SAIA | Layoffs

Does the layoff apply to linehaul as well as dock and city? If so, I was told by another driver that linehaul drivers are subject to layoff by virtue of the "efficiency" of the individual driver as opposed to company senority. That is based on some arcane statistics kept on the individual driver as well as other subjective measurements.

Anybody know about this?

yes the layoff applies to linehaul and dock works i have seen post where they have been laid off.and then to see from what i have heard the president resigns.not looking real good for saia right now especially seening how they are being so quite about everything. i always thought it funny how they wanted a 2 week notice when a driver quits but did they give anyone a chance to at least look around. shows you that these companys are for themselves not for the driver make no mistake about that.and wouldnt be suprised if they didnt give the raises we are suppose to get in december.

Godswrath

I haven’t heard about the president resigning but I have heard the board asked him to resign but no news on that!! I have heard Scott the head of line haul quite for improper conduct with a couple young ladies!! Rumor has it Rick O and Tony A tried to cover it up and it got out!! Goes to show you they can fire us in a heart beat but they try like heck to take care of each other in management!!

they just let go the last one hired dosnt matter how good of worker you are. we have some lazy ones and they are still they but they had been there longer

Dock worker and a city driver with one week between hiring. Dock worker can only drive a fork lift but can't seem toget the freight on the truck. City driver can drive a truck AND a fork lift. These idiots let the part time dock worker stay and sent the driver home. HOW freaking stupid???

:hysterical: Imagine how smooth things would run if they laid off 250 drivers (linehaul & p&d combined) and management decided to step in and cover the runs. :hysterical: Can you say :butt kiss: ???:hysterical:

they need to layoff middle mngmt
i can think of a few positions that are not necessary lol lol

You must be crazy!! Everyone in management are geniuses and the best in class!! If you don’t believe me just ask them!! They make this company run and its NOT the drivers or dockworkers that bring in the $$$ It’s the hard working managers that sit on their butts in air condition offices!!:butt kiss: