two day goes on sub vans.

Did you not read that the federal government has filed a law suit saying that they owe to much money. Their is credit rated B- so they might not be able to buy Con-way. If you ave not seen it I will give you the posting.

The federal government did what ? Link ? Yes, please.

You sound like the Union still has some teeth. I couldn't resist. lol

arthur%20ritis%203.jpg
If yrc bought anything the union's teeth would have nothing to do with it. There would be a mutiny like never before seen. The company isnt that stupid, close but not that bad

I don't see XPO making cuts in drivers pay. Currently with a nationwide shortage of qualified CDL drivers, that would be stupid. What I think is their first cuts will be in sales staff. With a 3 pl you have duplication. Conway sales and XPO sales will be one of the first thing to be combined.

He wants to cut $170-200 million. You dont do that with IT. The cuts always come from labor. Linehaul is the biggest labor expense and will be gutted. Those sign on bonuses are for xpo's lower paying jobs. You think that guy will publicly say that labor costs will be cut in the midst of a driver shortage?
That sounds alot like YRC. Cut drivers wages and pension contributions to stay afloat. We got a 5% pay cut in 2009, got it all back and alot more. I think us XPO logistics dtivers are going to be just fine.