Yellow | Layoff #'s @ Your Barn

i also heard that yellow has to come up with 40 million big ones to pay off holland dept now instead of the 40 year agreement watch the stocks boys

STL just laid off two more on the road to make a total of Fifty road drivers laid off now. LOM is screaming for more drivers to handle the freight but CDO keeps calling for lay offs. What's up with this? Are they trying to lose business. we are supposed to have two new customers coming on line in STl this month. Hope we have enough drivers to handle the freight.

Last week 40 were laid off on road in Nashville-not sure about city(heard 27,but not sure).Sure do hope there's no more layoffs coming, but freight is slower than I have seen it. Wonder how the other carriers are doing? Best of luck to everybody!!!

Laid Off Line Haul @ St. Louis Roadway

#341 Roadway in St. Louis as of 01/07/08 is sitting with a 105 man ROAD BOARD and 10 of those are laid off along with 2 on ESL giving a total working board of 93!! :hide:

STL just laid off two more on the road to make a total of Fifty road drivers laid off now. LOM is screaming for more drivers to handle the freight but CDO keeps calling for lay offs. What's up with this? Are they trying to lose business. we are supposed to have two new customers coming on line in STl this month. Hope we have enough drivers to handle the freight.

i know we are getting steris but who is the other new customer ?

Not Sure who the other customer is STL Dock but that is the skinny that came down sunday when my buddy called to inform me that I am now the bottom of the active board at STL on the road.I'll ask around and see if I can't come up with a name for you.

man that is a hard hit to lcp, I know i'm one of them, Did most of them come from the Dock extra board? I was on the city sup board, just curious to how many in the city,jock, dock

Lcp

I think LCP just cut 19 more bids today. Has anyone else got any numbers on this at all? Call the hot line

Thats okay, the way I read it, if the contract goes through, very few if any will be called back. If you look at the contract, the company doesn't have to take laid off drivers or dockmen, for Utility Driver positions. They can hire from outside if they choose to. Anyone not vested will have partially exhausted their unemployment by then and the company can walk away. The union will get all the non vested pension money that has been contributed and not have any obligations to any of them, making their funding percentage jump accordingly.

Why would the company hire outside people when they can just call back the current workers who know what Yellow wants them to do?

What I'm trying to say is they have trained workers waiting to come back.
So why would they want to hire green horns to take laid off workers places?

I guess I've been out of the union to long.
I really hate to say this but its looking like things have really gone down hill since I was a Teamster.

Thats okay, the way I read it, if the contract goes through, very few if any will be called back. If you look at the contract, the company doesn't have to take laid off drivers or dockmen, for Utility Driver positions. They can hire from outside if they choose to. Anyone not vested will have partially exhausted their unemployment by then and the company can walk away. The union will get all the non vested pension money that has been contributed and not have any obligations to any of them, making their funding percentage jump accordingly.

Unfortunately you are right on the money with this one. In fact, I have heard a couple people in management say that the whole extra board at LCP will be gone this time next year and some others too.

Why would the company hire outside people when they can just call back the current workers who know what Yellow wants them to do?

Simply to take advantage of people who have no knowledge of what they are getting into and being naive to it all. Basically, take advantage of a persons good will and push them to the limit all over again. In addition, they would all start out at a lower rate and take all those years to hit top rate. Plus, the IBT does win by pocketing all the money of the people with less then 5 years in too. Finally, a foreman at LCP always said we were being exploited and what a social injustice it really is when you see the whole picture.

Exploitation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

vesting

hold on here!!!!!!!!!!! the union(IBT) does NOT get any money from non-vested employees... that money is all controlled by central states pension fund completly seperate from the teamsters. hoffa jr. can't get or spend a penny of that money..no 2 almost everyone of the laid -off drivers (yellow roadway holland abf new penn) have over 5 years in the teamsters. there vested already can't lose that. i personally only have 3+ years in freight but 14 as a teamster like most everyone else i'm chasing that pension...i'm laid off but i will not lose my 14years if they never call me back ( THATS A FACT) may not be anything left tho

1. I didn't say the IBT got any of the money. What I said was they could rewrite history. Instead of this being a bloodbath of betrayal, it could be projected down the road as having been the savior of LTL pensions (all regions) by Hoffa. Remember, history is written by the winners !!!

2. Maybe in your barn they do. However in many linehaul barns, the bottom 10 - 13% don't, unless they came from another LTL. I'm vested elsewhere also, however I was told by Central States, you have to have 5 years HERE, in Central States, to have your YRC years vested.

Apostolic, the reason they could dump all non-vested teamsters like that is simple, more money for each regions pension funds.

The company makes money by hiring 75%'rs in all Utility positions and saves a fortune also.

I had to go back and read the contract again after a post of the company hire new personal , before they use the current employee's to fill the Utility Driver.Can you show me that paragraph. I don't see it there.

1. I didn't say the IBT got any of the money. What I said was they could rewrite history. Instead of this being a bloodbath of betrayal, it could be projected down the road as having been the savior of LTL pensions (all regions) by Hoffa. Remember, history is written by the winners !!!

2. Maybe in your barn they do. However in many linehaul barns, the bottom 10 - 13% don't, unless they came from another LTL. I'm vested elsewhere also, however I was told by Central States, you have to have 5 years HERE, in Central States, to have your YRC years vested.

Apostolic, the reason they could dump all non-vested teamsters like that is simple, more money for each regions pension funds.

The company makes money by hiring 75%'rs in all Utility positions and saves a fortune also.

waggs go back and read your post 227 nothing about rewriteing history................no1 how can this be a savior to ltl pensions , if the utility driver is going to cost jobs how does more get paid into the fund with less drivers? no2 i have to disagree with that 10-13% figure. ive work for abf yellow and holland and none at the bottom of most boards have less than 5 years, no3 cenrtal states don't care where your 5 years come from. it DOES NOT have to be 5 years at one place (all yellow,roadway etc..)no4 the company will have senior men fighting over the utility positions.count on that75%won't have a chance for them