Estes | Lasagna is not the problem

ok

Ok i luv rob. Sorry I thought you were serious. And I am Glad it was a joke.:hysterical: That is good . Now Ol' Rob E. Won't have to put you in and pay for a re-hab clinic.:hysterical::hysterical:

Stick to the rules we have put in place.

Hello all, first let me respond to Mad trucker. I am a driver, if you would re-read my first post you should see that I was not serious.I realize how frustrating it is to watch while others abuse the system,not to mention how angry it makes one feel. I have been working here for quite a long time now and have seen just about everything. I try to find humor in these things as that is how I cope with the stress it creates. I have been reading the post on this forum and find it hard to believe that there are so many REAL problems aside from the bribery that go unmentioned. Before I go any further I want to come clean about my identity. Just like the rest of you I value my job here tremendously as it is my livelihood.Who I am and where I run out of in my opinion is not important,bringing up and addressing important issues is. If I am permitted to remain in this forum I believe that some of you may find what I have to say quite relevant. I will refrain from any further comments until I see if the moderators will allow me to continue to post. I say this because I realize that at least a couple of rules were not adhered to. In closing, I look forward to having the opportunity to share my thoughts and experiences with all of you.

Please stick to the rules that we have put in place and all will be fine. This goes for all truckingboard members here , we need this place to be a informational and safe place of debate.

Thank you. / SMOKESTACK

If you would have broken the rules they would have either wiped your post or told you to be careful and read the rules. The mods in here are very good at letting us duel it out.

:1036316054: Thank you Turned.

whoa

for a minute there i thought that was estef8t or trucking4jesus :butt kiss:coming out of the closet:hysterical:

thats good that he was just joking:toxic: and i hope someday Mr Rob Estes does pay you well and pays for your health and welfare and pension! all your delays and O.T. for the city drivers after 8hours!!:

what ? that dude wasn't me if you was thinkin that. i've been playin out west in the snow for the past 2 weeks:duh: just laughing at the bull thats still on here. i have had truckinboards withdraw though:BlahBlah::hyper:

ya hwy 6 in willimington. shut down. I 70 in ut and co. chaining up on vail. man i can't wait for next week

ya hwy 6 in willimington. shut down. I 70 in ut and co. chaining up on vail. man i can't wait for next week
My hats off to ya brother,these are the kind of things Richmond didnt even think about when they bought GI.ITs an absolute ***** delivering freight in a big city,but I couldn't imagine having to throw chains in sub zero temps before driving up and down a 10,000 foot mountain every night.IM bettin staying awake isnt a problem for you guys that do this.Stay safe

reno runs out of LA

My hats off to ya brother,these are the kind of things Richmond didnt even think about when they bought GI.ITs an absolute ***** delivering freight in a big city,but I couldn't imagine having to throw chains in sub zero temps before driving up and down a 10,000 foot mountain every night.IM bettin staying awake isnt a problem for you guys that do this.Stay safe
Reno runs out of LA or so cal to reno every winter same old thing and Rob does not want to pay for chaining.GI paid for chaining and any delay that accured like going out of route to get the freight there .Had a friend who went out of route and did not get extra pay and is very mad at Estes.......:chairshot:

Reno runs out of LA or so cal to reno every winter same old thing and Rob does not want to pay for chaining.GI paid for chaining and any delay that accured like going out of route to get the freight there .Had a friend who went out of route and did not get extra pay and is very mad at Estes.......:chairshot:

go figure, rob not wanting to pay for your work! You're right about GI and most other companies, you get paid actual time to chain, and most other companies allow off route to get the delivery through. That includes staying somewhere if you run out of hours and continue on in the morning.

Right now we're having weather problems all around the country and Rob couldn't care less about paying to get the freight through.

I just heard last night on the Weather Channel that CA, OR and WA are having major record snow and rainfall, this week the mid-west was and continues to get hammered and the north east is having it's problems.

Maybe Rob should get with Al Gore and turn the mythical global warming back on so we can get our hours back in the sunlight. But then they'll just try to convince you that the winter storms are the result of global warming. Maybe through wishful thinking, the most powerful mother of all...mother nature...will get pissed off enough and nail these global warming nuts with a big bolt of lightning. Nothing like a mother slapping you to wake you up!

go figure, rob not wanting to pay for your work! You're right about GI and most other companies, you get paid actual time to chain, and most other companies allow off route to get the delivery through. That includes staying somewhere if you run out of hours and continue on in the morning.

Slinging some more BS around EH ? I get paid everytime I throw chains on my tractor or take them off. I also get paid my out of route miles EVERYTIME I take a different route. Everyone up here in the NW always gets paid those things as well.

I can chain up in half an hour - thats $12
I can unchain in 10-15 mins thats $10

Seems fair to me.

LH (I'm talking central dispatch here)has to know that you are going to take a different route BEFORE you take it. I always suggest alternative routes if the regular route is closed. If they don't want you to go they will tell you. They don't want you going more than 100 miles out of route either.

If you don't put it on your trip sheet correctly you won't get paid for it. You need the name of the person you talked to and the total out of route miles. (additional miles to the regular run)

"I didn't get paid to chain - It's Rob E's fault"
"I didn't get paid my out of route miles - It's Rob E's fault."

At some point you have to take responsiblity for yourself and stop blaming someone else because you didn't get what you are entitled to. I have made mistakes on my trip sheet that I had to have fixed. I am not perfect. Payroll isn't perfect. No company I have ever worked for has had a payroll dept. that was perfect. Humans by nature are not perfect.

Oh and by the way, you don't work for GI Trucking anymore. That is a dead horse.

