TForce | L h &"d" day

Say what? What do you call your line haul drivers now? So the company creates a new name for a road driver and that magically makes them a cheaper alternative to move freight between terminals? And you folks are ok with that!? That's nice to know...filing that under places I'll never apply to.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

Say what? What do you call your line haul drivers now? So the company creates a new name for a road driver and that magically makes them a cheaper alternative to move freight between terminals? And you folks are ok with that!? That's nice to know...filing that under places I'll never apply to.

You asked and I replied. I won't go into the reasons why I think it passed. But if it helps you not waste your time you are welcome...

And just think according to BAs out of 776 this is a better contract then ABF and YRC. We are all doomed if this is actually true.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

And just think according to BAs out of 776 this is a better contract then ABF and YRC. We are all doomed if this is actually true.

I think in some ways it is better. There is good and bad give and take in any contract.

No one can predict the future. But I wouldn't want to be with a nonunion company with

what is probably coming down the pike.

If what I think is coming down the pike I don't think it will matter but at least there is a little more protection even if it does seem superficial at times

An LHD driver will replace the sub contractors that the company already uses. The LHD drivers will be sleeper trucks that drive long haul. The company Road driver jobs that move freight from terminal to terminal are all protected through the contract. The company will now make more money hauling long haul freight on their own trucks rather that paying contractor company's to haul the one way freight for them. UPS package will operate the same way.

An LHD driver will replace the sub contractors that the company already uses. The LHD drivers will be sleeper trucks that drive long haul. The company Road driver jobs that move freight from terminal to terminal are all protected through the contract. The company will now make more money hauling long haul freight on their own trucks rather that paying contractor company's to haul the one way freight for them. UPS package will operate the same way.

They can have all that cross country team driving.

We should have gotten something about they could only operate on runs over a certain mileage ie all runs under 250 miles one way has to be moved by us of course the way the contract is worded it shouldn't effect the sleepers at all if anything it will add sleeper runs because of the union actually getting to look at the freight numbers now

Hello Brother's & Sister's. I'm a YRCF Road Driver in Hsbg., PA. Reading this thread, a couple ?'s. aren't your current "Road Driver's" red circled and protected from wage loss, seniority bidding rights and run-a-round, (in short any work loss) due to any LH Classification Driver's. That's the way it is at ABF and YRC. The PTS is 6% total annual line haul miles including rail for both companies. :cool:

Hello Brother's & Sister's. I'm a YRCF Road Driver in Hsbg., PA. Reading this thread, a couple ?'s. aren't your current "Road Driver's" red circled and protected from wage loss, seniority bidding rights and run-a-round, (in short any work loss) due to any LH Classification Driver's. That's the way it is at ABF and YRC. The PTS is 6% total annual line haul miles including rail for both companies. :cool:

The Union leaders say they are protected,...

But I don't believe it for a minute,....

The race to the bottom continues,................

Yes, We are protected. We also have priority over them if our run gets cut we bump them at out pay scale...

The Union leaders say they are protected,...

But I don't believe it for a minute,....

The race to the bottom continues,................
Brother Walleye, UPSF is so from the bottom, you would need a submarine to get there! It's up to us and the stewards to police the job. Then report to the agents.

It's always has been up to any union company to police and report to stewards and BA...

As far as race to the bottom bad attitudes will get you there the fastest.

Brother Walleye, UPSF is so from the bottom, you would need a submarine to get there! It's up to us and the stewards to police the job. Then report to the agents.

All I get from the BA is "can't file on that" or "can't tell them how to run their business" and "ride that horse until it dies"

And here I thought there was language that was supposed to keep the company from giving p/d work to contractors????

I have given up on the "union",........And the "company",...

It's no more that a job now,.....

And no idea how long it will last,............