TForce | L h &"d" day

southside stress

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard anything more on when D day will come??? I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Its bad enough our extra board only gets 3 trips a week, i can only imagine what lies ahead for us road drivers that are not high enough with senority to hold a bid run. Last i heard D Day is april 15th. But even our B.A doesnt know alot either. Thx brothers

Has anyone heard anything more on when D day will come??? I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Its bad enough our extra board only gets 3 trips a week, i can only imagine what lies ahead for us road drivers that are not high enough with senority to hold a bid run. Last i heard D Day is april 15th. But even our B.A doesnt know alot either. Thx brothers

April 15th of what year? Remember all drivers have to be back to work and they can be bump at our rate if our run is cut. Probably will be a change of operations in our near future I'm guessing...

April 15th of what year? Remember all drivers have to be back to work and they can be bump at our rate if our run is cut. Probably will be a change of operations in our near future I'm guessing...

I am a little surprised that there hasn't been any thing official announced about a change of operation yet. I would imagine that it means a lot of drivers from the EOLs will be moving to the hubs. Since that is where the majority of the lhd freight will be especially at HRS where we have 2 large rail yards and another one about 45 minutes away but those guys might be based out of HAG instead since it is right up the road from them

This year. Less then a month away. The contract stats that ups has 90 days from the first day of the barginning agreement to put all laid off road drivers back to work and then they can bring in the lhd,and oh yeah by the way i forgot to mention the contractors too. Bcuz there is language on still using contractors. This whole thing is a discrace, the 69% of those that voted yes for this crap deal are pathetic. The sooner the yes men who were looking out for tbemselves get out the door in their blue and grey whitey tightys, the better we have as a union at getting a better deal. Becuz we all know alot of the guys with 25 yrs plus still bleed the overnite way of life, and dont want nothing to do with the union. But its funny to me, when those company cry babies get short changed, they cry foul n run to a steward. Thats the biggest problem i see, is that when a union comes into a non union outfit ,you still have a majority of company suck assez

I cant wait till ups gives us the shaft on this one. All im guna tell all those yes men is. something my parents used to tell me all the time when i made many bad mistakes in my life, "you made ur bed, now lay in it"

I cant wait till ups gives us the shaft on this one. All im guna tell all those yes men is. something my parents used to tell me all the time when i made many bad mistakes in my life, "you made ur bed, now lay in it"

I don't look at it like that. There are thousands of men and women that did their best. Some out of fear and some that really believed the way they voted was the best for them and their family.

I for one don't bad mouth anyone now that it is done. No one is forced to lie in any bed as you put it. This company pays the best and demands the most. From what I have seen most aren't

all that over worked...

I don't look at it like that. There are thousands of men and women that did their best. Some out of fear and some that really believed the way they voted was the best for them and their family.

I for one don't bad mouth anyone now that it is done. No one is forced to lie in any bed as you put it. This company pays the best and demands the most. From what I have seen most aren't

all that over worked...

You really are a ******* arent you?

.357 you need to move on man or go get some medicine for that depression your suffering from.

Southside you do realize the ABF employees contract now allows for subcontracting right. It is about the only way the union carriers can now compete with places like FedEx who refuse to up their drivers pay and keep them with good benefits. Life is not perfect but you have to make the best of it. Also no one has a gun pointed at your back making you stay if it gets that bad just leave it will be better for your health in the long run don't let these clowns take that from you its all we got in the long run

.357 you need to move on man or go get some medicine for that depression your suffering from.

