------------------------

Effective Sunday 11-09-2008...

Road laid off another 6 bringing the total road drivers
laid off to 70!

Dock/Yard layoffs remain at 53!

City layoffs remain at 13!

Total layoffs at CVE/RFO *** 136 ***

:chairshot:

Hey KCFAN I stand very corrected. Thanks for the update just go the word about the other four drivers at STL. RoadHazard being the bottom man with approx twelve years on the road at Yellow in STL doesn't sound good. But thanks again I took your advise and read all the way back to the beginning. Hope you all can hang in there over at Big R.:1036316054:

Hey KCFAN I stand very corrected. Thanks for the update just go the word about the other four drivers at STL. RoadHazard being the bottom man with approx twelve years on the road at Yellow in STL doesn't sound good. But thanks again I took your advise and read all the way back to the beginning. Hope you all can hang in there over at Big R.:1036316054:

No Problem there Bro...I hope we all can hang in there....but its not looking good at all!

I only have 8 and1/2 years at Yellow. If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would get laid-off this year ,I would'nt have believed it.

I only have 8 and1/2 years at Yellow. If you would have told me 2 years ago that I would get laid-off this year ,I would'nt have believed it.

Amen Bro...i understand what you are saying...its amazing on what the economy can do to the companies, and even believe the President has some blame on this matter as well, but that is my opinion....oh well, i didnt think any of us seen this coming....

Did you read the article in the business section of the KC Star today, it quotes Zollars, stating that they had planned this merger when Yellow bought Roadway....sneaky bastards....!

45 Linehaul laid off at NSH...don't know how many P&D or Dock. I've been laid off since September! Others since July!

Amen Bro...i understand what you are saying...its amazing on what the economy can do to the companies, and even believe the President has some blame on this matter as well, but that is my opinion....oh well, i didnt think any of us seen this coming....

Did you read the article in the business section of the KC Star today, it quotes Zollars, stating that they had planned this merger when Yellow bought Roadway....sneaky bastards....!

The advantage or disadvantage of being retired is you have time to observe these things. When I was working like you, I was too busy to do much of anything but work, just like you. This has been predicted by much greater minds than me. In my retirement I had the time to watch things like Lou Dobbs. He has been saying this was coming for more than three years. He has had many guest experts on documenting this. So, unfortunately, I have been aware of this moment for quite a while now. But it didn't do much good to tell the working folks like you, because you wouldn't have believed it anyway. Plus there wasn't a damn thing any of us could have done to change it.

And I was still working when Yellow bought Roadway, and I knew this merger was going to happen then. Denying that was just living in fantasyland. Too many people who work in this industry live there. I'll never forget the night a road driver came into our break room, shortly after Yellow had bought Roadway, and informed all of us that UPS had just bought Yellow. He knew this because his daughter, who was a manager at UPS, had called him a few minutes earlier and told him so. Everyone in the room was pissed at me because I told them that this was a huge crock of sh**. Like I asked them, how many of you ever dreamed that Yellow would buy Roadway? That rumor never started. And none of us knew one itsy bitsy thing about it until it was done. And how would some low-level manager know about this before it was made public. In the first place this kind of information cannot be revealed ahead of time, by SEC regulations. And now another clown comes on here in another thread and says he heard that YRC has filed for bankruptcy. All this on the very same day Zollars is making a public presentation saying absolutely nothing of the kind. Like I said, too many are living in fantasyland. And as John Wayne once said, "life is hard, it is even harder if you are stupid".

well hopefully they will merge our boards soon . I feel for the Big R jr guys. But Seniority has to rule.

and at 8 1/2 years you would be #4 or 5 on the extra board with 1 :shit:ty single lane runs available.

on the positive side... we have alot of sleepers runs if you like pajama wagons:hide:

Hey Piasared What ever it takes to pay the bills. I'm just below roadHazard on the board at Yellow. And yes it blows like the north wind but seniority does prevail and I've had to run the sleeper creepers in the past and I'll do it again given the opportunity. But that doesn't mean I like them. Bottom line is we're all just twigs on the shoulders of a mighty stream we have no choice but to go with the flow. Just too bad that the waters starting to dry up.

Hey Piasared What ever it takes to pay the bills. I'm just below roadHazard on the board at Yellow. And yes it blows like the north wind but seniority does prevail and I've had to run the sleeper creepers in the past and I'll do it again given the opportunity. But that doesn't mean I like them. Bottom line is we're all just twigs on the shoulders of a mighty stream we have no choice but to go with the flow. Just too bad that the waters starting to dry up.

well said Traveler!