You got the Global warming right, Gotta love those knuckleheads that are still pushing Global Warming and expect all of us to pay for their lame ideas on how to supposedly cure it. :biglaugh:

I don't think they throw that much iron back east. I ran into a couple East Coast drivers that had never chained before and they have worked here for 10+ years.

No, staying awake isn't a problem when you're driving in the snow, lol.

Before the change-over to Estes, we were told to stay home when it snowed here in Portland. That was when I was doing P&D.

Slinging some more BS around EH ? I get paid everytime I throw chains on my tractor or take them off. I also get paid my out of route miles EVERYTIME I take a different route. Everyone up here in the NW always gets paid those things as well.

Seems fair to me.

LH (I'm talking central dispatch here)has to know that you are going to take a different route BEFORE you take it. I always suggest alternative routes if the regular route is closed. If they don't want you to go they will tell you. They don't want you going more than 100 miles out of route either.

If you don't put it on your trip sheet correctly you won't get paid for it. You need the name of the person you talked to and the total out of route miles. (additional miles to the regular run)

At some point you have to take responsiblity for yourself and stop blaming someone else because you didn't get what you are entitled to. I have made mistakes on my trip sheet that I had to have fixed. I am not perfect. Payroll isn't perfect. No company I have ever worked for has had a payroll dept. that was perfect. Humans by nature are not perfect.

Oh and by the way, you don't work for GI Trucking anymore. That is a dead horse.

You got the Global warming right, Gotta love those knuckleheads that are still pushing Global Warming and expect all of us to pay for their lame ideas on how to supposedly cure it.
Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough, and congratulations on your chain time, I'm sure everyone is as good as you.

Actual chain time doesn't always, in fact rarely matches 12.00-1/2 hour. Also 15 minutes removal. We're not all super-chainers. :butt kiss:

As far as the off-route...all I've been hearing from out west and the mid-west is they are shut down and refused alternate routes when they ask to do so. I used to live out west and I know how to get around the WA and OR cascades, and the CA siskiyous and sierras. It's not difficult in most instances and I'd rather drive around it and stay busy than sit at home. :nutkick:

And yeah, it's absolutely Robs fault!:chairshot:

He owns Estes don't he? Policy maker isn't he? Since you're such a Rob lover, you say he has no responsibility on how his company is run? If he'd pay half attention to his TM's, dispatch and suits in the office running this masquerade, maybe we wouldn't pick on the poor guy.

Aneeway, sorree i didnt splainy myself betr b4.
:smilie_132:

Seems fair to me.

At some point you have to take responsiblity for yourself and stop blaming someone else because you didn't get what you are entitled to.

You got the Global warming right, Gotta love those knuckleheads that are still pushing Global Warming and expect all of us to pay for their lame ideas on how to supposedly cure it.
Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough, and congratulations on your chain time, I'm sure everyone is as good as you.

Actual chain time doesn't always, in fact rarely matches 12.00-1/2 hour. Also 15 minutes removal. We're not all super-chainers. :butt kiss:

As far as the off-route...all I've been hearing from out west and the mid-west is they are shut down and refused alternate routes when they ask to do so. I used to live out west and I know how to get around the WA and OR cascades, and the CA siskiyous and sierras. It's not difficult in most instances and I'd rather drive around it and stay busy than sit at home. :nutkick:

He owns Estes don't he? Policy maker isn't he? Since you're such a Rob lover, you say he has no responsibility on how his company is run? If he'd pay half the attention to his TM's, dispatch and suits in the office as running this masquerade as he does the drivers/dock, maybe we wouldn't pick on the poor guy.

And, I don't remember talking about payroll mistakes.

Aneeway, sorree i didnt splainy myself betr b4.
:smilie_132:

I don't think they throw that much iron back east. I ran into a couple East Coast drivers that had never chained before and they have worked here for 10+ years.

Heard same too. Heard most east/ne states don't want their roads chewed up so they just shut the road down to keep the trucks from tearing them up. Not bad for the taxpayers paying for road repairs, but sure sucks for the drivers trying to make the buck. Just gotta be like carpenters, etc....save that money during the good times to get through the bad times. Not criticizing here, just reality when it becomes a seasonal dependence job.

CJ Driver ???

Seems fair to me.

You got the Global warming right, Gotta love those knuckleheads that are still pushing Global Warming and expect all of us to pay for their lame ideas on how to supposedly cure it. :biglaugh:
thank GOD I don't I get paid for everything that i do know so I don't have that stress but all my FRIENDS that work there still get screwed by YES MR. Estes.I guess they need to be like you!! but this one driver who has been there over 30years got screwed for his chaining and out of route miles so keep up the good workCJ driver Rob is proud of you!!!

I never said it happens that way all the time. But that is my goal, half hour on, 15 mins or less off. Matter of fact I try to avoid it most of the time. Part of the reason I got a ticket a couple years ago for not doing it. ACK ! (trying to figure the *** kiss angle here ??)

Probably because they are over 100 miles OOR. That would be my guess. I was told that was the reason I couldn't go OOR on a run before. I am away from home enough that I would rather stay home if that were the case.

He owns Estes don't he? Policy maker isn't he? Since you're such a Rob lover, you say he has no responsibility on how his company is run? If he'd pay half the attention to his TM's, dispatch and suits in the office as running this masquerade as he does the drivers/dock, maybe we wouldn't pick on the poor guy.
And, I don't remember talking about payroll mistakes.

First of all I am NOT a Rob lover. Lets get that out of the way right now.

I never said anywhere that he isn't responsible for his company. I am sure he watches everyone alll at once everyday. Because he has sooo much free time to micro manage all of Estes employees nationwide. :chairshot: