Last one to post a picture wins !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 Intl 9400, million300thousand on it, it is my assigned tractor and I get the same city man everyday, unless he's off!
kXg3TKM.jpg
This is clearly not one of our beer delivery trucks ha-ha!

i love ranch dressing myself, brand name doesn't really matter all that much, i usually buy what is on sale, or "2 for one deals"

20120508-ranch-group.jpg

2005 Intl 9400, million300thousand on it, it is my assigned tractor and I get the same city man everyday, unless he's off!
kXg3TKM.jpg

Looks real nice. When I was driving I kept my truck(s) clean like this. I got many compliments from customers who saw it, yet never got the annual "pride of the fleet" award from the carrier I drove for. Every year that award went to rigs that were rarely clean, inside or out.

And all too often after the shop had my rig in for service I would get in it and the seat was dirty, there were greasy and muddy boot prints on the floor, and chassis grease on the steering wheel and door handles.

Took my fire extinguisher to the dealership that I bought it at for servicing today. It need a new inspection tag and to have a certified licensed fire extinguisher person look at it, you know make sure it works and is all good.
It's an Amerex 8lbs ABC dry chemical extinguisher. I think if I wasn't trucking I would learn what I need to learn to work at the fire extinguisher shop.
UeNShfi.jpg

Looks like someone had a bad day!
Yea! Bad nite, I was going south on I-75 on the back side of the mountain passing an OD truck when I felt it wiggle in the front end, I let off of it and started reaching for the hand valve and then It wiggled pretty bad an blew! By that time I had gotten it slowed down enough that OD got by me and I managed to get it slowed down enough to get off at the Stinking Creek Exit. I think it's the 143 or there about!! Tore up a bunch of good parts, and a brand new bumper!!!
Looks like someone had a bad day!

Took my fire extinguisher to the dealership that I bought it at for servicing today. It need a new inspection tag and to have a certified licensed fire extinguisher person look at it, you know make sure it works and is all good.
It's an Amerex 8lbs ABC dry chemical extinguisher. I think if I wasn't trucking I would learn what I need to learn to work at the fire extinguisher shop.
UeNShfi.jpg

I have several fire extinguishers in my house, all metal all the best brand money could buy back in the early 1980's. They have been all over my house, and in the trunk of my car. Never had them inspected, always show "green" on the gauge. Don't know if they will ever work or not when I need'em. I was told BY the guy from the company i bought them at, that no matter how new and no matter how much "charge" they have???

There is still NO GUARANTEE that they will work!

oh well.........

each one cost a lot too back then, they are all metal, (refillable), not that cheap plastic disposable crap that one can buy today

I have several fire extinguishers in my house, all metal all the best brand money could buy back in the early 1980's. They have been all over my house, and in the trunk of my car. Never had them inspected, always show "green" on the gauge. Don't know if they will ever work or not when I need'em. I was told BY the guy from the company i bought them at, that no matter how new and no matter how much "charge" they have???

There is still NO GUARANTEE that they will work!

oh well.........

each one cost a lot too back then, they are all metal, (refillable), not that cheap plastic disposable crap that one can buy today

The rule is that all extinguishers have to be recharged every 6 years. What they do is take the valve assembly apart. empty the old foam out and then fill the canister with new foam. Then put the valve assembly back on and charge the extinguisher with pressure and it is good to go.

When they inspect the extinguishers what they look for is to make sure the handles work and that there are no cuts cracks digs scraps scratches stuff like that on the canister.

Also and this is important and it goes for everyone, if you have a small fire and discharge the extinguisher even if you only give a couple squirts and the gauge still says charged, do not put the pin back in and out the extinguisher back on the wall. You must have it recharged immediately. What happens is over time the foam that did not come out will stay in the tube and clog up the valve and that will cause the extinguisher to lose pressure and not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.