Yellow | Layoff Updates:

Roadway Bloomington, Ca. 75 out of 407 laid off on the City & Dock side. No lay offs in line haul with a board of 187. We do work laid off Yellow drivers sometimes in line haul.

At 155 baltimore ,12 city layed off 2 weeks ago but on 10/27 6 were called back.The dock is still full of freight and somedays strips sit in the yard.The board now stands at 74 from 80 city and no layoffs in linehaul 11.

The 45 laid off STL (Yellow) road men is on a board of 153. When freight slows down we not only suffer in our primary lanes.......we have always run a ton of reversals to CVE, CGB, COL, ATL, NSH, etc. so we get a one-two punch and the layoff numbers show it.

141 Philly,
8 layed off, combo and dock, no road
spuratic call backs on day to day basis, 3 combos,2 dock getting some days back.

it seemed to be a little premature at times!

Hey all fellow yellow brothers....Big brown is laying off also after christmas (rumor at this point) but it is looking that it will happen, first time in history that this will happen

No rumor , In Chicago there already have been some UPS layoffs.
I know at DHL here in the Windy, 60 more get laid off on Friday ,New bid coming out shortly, with I'm sure alot fewer slots. Of course DHL is a whole different story. I'm not going to bore you people with it . But I'll close by saying that it doesn't look good for us at DHL. On the East coast Ny,NJ, and Ct. They had close to 2,000 driver's at one time . Down to about 400 by next March.
Things got to get get better RIGHT????!!!!!!!!!!!

Toledo Roadway 251; 4 more road drivers, 2 clerks, 2 city, 2 supervisors canned. Not sure about dock, but I think you need about 20 years to work.

Roadway /341 St Louis
2 Laid off on road with more coming depending upon freight levels. and over half our board is on sleepers with it primarly the Junior guys
heard as many as 10 possible but numbers going to go up soon unfortunately

city/dock was at 14/15 laid off. but think that's changing too :(

I hope this don"t get like last Nov. bring load"s into term. only to be put on back row to sit for a month, until they call men back to work to get it caught up. We lost customer"s we will never get back because of that.

Can somebody post the layoff rules concerning overtime let's make sure the layed off men are being called back thanks eagle

we were told @671 winston roadway that the dont care that we exceeded our hours and men should be called back , they said we will not bring any back . greivence filed but not heards yet

I heard (rumor) that there will be 3700+ to be layed off this year...with all of YRCW companies... does this mean every company of YRCW or just Roadway and Yellow?