Southside you do realize the ABF employees contract now allows for subcontracting right. It is about the only way the union carriers can now compete with places like FedEx who refuse to up their drivers pay and keep them with good benefits. Life is not perfect but you have to make the best of it. Also no one has a gun pointed at your back making you stay if it gets that bad just leave it will be better for your health in the long run don't let these clowns take that from you its all we got in the long run

Are u also a doctor????? Bcuz u sure know what everyone else needs... but on a serious note, most of the brothers that voted yes were scared into it. Most seen the "strike" scare tactic and realized they couldnt aford to live without a check.. ( living outside their means). And u brang up ABF's contract. Correct me if im wrong, but they have a % on how many loads can be ran by contractors.... right???? And the same goes with YRC .... right???? It is a very small %, but I know YRC teamsters arent to happy with the fact that 25% of all road work is either by rails or contractors. Now back to our contract. We have contractors still in our contract ( with no % ). And we also use rails ( with no % on how much they can abuse it) and now we are guna have some underpaid step brothers (LHD). Now in our contract does it say how much % they can use them????? Oh my bad i forgot ,there will be a panel set up to oversee if Brown is overusing those 3 ways of running union freight. Now do u really tbink the ones on the union side of the panel have that job and that job only????? No it will be some high ranking sux assz, one of hoffas bff's, that already has a full time kush job. That already makes 6 figures, but now he will have some more work to do,( with a big pay raise ). Open ur eyes dude, i know this isnt my father and grandfathers union anymore. And i know Jr isnt his old man. But if you think we are better off with this contract, maybe you should get on some meds. The first contract had huge loopholes in it,( the massive use of contractors). What did u think, UPS was guna play nice with the 2nd contract?????. I think im done with coming to the ups page. I cant believe how soft you guys are.

Wow Southside chill man. As far as your augment I didn't vote for hoffa/hall so don't blame me for their stupidity the only way to rebuild the contract is to get rid of the guys who negotiated them.

I hear ya. I just had alot of steam to burn, so instead of yellin at someone, i figure i could just write a short story.

I hear ya. I don't think anybody was entirely happy with this contract or the last one but I do believe they all voted on what mattered to them and their family. Hopeful we can fix the leadership in the locals and the IBT and we can then fix the contracts that JR screwed up.

Are u also a doctor????? Bcuz u sure know what everyone else needs... but on a serious note, most of the brothers that voted yes were scared into it. Most seen the "strike" scare tactic and realized they couldnt aford to live without a check.. ( living outside their means). And u brang up ABF's contract. Correct me if im wrong, but they have a % on how many loads can be ran by contractors.... right???? And the same goes with YRC .... right???? It is a very small %, but I know YRC teamsters arent to happy with the fact that 25% of all road work is either by rails or contractors. Now back to our contract. We have contractors still in our contract ( with no % ). And we also use rails ( with no % on how much they can abuse it) and now we are guna have some underpaid step brothers (LHD). Now in our contract does it say how much % they can use them????? Oh my bad i forgot ,there will be a panel set up to oversee if Brown is overusing those 3 ways of running union freight. Now do u really tbink the ones on the union side of the panel have that job and that job only????? No it will be some high ranking sux assz, one of hoffas bff's, that already has a full time kush job. That already makes 6 figures, but now he will have some more work to do,( with a big pay raise ). Open ur eyes dude, i know this isnt my father and grandfathers union anymore. And i know Jr isnt his old man. But if you think we are better off with this contract, maybe you should get on some meds. The first contract had huge loopholes in it,( the massive use of contractors). What did u think, UPS was guna play nice with the 2nd contract?????. I think im done with coming to the ups page. I cant believe how soft you guys are.

Goodbye and good luck, internet tough guy.

Teamsta, im just bringing up what most r scared to do. Its not good bye. Its wake up!!!!!! Y is ur tbname that anyways? If ur the new teamster, then we r all in trouble. And im not tryin to be a tough guy. But if u think i am then thx "brother" ive been hitting the gym lately.

What is L H and D?

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

It stands for Line Haul Driver It is a new classification that UPSF is starting after the 90 day period of putting all laid off drivers back to work at their current pay scale .

Only down side is it will be at a lower pay scale that will never catch up to ours. It will have all benefits again not equal to ours. But still better than most out there.

Hope that answers your question...