TForce | L h &"d" day

So to try and clarify...they will still hire and employ "road drivers" and pay them the regular wages(or not), but have also set up "LHD" driver classifications to use for longer haul runs and those poor suckers are permanent second class citizens and act as a future threat to put further downward pressure on your wages. We went on strike in '94 over $9 hr part time dockworkers. Now we're allowing dues paying CDL drivers to haul company freight for permanently lower wages? There is no point in pretending collective bargaining still exists. This is a travesty.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forum Runner

So to try and clarify...they will still hire and employ "road drivers" and pay them the regular wages(or not), but have also set up "LHD" driver classifications to use for longer haul runs and those poor suckers are permanent second class citizens and act as a future threat to put further downward pressure on your wages. We went on strike in '94 over $9 hr part time dockworkers. Now we're allowing dues paying CDL drivers to haul company freight for permanently lower wages? There is no point in pretending collective bargaining still exists. This is a travesty.

It's been many years since I've looked for a job. But I seem to remember that I found out all about the job, pay, benefits, retirement, before I took the position.

The new LDH position is better than some jobs out there and worse than others out there. If you think it is a travesty then one thing for sure if you are smart you

won't bother applying for a position here. But there are a lot of truck load drivers out there that have far less than what UPSF will be offering them.

Since there are mostly nonunion carriers searching the boards hoping to see blood in the last few remaining union companies the voters that are left

will try to preserve what they have. You think these union companies can keep paying higher and higher wages while nonunion keep paying less and less.

Well, It don't work like that. As long as the drivers at UPSF are protected they can build the LDH as much as they want to. That will put more pressure on the

nonunion carriers to either cut wages more or the drivers might wake up and realize we really do have all the power. This country would shut down without us.

So this could be the beginning of the end. Or the beginning of a bright new future for the American Truck Driver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm not actually looking to apply anywhere. I've got a pretty decent gig. Just was looking around based on rumors. I had nearly 22 yrs in Teamster freight. Thanks to Bill Zollars, I bailed out. Perhaps I bailed too soon, but maybe not. I just can't wrap my head around the union selling out on CDL driving jobs. You're saying any future hires will be only LHD? Or will there still be regular road positions filled and paid accordingly? I'm still confused on this.

Well, I'm not actually looking to apply anywhere. I've got a pretty decent gig. Just was looking around based on rumors. I had nearly 22 yrs in Teamster freight. Thanks to Bill Zollars, I bailed out. Perhaps I bailed too soon, but maybe not. I just can't wrap my head around the union selling out on CDL driving jobs. You're saying any future hires will be only LHD? Or will there still be regular road positions filled and paid accordingly? I'm still confused on this.

Well, What I was trying to get at was I don't think you can completely blame UPSF or the union for the way contract went.

There seem to be more drivers content to drive for a lot lest than what this industry should be paying.

Most seems to be proud of their low wages and costly benefits as long as they can boast of being nonunion.

Until that changes I'm sure the bulk of new hires will be the LHD classification.

Its not much difference than the sub contractors hauling our freight. The union has allowed this for years now. It happens in all union and non union freight companies. The Idea is to replace the sub contractors with company LHD drivers. The company will profit big time from this move. As long as road driver jobs are protected and allowed to grow as stated in our contract, I don't have a problem with it. I would rather see the company make the profits than the sub contractor companies make the profits, after all, we need the company to be profitable so we can continue to enjoy the wages and benefits we receive.

Hello Brother's & Sister's. I'm a YRCF Road Driver in Hsbg., PA. Reading this thread, a couple ?'s. aren't your current "Road Driver's" red circled and protected from wage loss, seniority bidding rights and run-a-round, (in short any work loss) due to any LH Classification Driver's. That's the way it is at ABF and YRC. The PTS is 6% total annual line haul miles including rail for both companies. :cool:
And this is why im not happy with our language on our contract. There is no % on how much the LHD will be used, and how much. The contractors will be used ( becuz the language states we will cut down on the use of contractors, but not completely stop using them). So really the language dont mean crap. Brown will use n abuse LHD N contractors like they r now. Its ashame that we r all represnted by hoffa, ( upsf yrc abf) and we all r going to b using contractors, but for some reason upsf is the only one without a cap on the % they can b used.

Im pretty sure you can get a non LHD job here if you apply at the big hubs, but i may be mistaken. I know harrisburg was putting on close to 30 road drivers. And they werent lhd spots. Tbe 90 day period is 8 days away. The language states that all laid of drivers will b put to work under 90 days, and we should start seeing the lhd drivers start to pop up

I heard that at several of the EOLs that the guys they recalled have been told that as soon as the 90 days are up that they will be right back on layoff. That's why I still believe we are going to see a COO here by the end of the month.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I heard that at several of the EOLs that the guys they recalled have been told that as soon as the 90 days are up that they will be right back on layoff. That's why I still believe we are going to see a COO here by the end of the month.

They are suppose to be guarantee work before the LHD. So they can bump any LHD on a run. But then we have the contractors with still no limitations so like the first contract they will use and abuse us while the union collects our dues...

But it's all good we voted for it so everybody needs to go to work and do a fair days work for an above fair days pay. No more whining please. If you are one of the ones with the seniority to work steady consider yourself fortunate and work towards the next contract. That is all anyone can do.

Do you know what UPS and truck drivers have in common. They are real slow to make changes...

I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not complaining I'm just stating information that I was given from the people that told me about they were effected in this manner.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I'm not complaining I'm just stating information that I was given from the people that told me about they were effected in this manner.

We just have to hold the BA and the shop Stewards accountable that are only in this for what they can gain personally. They are the worse of all, and believe me they're out there...

Lol Skeeter are you sure you don't work at HRS local vp is a driver here BA used to be a driver here and they still let the company walk all over us. In fact VP had a steward removed on phony union charges.

Lol Skeeter are you sure you don't work at HRS local vp is a driver here BA used to be a driver here and they still let the company walk all over us. In fact VP had a steward removed on phony union charges.

I know you are ok as long as your seniority is below the steward. :biglaugh: This first generation of upsf teamsters will be long time pushing up daisy's

before a real union begins to form. I just do my job the way I am suppose to and don't worry about what others are doing or the union.

I'm sorry it's that way but it is and I have things a lot more important than this job. (FAMILY)

So I try to mind my on business and if I can I will help a brother or sister I will. But from what I have seen most will slit your throat just to move up one.

But you know it's always been that way right. No new news here. But I still enjoying poking my nose in and having something to yak about...:usa2:

There are two many companies out there screaming for drivers to be to unhappy where they are working at...

This job has it's problems and we all bad mouth them for it because that's our nature. lol!

But if anyone leaves thinking the grass is greener on the other side probably hasn't experienced enough of life yet and are in for a few more surprises...

Well i know for a fact a knx (knoxville tn) road driver transfered to pdh (paducah ky). And it was a small coo, the road drivers that got bumped at pdh were not too happy, but they forgot to realize, all they did was lose one spot in senority, the knx driver had to pack up and leave his community behind and start a new life.I tried telling the two pdh drivers that werent too happy, to accept him becuz he is your teamster brother, and not single him out like enemy #1. But they didnt want to hear it. Its going to be a rough ride for some in the nxt couple months. And i hope those that voted no twice dont feel the pain from a coo, and that the ones that voted yes can deal with all the vb.s. bcuz remember they were the ones that thought this was a great T.A

I know you are ok as long as your seniority is below the steward. :biglaugh: This first generation of upsf teamsters will be long time pushing up daisy's
G
before a real union begins to form. I just do my job the way I am suppose to and don't worry about what others are doing or the union.

I'm sorry it's that way but it is and I have things a lot more important than this job. (FAMILY)

So I try to mind my on business and if I can I will help a brother or sister I will. But from what I have seen most will slit your throat just to move up one.

But you know it's always been that way right. No new news here. But I still enjoying poking my nose in and having something to yak about...:usa2:

There are two many companies out there screaming for drivers to be to unhappy where they are working at...

This job has it's problems and we all bad mouth them for it because that's our nature. lol!

But if anyone leaves thinking the grass is greener on the other side probably hasn't experienced enough of life yet and are in for a few more surprises...

I know that the grass is NOT GREENER, for there is no grass ,the other side is pure mud. great poinT SKEETER!!!!

Well i know for a fact a knx (knoxville tn) road driver transfered to pdh (paducah ky). And it was a small coo, the road drivers that got bumped at pdh were not too happy, but they forgot to realize, all they did was lose one spot in senority, the knx driver had to pack up and leave his community behind and start a new life.I tried telling the two pdh drivers that werent too happy, to accept him becuz he is your teamster brother, and not single him out like enemy #1. But they didnt want to hear it. Its going to be a rough ride for some in the nxt couple months. And i hope those that voted no twice dont feel the pain from a coo, and that the ones that voted yes can deal with all the vb.s. bcuz remember they were the ones that thought this was a great T.A

I don't think anyone thought this was a great TA. There were going to be changes regardless rather the vote was yes or no. I wouldn't lose any sleep over how anyone feels. We have a contract and as long as it is in force there are going to be winners and losers in every terminal. Some will be men and women about it and other will be little whinny adolescents. But in the big world we all have to accept changes that come down the road of life. You are right it is probably going to some rough going ahead. If I am bumped down one notch I am not going to whine and cry like a little baby. This is the contract that was passed and we all have to live by it...

If that is true they can't use any LHD with men laid off...