Yellow | Layoff #'s @ Your Barn

did anyone here why we are working stl freight in indy yet

We have really been bombed out on the STL dock the previous month(not enough help)loads that were arriving weren't being worked for a day sometimes even 2 days it was backed up that bad.I heard last week they were gonna run some freight around us and it looks to be true.STL dock was real slow this past week and no extras worked on the dock on sun(12/30) 1st sunday with no dock 10%'s in about 2 months.please keep us updated

The week before last I looked at my flysheets on the loads I was about to take to KCM and they both were destined for STL but changed to KCM. One was from LOU and the other from PDU. I made copies and walked out on the dock and found Mike G. and gave them to him.

2 more city drivers laid off this week at CVE/RFO! 10 more dock/yard laid off too! No layoffs this week in road or office. I heard layoffs aren't over yet!

TeamCujo..I'm a laid off COL linehaul and havn't been keeping up with what is going on there. Actually working another job. what new stunts were you referring to?

Word is that guys laid off under this new sweetheart soft layoff can't use the Columbus Seniority Practice to bump to the Local Cartage Board. I'ts stuff like this that needs greived. The company thinks these soft layoffs wont last past time that it's heard locally and that the Union will say by the time it gets to the State level they will be back to work. We shouldn't care whether or not individually it will effect us but how it effects us collectively. If your not allowed to use the Practice don't just say there is nothing I can do, file on it no matter who tries to talk you out of it. Make the Union do it's job.

That's Why We Pays Our Dues!

Word is that guys laid off under this new sweetheart soft layoff can't use the Columbus Seniority Practice to bump to the Local Cartage Board. I'ts stuff like this that needs greived. The company thinks these soft layoffs wont last past time that it's heard locally and that the Union will say by the time it gets to the State level they will be back to work. We shouldn't care whether or not individually it will effect us but how it effects us collectively. If your not allowed to use the Practice don't just say there is nothing I can do, file on it no matter who tries to talk you out of it. Make the Union do it's job.
RIGHT ON BROTHER! That's what we call "Rank and File Power"!:USA:

And we are the Union if we don't file ,then the Union isn't doing it's job.

stl dock worker looks likr they took the break bulk out of columbus a little to soon we also heard they been eating a lot of exact express heard anthing on that

stl dock worker looks likr they took the break bulk out of columbus a little to soon we also heard they been eating a lot of exact express heard anthing on that

There is no way with the amount of layoffs that they can be at the so called 98% exact goal.I would bet big money alot of these EE shipments system-wide have been freebies.I haven't heard any specific EE numbers screwedincol.

14 more road drivers laid off at CVE starting 1-6-08. Heard that only 1 bumped to the dock/yard. They're back into about 2001 seniority on layoff on the road board now! Approximately 84 laid off on CVE road board!

At Roadway KC, if your Road & become laidoff, you can work in City just ahead of Casuals, NO BUMPING! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

CGB is beginning to lay off the bottom of the board. I don't know how many have gotten letters, but the rumor is that it's only going to be soft.

going on 2 months of a hard lay-off...starting to feel it now. Hope we get back soon. Just gotta cut back on the eating out!

I just got laid off at Rdwy. What I do not understand is that if you get laid off, why not find another job? I know it is not going to be union, but the wife, kids and dog have to be fed and housed.( Especially the dog):biglaugh:

I had feelers out a couple of months ago when the lays off began the first week of November. I am not being critical, just wondering??

At Roadway KC, if your Road & become laidoff, you can work in City just ahead of Casuals, NO BUMPING! Mustache Retired Roadway:smilie_132:

So true in the ATL........but if the dock has layoffs and are not using any casuals.....you might as well find something else during the layoff, or sit by the woodstove and make up for it after winter........KK

I just got laid off at Rdwy. What I do not understand is that if you get laid off, why not find another job? I know it is not going to be union, but the wife, kids and dog have to be fed and housed.( Especially the dog):biglaugh:

I had feelers out a couple of months ago when the lays off began the first week of November. I am not being critical, just wondering??

I can agree on that! Many times drivers would lay out, call in sick or plain did not want to run when freight was heavy.

Now Karma has bit you on the a$$ and you are not prepared for a slow down in the winter.
Been trucking since 1973 and it has always been like that in LTL Freight.........if they ain't buying, we ain't truckin'!.....KK

I see you are proud to show the red and green. I have one of the big CF trailer signs,
never used, hanging in my garage. Also have the big Consolidated Freightways sign too.
I'm laid off road and bump to the dock/yard. Because with 18 years in, I'm soooo close to getting 20 years in, and every week counts. 20 years in and I get something for putting up with being laid off 6 times at Yellow and working 10 years straight at CF.

Oh, I have a job, but nothing out there pays like Yellow! We saved up money for the layoff and I have a job with a driver temp agency but $14 an hour and .30 cents a mile is a pain in the BLANK (real word was censored by this website to preserve someone's moral sensibilities!!!) when I was used to making over 50 cents a mile!!