ABF | lay-offs where you're at? and other ???'s

KCI-003 has 15 dock/city workers and 20 road drivers in lay off.....may the good lord help us all.........
oops. let me try again here. how many guys you got on the board? i'm trying to see how many dock guys are getting laid off,because here at 064 dayton we have 64 guys on the dock laid off and that just seems really high. thx guys for all your posts. keep the updates coming.

instead of reading the contract proposal, alot of people in dayton relied on others for their information, and sadly, they are going to pay the price for it. i know for a fact very few people over there voted against it.

instead of reading the contract proposal, alot of people in dayton relied on others for their information, and sadly, they are going to pay the price for it. i know for a fact very few people over there voted against it.
could you go into a little more detail about what you posted? pay the price? hmmm ineresting. i'm not sure what you're talking about as far as voting goes, because i can tell you for a fact,that the guys here are so fed up with our local that only one -third of the guys here vote at all. so if you could tell us what your post was geting at,that would be great.thx brother ! god bless

7 more drivers laid off @ 042 Tuesday. Now in the 80's for the layoffs. According to the Linehaul manager due to the "freight reduction tonnage." How can freight be dropping that fast to have 2 layoffs in 4 days totalling 22 drivers? There is still freight sitting in EOL termianls waiting to be moved several days after the close date.

Yeah, This is BS. The RPM service is a joke. They have eliminated alot of those bids only leaving big terminals still running. How do you sell a service that has so many lane gaps because the company is getting cheap!!!!!!! We can't compete with conway and fed ex like this. And this was supposed to be the future of our company. What shipper can have any confidence in us any more? It seems management just doesn't get it. Lets just keep delivering freight when we feel like it not when it is due. I'm extremely concerned about this company!!!!

have not heard of a single UE or RPM or PSE employee, whatever they are called, told to stay home "we have no freight" tonight. More of these drivers are being added to run more roadmans job. BUT this, so called ND or HV freight, was not to effect the road operation. B__ls__t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At 330 they did away with the ue bid. What they are doing is loading one pup with 2 day and next day freight and hooking it with the other ltl pup. We are small here so we only have 2 or 3 outbound trailers a night. Then the road driver drops that pup in moline. My gripe is that sometimes he doesn't make it on time to moline and the other ltl freight sits til god knows when in our yard. We are not moving our freight timely enough to keep costumers. When they stoped the ue bid our third biggest costumer stopped shipping with us. Great call. Keep the good choices coming.

7 more drivers laid off @ 042 Tuesday. Now in the 80's for the layoffs. According to the Linehaul manager due to the "freight reduction tonnage." How can freight be dropping that fast to have 2 layoffs in 4 days totalling 22 drivers? There is still freight sitting in EOL termianls waiting to be moved several days after the close date.

I was one of the 7 laid off at 042. I have been running good even up until I got home today. Real Bright!!!!:duh:

teamster 776---- I know what your saying. I returned last Friday from 051 from a broken FTC bid and was laid off immediately. I was extra #69 if you can figure that out. Send me a private message and we can " chat and solve" this layoff crisis :)

teamster 776---- I know what your saying. I returned last Friday from 051 from a broken FTC bid and was laid off immediately. I was extra #69 if you can figure that out. Send me a private message and we can " chat and solve" this layoff crisis :)

I was the last guy on the FTC board when I got laid off in the early Nov. But what is really funny is that the night before the "Video (⊙▃⊙)" called me at 19:00 to go out when I was sitting around for I think like 18hours and I dropped fatigue on him and the next morning Chuck W. called me at home to let me know that I was going to be laid off. "Were all family" right? :nutkick: